Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR (again) 00:05 - Mar 19 with 1155 viewsloftboy

How was that Leeds goal not disallowed after a blatant shirt pull in the build up, even after the ref went to the monitor? The whole thing stinks.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

VAR (again) on 08:24 - Mar 19 with 1042 viewsdistortR

a slight tug, I reckon the ref played on as Traore had won the ball back , and then he stops because he wants a free kick. Awful by Traore imo
VAR (again) on 09:11 - Mar 19 with 1001 viewswesty

Tbh I saw nothing wrong in it at all. My god if that’s a foul the games gone.
Getting fed up with players trying to ref the game. How many times are we seeing them stop and grab the ball to entice the ref to give a foul. Another over paid, overhyped, under performing precious footballer.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 9:19]
VAR (again) on 09:36 - Mar 19 with 955 viewsDWQPR

I was totally puzzled by the Newcastle disallowed goal on Friday night when a cross was cut out by a defender to another defender who tried to clear it and then with the ball hitting Longstaff who was in an offside position, which allowed the ball to ricochet back to the Isaiah who then crossed again for Anderson to head in. Can’t see the difference between that and a goal for Liverpool earlier in the season, I think against Leeds where the defender misjudged a long diagonal which fell to Salah who was yards offside and who then promptly scored. No offside given or VAR.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

VAR (again) on 09:43 - Mar 19 with 931 viewsQPRSteve

VAR (again) on 09:36 - Mar 19 by DWQPR

I was totally puzzled by the Newcastle disallowed goal on Friday night when a cross was cut out by a defender to another defender who tried to clear it and then with the ball hitting Longstaff who was in an offside position, which allowed the ball to ricochet back to the Isaiah who then crossed again for Anderson to head in. Can’t see the difference between that and a goal for Liverpool earlier in the season, I think against Leeds where the defender misjudged a long diagonal which fell to Salah who was yards offside and who then promptly scored. No offside given or VAR.

I'm guessing that Longstaff's position forced the defender to play the ball, therefore he is deemed to be interfering with play.
VAR (again) on 09:56 - Mar 19 with 913 viewsDWQPR

VAR (again) on 09:43 - Mar 19 by QPRSteve

I'm guessing that Longstaff's position forced the defender to play the ball, therefore he is deemed to be interfering with play.

In the same way that the Leeds defender was forced to play the ball when Salah scored? For me the ball was easily in this fabled second phase.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

VAR (again) on 12:36 - Mar 19 with 826 viewsPaddyhoops

Using VAR at the Sheffield utd , Blackburn cup match which is odd as they’re championship clubs. Ally McCoist thought Jack Robinson handball wasn’t a penalty . Thought it was stonewall myself.
VAR (again) on 13:16 - Mar 19 with 770 viewswesty

VAR (again) on 12:36 - Mar 19 by Paddyhoops

Using VAR at the Sheffield utd , Blackburn cup match which is odd as they’re championship clubs. Ally McCoist thought Jack Robinson handball wasn’t a penalty . Thought it was stonewall myself.

Is that Ally ( sit on the fence ) McCoist . Or Ally ( I’ll say what’s popular ) McCoist
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 13:16]
VAR (again) on 13:25 - Mar 19 with 737 viewsLongsufferingR

VAR (again) on 12:36 - Mar 19 by Paddyhoops

For Brighton v Grimsby no doubt they will use VAR for decisions relating to Brighton but not Grimsby.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR (again) on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 709 viewsterryb

VAR (again) on 09:43 - Mar 19 by QPRSteve

The ball was played by two Forest defenders & Longstaff was nowhere near the first defender.

Compared to other games where is was decided the defenders touch was deliberate, this decision was extremely hard to understand.
VAR (again) on 13:56 - Mar 19 with 696 viewsPaddyhoops

VAR (again) on 13:16 - Mar 19 by westy

Is that Ally ( sit on the fence ) McCoist . Or Ally ( I’ll say what’s popular ) McCoist
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 13:16]

Very true. Smashing game of football mind. Two championship teams serving up superb football in contrast to that pile of shite that passed for football refereed by a 24 carat gombeen!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024