Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? 23:16 - Jan 25 with 6385 viewsknocker

Says the grass wasn't cut or watered.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 23:43 - Jan 25 with 5225 viewsBoston

It was smoked.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 23:46 - Jan 25 with 5199 viewsflynnbo

Sheep would help like Carlisle used to have back in the day! Not an expensive option; in fact, a baargain.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 23:50 - Jan 25 with 5171 viewsBoston

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 23:46 - Jan 25 by flynnbo

Sheep would help like Carlisle used to have back in the day! Not an expensive option; in fact, a baargain.

Yeah, there was always shit on the pitch at Brunton Park, 'cept for 1971/72.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 23:56 - Jan 25 with 5124 viewsHastings_Hoops

Must admit I thought the pitch looked a bit different tonight.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 03:16 - Jan 26 with 4935 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He also said that Swansea were the better team so clearly needs to wobble his head.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 08:36 - Jan 26 with 4706 viewsslmrstid

He should have seen the state of the pitch at Coventry on Saturday!
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 4545 viewsRangers67

Well I didn,t like the fact that his players took turns to kick the sh*t out of our players and get away with it scot free throughout the first half , I also didn,t like the way Swansea tried to put the whole stadium to sleep zzzzzzzz with their boring football. I also didn,t like the referees performance which inevitably ended up causing the ructions towards the end of the match between the players but that,s life.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 10:06 - Jan 26 with 4494 viewsBostonR

He always strikes me as having a very high opinion of himself, without being able to justify it.

Let's be honest, they bored the pants off the whole stadium last night. Yes, some nice five-a-side touches, but rarely came over the half-way line. I hope he is proud of his game-plan.

We looked jaded but I thought we should have maybe gone more direct and try turn them around as they looked so soft defensively.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 10:12 - Jan 26 with 4462 viewsPinnerPaul

When was the last time any of you cut your lawn? - grass doesn't grow in the winter (Below 10c)!

Also how does he know it wasn't watered, has he got a spy in London, or is the groundsman a Welsh agent?

Bizarre comment.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 10:32 - Jan 26 with 4409 viewsStanisgod

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 09:53 - Jan 26 by Rangers67

Well I didn,t like the fact that his players took turns to kick the sh*t out of our players and get away with it scot free throughout the first half , I also didn,t like the way Swansea tried to put the whole stadium to sleep zzzzzzzz with their boring football. I also didn,t like the referees performance which inevitably ended up causing the ructions towards the end of the match between the players but that,s life.

Top post.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 10:43 - Jan 26 with 4364 viewsRs_Holy

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 09:53 - Jan 26 by Rangers67

100% correct
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 19:53 - Jan 26 with 4129 viewsfrancisbowles

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 10:12 - Jan 26 by PinnerPaul

When was the last time any of you cut your lawn? - grass doesn't grow in the winter (Below 10c)!

Also how does he know it wasn't watered, has he got a spy in London, or is the groundsman a Welsh agent?

Bizarre comment.

Don't they put lamps on it which make it grow, to ensure it doesn't wear out?
Also, they usually water it before the game and again at half time. Football's a bit different at the higher levels than your back garden, Pinner!

So I think it's a reasonable comment and he did say it was our right.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 11:35 - Jan 27 with 3872 viewsPinnerPaul

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 19:53 - Jan 26 by francisbowles

Don't they put lamps on it which make it grow, to ensure it doesn't wear out?
Also, they usually water it before the game and again at half time. Football's a bit different at the higher levels than your back garden, Pinner!

So I think it's a reasonable comment and he did say it was our right.

Grass, even hybrid grass is still grass and the last time I looked KPFS was in the same latitude as my back garden.

ALSO, what he is complaining about have two different outcomes - IF we didn't water it would make the pitch faster, if we somehow COULD defy science and let the grass grow, it would make the pitch slower - so surely we would do one or the other, not both.

Also, no one has explained this, what benefit would not watering AND letting the grass grow actually achieve for this team (please read paragraph above before answering! )
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 09:51 - Jan 28 with 3625 viewsfrancisbowles

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 11:35 - Jan 27 by PinnerPaul

Grass, even hybrid grass is still grass and the last time I looked KPFS was in the same latitude as my back garden.

ALSO, what he is complaining about have two different outcomes - IF we didn't water it would make the pitch faster, if we somehow COULD defy science and let the grass grow, it would make the pitch slower - so surely we would do one or the other, not both.

Also, no one has explained this, what benefit would not watering AND letting the grass grow actually achieve for this team (please read paragraph above before answering! )

It does grow in winter, they usually cut it minutely short before matches and water it. This makes the pitch faster, not slower, as long as they don't overdo it.

The first link illustrates how even your patch at home may grow in the winter months. The second shows how sporting organisations pitch management has advanced.

https://www.mowdirect.co.uk/blog/2014/01/17/does-grass-grow-in-the-winter/
https://www.mypurelawn.com/how-do-they-keep-football-fields-green-in-the-winter/
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 11:12 - Jan 28 with 3497 viewsNorthernr

On this very interesting topic, I am considering cutting mine today. Must have been a ridiculously mild winter because it's definitely growing.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 11:26 - Jan 28 with 3448 viewsRBlock

They definitely do use lit heated tents to help the grass grow and keep it healthy. I use the boxes for work occasionally and was in the players box last Friday. They had the tents out then. I've got a picture, but can't figure out how to post it on here.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 12:35 - Jan 28 with 3340 viewsLazyFan

Swansea have moved from tiki-taka style to park the bus and grind em down. They are very hard to score against as they work their way to the perfection of the gold standard in PNE levels of shitehousry.

I felt if we had scored that would have forced them out and then we would have turned them over properly.

Main thing is we did not lose and limited them to really just two chances. Both of which were our own fault and gifts that they did not take.

But when you are at the top and have not lost in many games, teams will do that. They are beginning to fear us. This is because we are fearsome :)

zzzzzzzzzz

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 12:39 - Jan 28 with 3324 viewswestberksr

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 11:12 - Jan 28 by Northernr

On this very interesting topic, I am considering cutting mine today. Must have been a ridiculously mild winter because it's definitely growing.

careful Clive, mate did it yesterday when it was 13c but then a heavy overnight frost may have damaged it since. Check the weather for tonight/tomorrow morning.

similar conundrum here, waiting until Sunday

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 14:28 - Jan 28 with 3234 viewsfrancisbowles

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there, Mr W?
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 14:43 - Jan 28 with 3197 viewsMick_S

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 12:39 - Jan 28 by westberksr

careful Clive, mate did it yesterday when it was 13c but then a heavy overnight frost may have damaged it since. Check the weather for tonight/tomorrow morning.

similar conundrum here, waiting until Sunday

I’m going to be a green keeper next Tuesday, I may have mentioned this. Can I help anyone?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:18 - Jan 28 with 3070 viewsPinnerPaul

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 14:43 - Jan 28 by Mick_S

I’m going to be a green keeper next Tuesday, I may have mentioned this. Can I help anyone?

Sooooooooooooooo at what temperature DOES grass grow?

[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 17:19]
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:20 - Jan 28 with 3062 viewsNorthernr

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 14:28 - Jan 28 by francisbowles

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there, Mr W?

No I am genuinely considering it, and it has genuinely been growing through December and January.
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:24 - Jan 28 with 3044 viewsWatfordR

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:20 - Jan 28 by Northernr

No I am genuinely considering it, and it has genuinely been growing through December and January.

I note that you've been considering cutting it for over five hours now
Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 3043 viewsMick_S

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:18 - Jan 28 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooooo at what temperature DOES grass grow?

[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 17:19]

I’ll probably have a better idea on Wednesday. Lock this thread.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Swansea manager not happy with the pitch? on 17:41 - Jan 28 with 2987 viewsAddinall

Cut mine earlier this month. II will grow above 5 C. Not mowing in a mild winter will leave you with a spring battle. If it grows mow it but not if it's too wet or frosted.

Regarding watering this is a modern football fashion started by Ferguson many years ago to
make the pitch more zippy. Result is many a player losing their footing at crucial moments.

The Swansea manager is a classic case of the workman blaming his tools.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024