Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our current loans.. 10:00 - Jan 31 with 1691 viewsGaxZE

Just a thought maybe covered else where but it's clear now for me at least even though the gap between our position and playoff's isn't massive, we lack the character to get in and stay in the playoffs. I would guess that if we was to rocket up the league for whatever reason - we would bottle it at the the end because of our squads current character traits.

Nevertheless, I am actually at a point to write off this season and start for next.. A lot of threads for us to blood some players in, Kolli, Armstrong for example.

It begs the question about the loans we have - what type of deals are there?

Tim - I can only guess based on this coming weekends selection, that if he is selected to start - it's because we are required to pay Villa money for every game he doesn't play or some sort of deal?

Roberts - probably similar to Tim, but maybe not. Whenever he's been available for us he's started.

Richards - it seems obvious we can't cancel this loan as we have a deal to buy at the end of the season. And buying now hurts us with FFP?

Laird - arguably the best of the loans but can be seen to be delicate when it comes to knocks or injuries.

Lowe - just got here.

I would honestly have expected Les, Lee and Neil to send Tim back to villa if we could. Loaning somebody else's academy star is only good for us if they perform. Otherwise we're giving them work experience ahead of our own players regardless whether dozzell or amos are better.

Roberts isn't needed and seemingly is a bad influence on the team. His tantrums during games is evident and he can go back asap. Again - why hasn't Les or Lee done this earlier in the window?

I'd keep Laird purely because he is leagues better than Kakay and I would say he and Paal are our POTY so far.. sadly for Ozzy he's never going to be a championship starting full back.

Our squad needs a refresh that is clear - I don't think we can rely on blooding the prospects from the B team or even Kolli. We need to send back two of our loans and get others in, but i feel we've either got our heads in the sand or we're contractually unable to send them back.

Our current loans.. on 10:11 - Jan 31 with 1628 viewsEastR

we're more likely to offload some of our own first - Thomas, Hamalainen - than any of those loan players

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Our current loans.. on 13:23 - Jan 31 with 1463 viewsGaxZE

Our current loans.. on 10:11 - Jan 31 by EastR

we're more likely to offload some of our own first - Thomas, Hamalainen - than any of those loan players

agreed, but I feel those players was surplus since start of the season. I don't feel like Tim and Tyler are not good enough or anything like that - just they aren't what we need.. plus our mentality and character is being brought into question and it's crystal clear these won't improve that.
Our current loans.. on 17:32 - Jan 31 with 1263 viewsLazyFan

The loans are here to keep us in the Champ; that is obvious now.

Once that's secure, which could take some time but I believe will happen, I would start blooding the young uns.

Armstrong may get a run anyway which I think is way better than him being loaned out.

zzzzzzzzzz

Our current loans.. on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 1151 viewsenfieldargh

Listened to a question of the price of football podcast.

The question posed with regard to loan costs was that could the loaning club stipulate that a player MUST play.

It seems that the average loan is that the loaning club may pay 10% of his salary provided he plays x-amount of minutes when fit. The less minutes he plays the higher % the loaning club has to pay.

Might explain Tim being picked so far.

Anyway listen to Kieran Maguire explain it all as he does a lot better job than this tripe I've just written

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Our current loans.. on 18:35 - Jan 31 with 1121 viewsdaveB

Tim is playing every week because he's fit and available. Our other midfield options such as Johansen and Amos are injured.

if those 2 were fit then you'd see a lot more rotation in midfield which served us well in the first 10 games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024