Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Park Life 09:28 - Aug 6 with 1925 viewsexiled_dictator

South Korean footballer Park Ji-sung completes his return to his former club PSV Eindhoven in the top Dutch league on a loan deal from Queens Park Rangers, according to Korean news agency Yonhap.

Rumours of Park's move back to the Netherlands first surfaced in late July, when Dutch media reported that the midfielder had undergone a medical test and was close to finalising the transaction.

The two sides wrangled over the terms of Park's move, with the player seeking a loan deal while PSV wanted a complete transfer, before the club relented.

So no confirmation from our side about this deal which has been cold for a while now. Also, he only has 1 year left on his contract, so what does a 1 year loan give us? What happens at the end of the year? Explain please.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Park Life on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 1826 viewsbarbicanranger

Would have preferred an outright sale on this one.
Park Life on 09:51 - Aug 6 with 1810 viewsbobby

Probably to do with marketing deals for his brand in Asia.
Technically he is still a QPR player..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Park Life on 09:55 - Aug 6 with 1796 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Good.

One of the most useless players I have ever seen. Apart from that great bit of effort and cross for Jay against Southampton.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Park Life on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 1709 viewsHollowayRanger

good rid there's more life in a pot noddle

read we are still paying some of his wages

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Park Life on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 1543 viewsToast_R

How desperate must PSV be?

They sold him as a Rolls Royce and are getting him back as a cut and shut clapped out old banger that couldn't beat a mobility scooter off the lights.

Laughable really.
Park Life on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 1538 viewsAntti_Heinola

I feel we're getting a bit carried away with how pleased we are by these loans. I suspect in all cases we'll be heavily subsidising the wages.

Bare bones.

Park Life on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 1497 viewsQPunkR

Park Life on 11:42 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

I feel we're getting a bit carried away with how pleased we are by these loans. I suspect in all cases we'll be heavily subsidising the wages.

I seriously hope not.
But if we can even cut 50% of his undoubtedly massive wages off the bill, it's definitely miles better than having the useless git here, especially if no-one's gonna pay moolah to take him off our hands permanently

QPR - "shit but local"

Park Life on 12:45 - Aug 6 with 1359 viewsexiled_dictator

We have to be subsidising his salary; PSV have a salary cap of €1m a year, or about £17k a week. Given that he is one of our very top earners on an alleged £60k a week, you can do the maths for yourselves. This is why the deal is only a loan and not a perm as they cannot afford him.
Also heard that Julio Cesar's loan move to Fiorentina will mean we pay half his salary.
Too depressed to talk about the Remy & Taarabt deals, but likewise, they also include an amount still being paid by us.
It just goes to show you how out of control and reckless we really were once we reached the Promised Land. One of the very top club wages without a seemingly logical or financially viable ceiling. Hopefully we will have learned that no player should be earning more than £25k a week in The Championship, and a bit more in The Premiership. The days of £70k a week footballers at QPR should be consigned to the dark pages of our history.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

Park Life on 13:09 - Aug 6 with 1293 viewsrsonist

I read otherwise regarding Remy and Taarabt, but either way I don't think it's appropriate to state anything in decisive terms.

If these are the best deals the club can get then what can you do?
Park Life on 13:14 - Aug 6 with 1275 viewsqprmick

Park Life on 12:45 - Aug 6 by exiled_dictator

We have to be subsidising his salary; PSV have a salary cap of €1m a year, or about £17k a week. Given that he is one of our very top earners on an alleged £60k a week, you can do the maths for yourselves. This is why the deal is only a loan and not a perm as they cannot afford him.
Also heard that Julio Cesar's loan move to Fiorentina will mean we pay half his salary.
Too depressed to talk about the Remy & Taarabt deals, but likewise, they also include an amount still being paid by us.
It just goes to show you how out of control and reckless we really were once we reached the Promised Land. One of the very top club wages without a seemingly logical or financially viable ceiling. Hopefully we will have learned that no player should be earning more than £25k a week in The Championship, and a bit more in The Premiership. The days of £70k a week footballers at QPR should be consigned to the dark pages of our history.

It would have been good if it had worked, the TV money would have been much better than parachute payments. The best laid plains of mice and men..............

Qprmick

Park Life on 13:15 - Aug 6 with 1269 viewsJamie

More than happy for the club to pay 100% of his wages to leave.
Park Life on 13:49 - Aug 6 with 1193 viewslave16

Park Life on 13:15 - Aug 6 by Jamie

More than happy for the club to pay 100% of his wages to leave.

from my point of view I don't feel we should be looking Cesar, Adel or Park back... Park is not good enough he's basically done... Cesar I think was over rated and Adel is to difficult to manage...

As far as us subsidising their wages I am glad someone else is paying some of them as they are better playing elsewhere than rotting in our reserves.... so at least we are not paying the full 60k each a week for them to sit on the bench or play in the reserves and shop in Harrods..

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Park Life on 14:00 - Aug 6 with 1171 viewsadhoc_qpr

Didn't Park say he was looking to retire next summer when his contract was up?

Either way, i doubt we'll ever see him (falling over) in a QPR shirt again.
Park Life on 14:24 - Aug 6 with 1136 viewsrsonist

As Northern pointed out it's Cesar's behaviour this summer that's been the most disgusting. Trying to extort more money from a Champions League club ahead of a World Cup in his home country, there's no excuse.
Park Life on 14:28 - Aug 6 with 1119 viewskensalriser

Park Life on 14:24 - Aug 6 by rsonist

As Northern pointed out it's Cesar's behaviour this summer that's been the most disgusting. Trying to extort more money from a Champions League club ahead of a World Cup in his home country, there's no excuse.

Chelsea kit is making more sense now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Park Life on 15:07 - Aug 6 with 1082 viewsDylanP

Based on what?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024