Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives. 08:39 - Aug 10 with 739 viewsDoudou87

After having slept on last nights result I actually think there are positives to take from yesterday.

1. Rob Dickie is quality, most composed player on and off the ball.
2. Tyler Roberts, might not have looked great in the premiership but very noticeable how much better he looked compared to not only our league 1 opposition but some of our current players.
3. Sinclair Armstrong, scary prospect. Witnessing his pace and directness live made me believe in the hype. Instant impact. “Man child” as the bloke next to me said.
4. Away support, unreal
5. Still time to get some transfers done. Full backs needed, if we were prepared to spend money on the Millwall right back surely we have some resources there to spend/loan. Expect Dejon Sterling to be announced by end of week.
6. A fully fit squad has some great attacking potential, Roberts, Chair and Willock on the pitch together will be exciting.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Positives. on 08:41 - Aug 10 with 695 viewsHunterhoop

Ha! Beat you by 5 mins, but agree. We could really do with a full back who can play both sides as cover.
Positives. on 09:00 - Aug 10 with 563 viewsozranger

I have noted very little mentioned about Aaron Drewe when he came on. I would like to see him a little more to see what he really can do. Perhaps even try Ossie across to the left and Drewe on the right. He certainly has some pace and quite a good long throw.

Dickie was shouting at his players quite a lot, especially in the second half. Perhaps he is really gaining confidence, head-wise and perhaps starting to become someone you may consider a future captain.

As to Armstrong, he is very, very raw. Yes, there is lots of pace and that was pretty clear, but he needs to be coached properly and that we hope MB can do. You could see MB moving him around late in the match to get him into specific positions and teach him where to be to take advantage of his strengths. Eventually, he will get more game time, but I am quite happy to see him come off the bench and cause an impact as he matures. However, imagine if he was there when Dykes nods on the long balls, instead of the smaller and not as fast Willock and Amos. I can see Armstrong and Dykes together in a two up front style eventually, but we shall see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024