Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is McClaren the key ? 10:35 - Aug 7 with 1345 viewswood_hoop

IMO a good appointment when made, early days of course but the changes that seem to be happening all round the club are very encouraging, especially after the debacle of last season.

Am I right in thinking he is only a very short contract, read somewhere it was for only three months !

Good coaches are as valuable as the manager, cannot believe that the transformation is just down to shipping a few players out and signing a few new ones in such a short space of time.

Is McClaren the key ? on 10:39 - Aug 7 with 1301 viewsJonDoeman

Yeah, looks a good decision by Harry!

It Is What It Is !!

Is McClaren the key ? on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 1274 viewsconnell10

lets just wait and see! we have played a lower half championship side and a league 2 side so far , lets see if the mcClaren effect is still in place after 10 or so matches!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is McClaren the key ? on 10:44 - Aug 7 with 1267 viewshoopstilidie

Certainly made a difference to Junior. Every pre-season game you heard him encouraging him and urging him forward all game.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Is McClaren the key ? on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 1246 viewsadhoc_qpr

Only here for another 2 months currently, but i've heard him name checked a few times by players so he is obviously having some impact.

I guess if no Managerial vacancies crop up there is no reason he won't stay on a rolling basis though?
Is McClaren the key ? on 10:47 - Aug 7 with 1238 viewsJuzzie

I've always thought he was a good coach, just never a good manager.

It's the same that good players don't necessarily make good managers and some good managers were average players.
Is McClaren the key ? on 10:47 - Aug 7 with 1237 viewsTonto

My knee jerk reaction was - oh no not Schteve. but in hindsight maybe I was wrong.

'Arry is not a coach. hes a wheeler deeler, man manager. Schteve is more of a tactics, training day to day guy. On paper thats a good combination.

However, i would be concerned if Schteve was being lined up to take over.

But it is still early, but the results so far are good!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Is McClaren the key ? on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewsadhoc_qpr

His managerial record is certainly patchy (Forest and England...), but fair play to him for going off to Holland and Germany and achieving some success (in the former anyway).

At least he has won a few things and got to a few finals in his time.
Is McClaren the key ? on 11:07 - Aug 7 with 1169 viewsN12Hoop

He's very experienced and probably very influential. A good pro to have around the club and someone the players probably respect. Too early to form a proper judgement, but the current set up looks very good.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Is McClaren the key ? on 11:30 - Aug 7 with 1090 viewsbosh67

I think if he is just left to do what he does best, coach players, he's a major asset. Put a suit on him and ask him to tie his tie he's all over the place. He's a training ground guru. Finally back to his comfort zone and we are lucky to have him in that capacity. God forbid Harry gives up and they promote him, that's where he comes unstuck.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is McClaren the key ? on 11:31 - Aug 7 with 1088 viewshoopdog

No Harry is
Is McClaren the key ? on 11:49 - Aug 7 with 1045 viewsrsonist

Hard to see any effect he's had on the style of play (has a reputation as a "progressive" coach for no discernable reason really) but certainly he's likely had an effect on morale having a positive new face around, freshening up the training, and most importantly putting a slight bit of space between Redknapp and the squad for a while. I'd imagine after last season everyone was sick of the sight of each other. Could end up proving a masterstroke - change is better than a rest in this case.
Is McClaren the key ? on 11:53 - Aug 7 with 1034 viewsbarbicanranger

always struck me as a boring turd but seeing him in the pre-season videos and tunnel cam from last saturday has changed that view - lively, good banter, gees the team along...and most importantly has shtop shpeaking with that dutch ashcent.
Is McClaren the key ? on 11:59 - Aug 7 with 1007 viewsrsonist

Think he's just one of those people that works best when he's not the focal point. As soon as you make him the leader of the pack that banter and positivity rings hollow and annoying.

(Unless you're a Dutchman apparently).
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 12:00]
Is McClaren the key ? on 12:01 - Aug 7 with 996 viewsfakekerby

He's obviously doing a good job and seems to be very positive to have around the place.

I've been pleased with our start, it's exceeded my expectations, but we have a hard month coming up and Sheff Weds and Exeter were always going to be two of the easier fixtures.
Is McClaren the key ? on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 968 viewswittle

give it a rest you lot cotteril was the man
Is McClaren the key ? on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 878 viewsTacticalR

Is McClaren the key ? on 12:09 - Aug 7 by wittle

give it a rest you lot cotteril was the man

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024