Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AKUTR's - Keith Davies 18:32 - Nov 30 with 1172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The excellent John O'Mahony has a beautiful tribute to Keith Davies in the latest issue AKUTR's. Try to get your hands on it.

Many thanks to John and to DT for this. Like many others, I adored Keith's company. He, Alan, Joe and company were great friends and guardians to me when I was a young Irish lad, far from home. Many's the youth game I whiled away in their company , many's the LSA trip, and many's the pint in the Western Arms.

I won't, I couldn't, add anything to John's lovely memorial piece except to say this: the story about Stan Bowles is amazing. I never heard it until now. Keith was a modest man if ever there was one.

Sleep easy.
Ní bheidh a leithéid arís ann.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

AKUTR's - Keith Davies on 20:18 - Nov 30 with 1001 viewsessextaxiboy

Keith and Alan sat directly in front of me in F block for the last 20 odd years . He was great company and he joined in our family handshake when we won .He followed my rants on here and gently ribbed me on occasions. We found we had a conection when one of my passengers mentioned that her late brother had watched Rangers with Keith . He was taken ill during a game a fewyears ago and I helped look after him .He found my No through our mutual contact and called me at home to thank me .If we took guests along he alwaysblamed them for a defeat but as my brother said , the wins were down to you as well . I will.miss the nights with my knees tucked in behind his wild hair and cap . When I asked him if he was well he would reply " you dont want to know '.His love for Rangers was total ,he would watch the kids at Harlington before coming to LR on Sat . A lovely man . I will buy AKUTRS on Sunday ..thanks for posting RIP Keith
AKUTR's - Keith Davies on 22:36 - Nov 30 with 846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

AKUTR's - Keith Davies on 20:18 - Nov 30 by essextaxiboy

Keith and Alan sat directly in front of me in F block for the last 20 odd years . He was great company and he joined in our family handshake when we won .He followed my rants on here and gently ribbed me on occasions. We found we had a conection when one of my passengers mentioned that her late brother had watched Rangers with Keith . He was taken ill during a game a fewyears ago and I helped look after him .He found my No through our mutual contact and called me at home to thank me .If we took guests along he alwaysblamed them for a defeat but as my brother said , the wins were down to you as well . I will.miss the nights with my knees tucked in behind his wild hair and cap . When I asked him if he was well he would reply " you dont want to know '.His love for Rangers was total ,he would watch the kids at Harlington before coming to LR on Sat . A lovely man . I will buy AKUTRS on Sunday ..thanks for posting RIP Keith

Lovely, Essex.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024