Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 18:46 - Apr 23 with 2222 viewsandrew1302

If we have to sell someone this summer might he command £5m as a result of his Scottish performances. Maybe he just doesn't fit into our system and it is not his fault but to me if we could get this sort of offer we should accept it and try and get someone much faster and more nimble. Nothing against him but he just doesn't seem to have the same desire for us as he does for Scotland which as i say maybe because we don't play to his strengths.
We desperately need some speed and younger legs.
Dykes on 18:51 - Apr 23 with 2168 viewsbakerloo8

Tbh I just don't think he is good enough.
12 goals last season helped by a few penalties and not even in double figures this.
Would be OK if he had an all round game like Heidar did that could excuse a lack of goals but he doesn't.
If the money is there he should go and we should look elsewhere.
Dykes on 18:54 - Apr 23 with 2128 viewsdavman

No way.

We need him to score one or two at the World Cup Finals to get any sort of profit on him. No-one who knows football who has watched him at QPR would fork out anywhere near 5 mil. His touch is awful; his awareness in and around the box is awful and his ability with the ball at his feet is awful. His strength is in his first time passes / flicks / chests and his shooting once he gets one off. Simply not good enough from the moment he came through the doors aside from his run of goal involvements towards the end of last season.

There is a player there somewhere, but he needs to work on the basics for me.

Good work ethic (at times), but not enough quality.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes on 18:59 - Apr 23 with 2070 viewsDamo1962

Think others have said, that when he plays for Scotland, he has good players around him who make up for his deficiencies. He certainly strikes me as someone who cares more about playing for Scotland...maybe he is homesick. But as feeble as we are as an attacking team, he is still not good enough to be your main striker in this league. If we get what we paid for him or a bit more...so long Lyndon. 5 million seems fanciful to me personally.
Dykes on 19:01 - Apr 23 with 2057 viewsdavman

I still wonder if he is the best we'll ever get for £2m though; we are unlikely to strike it lucky at that price - Washington, Bonne anyone?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes on 19:02 - Apr 23 with 2036 viewsDamo1962

Dykes on 19:01 - Apr 23 by davman

I still wonder if he is the best we'll ever get for £2m though; we are unlikely to strike it lucky at that price - Washington, Bonne anyone?

Probably not. We will have to pay more if we want better - and I know that is going to be tough for us. A couple of good loans may be our best chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024