Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Townsend just said... 10:53 - Jan 25 with 1004 viewstimcocking

I live in Phuket, and in the daily Premier league programme on TV here, which i don't know if you guys get in England, Andy Townsend said he's just been speaking on the with Mark (Bowen) and they are desperately trying to bring players in but have been unable to do so, either can't/won't match the valuation or can't persuade the player or the club in question. Saying probably deadline day might see us sign another couple of players.

I do of course realise we all pretty much know this as it is, so this is a fairly pointless thread, but there you go, just passing on what i heard.
Andy Townsend just said... on 10:55 - Jan 25 with 982 viewsJuzzie

Well, it shows that the club are trying and should put off people from exasperating posts as to why we're not signing anyone.

Andy Townsend just said... on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 950 viewsTheBlob

Someone called Cocking living in Phucket?

What are the chances of that happening eh?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Andy Townsend just said... on 10:58 - Jan 25 with 945 viewsbarbicanranger

Bit of a desperate situation, regardless of improving the current personnel we need extra bodies in to get through to the end of the season...hopefully there will be some give as the deadline approaches...
Andy Townsend just said... on 11:04 - Jan 25 with 904 viewsadhoc_qpr

I do think that we are in danger of exiting the transfer window weaker than we entered it due to Faurlin's injury.

Taiwo is a good signing, but Traore was already doing a decent job at left back. Macheda doesn't seem to offer anything, just another spoiled kid from a big club academy.

The board are clearly working hard, but are they going after the right and feasible targets - why aren't we bidding for the likes of Howson (too late) or Whittingham for example?
Andy Townsend just said... on 11:08 - Jan 25 with 869 viewsA40Bosh

Andy Townsend just said... on 11:04 - Jan 25 by adhoc_qpr

I do think that we are in danger of exiting the transfer window weaker than we entered it due to Faurlin's injury.

Taiwo is a good signing, but Traore was already doing a decent job at left back. Macheda doesn't seem to offer anything, just another spoiled kid from a big club academy.

The board are clearly working hard, but are they going after the right and feasible targets - why aren't we bidding for the likes of Howson (too late) or Whittingham for example?

I disagree.

We entered the window with one manager
We will exit with a new, stronger (IMHO) manager

Therefore, we will not exit the transfer window weaker.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Andy Townsend just said... on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 850 viewsadhoc_qpr

Andy Townsend just said... on 11:08 - Jan 25 by A40Bosh

I disagree.

Fair enough, weaker in terms of playing personnel then.

I do agree that Hughes will get more out of the current bunch, but we are threadbare for numbers at centre mid and bereft of quality at centre back.
Andy Townsend just said... on 12:33 - Jan 25 with 608 viewsHollowayRanger

all the more reason to buy some quality championship players

cheaper to buy less wages younger better sell on value

would fill out our squad might be good enough to keep us up this season but as least would be quality in the championship next season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:36 - Jan 25 with 589 viewsBazWoT

Andy Townsend just said... on 11:08 - Jan 25 by A40Bosh

I disagree.

Quite, best signing in the transfer window thus far? Hughes and his team.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:45 - Jan 25 with 537 viewsadhoc_qpr

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:36 - Jan 25 by BazWoT

Quite, best signing in the transfer window thus far? Hughes and his team.

But if Buzsaky breaks down injured with his knee again in the first half of the Aston Villa game - the fact we have Hughes and his coaches isn't going to be much consolation as we get relegated...

Our squad is wafer thin in key positions - if we can't sign established prem players or up and coming foreign superstars, lets just get some solid, ambitious young Championship players looking to step up in.
Andy Townsend just said... on 12:46 - Jan 25 with 528 viewsPattaya_Rs

Game is on live out here Saturday........7pm Kick off our time .........
Andy Townsend just said... on 12:49 - Jan 25 with 516 viewstimcocking

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:45 - Jan 25 by adhoc_qpr

But if Buzsaky breaks down injured with his knee again in the first half of the Aston Villa game - the fact we have Hughes and his coaches isn't going to be much consolation as we get relegated...

Our squad is wafer thin in key positions - if we can't sign established prem players or up and coming foreign superstars, lets just get some solid, ambitious young Championship players looking to step up in.

The need for a quality striker also absolutely huge! I didn't think Helguson would play a single game for us this year. Great as he's been, my mum could outpace him. I can't believe we're relying on Heidar. Fantastically well even though he's done.
Andy Townsend just said... on 12:50 - Jan 25 with 504 viewswestolian

Andy Townsend must have a long commute !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:53 - Jan 25 with 474 viewstimcocking

Andy Townsend just said... on 12:50 - Jan 25 by westolian

Andy Townsend must have a long commute !

They've got phonelines here now :-)
Andy Townsend just said... on 12:59 - Jan 25 with 454 viewsjohnhoop

I reckon this new Gambian guy,Kaxo,could make a big difference,Well done to Hughes and his team for spotting him in the Rumanian second tier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024