Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 Subs Used 18:51 - Feb 19 with 1254 viewsE17hoop

I was sure the 5 sub rule had been rescinded. How were Hull allowed 4?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

4 Subs Used on 18:52 - Feb 19 with 1243 viewstoboboly

Concussion for Ingram

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

4 Subs Used on 18:54 - Feb 19 with 1222 viewstoboboly

Although as we were talking about it after I dont understand why a concussion is different to a broken leg? Why is one treated differently to the other?

I think the medical considerations of head injuries is obviously so much better now but all injuries should be treated equally.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

4 Subs Used on 20:18 - Feb 19 with 930 viewsEsox_Lucius

4 Subs Used on 18:54 - Feb 19 by toboboly

Although as we were talking about it after I dont understand why a concussion is different to a broken leg? Why is one treated differently to the other?

I think the medical considerations of head injuries is obviously so much better now but all injuries should be treated equally.

Ingram injury looked really bad as he appeared to land on his neck and could have broken it, except he was able to move his legs. A clash of heads by any player can look innocuous but cause serious internal bleeding so if the player is examined and the doctor thinks something isn't right it is thought better to err on the side of caution. A compound fracture doesn't require any judgement calls to be made.

The grass is always greener.

4 Subs Used on 20:24 - Feb 19 with 908 viewsstrikerace

4 Subs Used on 18:54 - Feb 19 by toboboly

My guess it has to do with guys trying to play through concussions to save the subs, which as we now know is very dangerous. Unlike with a broken leg which you obviously can't play anymore, concussions are harder to diagnose and easier to hide. So this takes the teams/players incentive to hide them away
4 Subs Used on 20:43 - Feb 19 with 832 viewsMatch82

4 Subs Used on 20:24 - Feb 19 by strikerace

My guess it has to do with guys trying to play through concussions to save the subs, which as we now know is very dangerous. Unlike with a broken leg which you obviously can't play anymore, concussions are harder to diagnose and easier to hide. So this takes the teams/players incentive to hide them away

Agreed this was my take too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024