Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Look 12:21 - Aug 11 with 2161 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not too sure meself, Unbeaten start this season, think it'll be tough this season at times and yesterday showed why. All the same I reckon Top 6 but probably not title winning or even probably top 2
New Look on 12:28 - Aug 11 with 2139 viewsessextaxiboy

We are unbeaten , we are still in for some decent players , both oppo goalkeepers so far have had blinders .

We will start beating teams convincingly soon . Champions
New Look on 12:30 - Aug 11 with 2132 viewsTGRRRSSS

That would be good

New Look refers to this sites new look. Otherwise happy we're still unbeaten and realistic enough to know we wont win every game
New Look on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 2125 viewsTHEBUSH

We're still missing that spark from midfield, someone who makes us tick.

Myself, I think Parker could do the job, but don't seem he wants to come to us ?
New Look on 12:54 - Aug 11 with 2066 viewsQPRDave

Tis a nightmare of a league. Just hope our boys keep their confidence cause we will lose games that we all think we should've won, but so will others, and player for player i think we have the best squad in the division. So as long as they stay confident think we'll do well
New Look on 14:21 - Aug 11 with 1947 viewsHayesender

Udinese will win the league with all those new signings they've been banned from signing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New Look on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 1937 viewskensalriser

We still have a lot of the same problems, we've just been playing much weaker opposition. The one difference is that we look capable of scoring goals with Hoilett, Johnson and Austin.

Yesterday was three points for the taking but there wasn't enough concentration; too many sloppy passes, too much standing off and poor communication during promising moves. We certainly missed Faurlin.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Look on 14:43 - Aug 11 with 1898 viewsFredManRave

There are probably still a few additions to come before the end of the month which will improve the squad. And the team and Harry will improve as the season goes on. I really do think a top 6 finish will be within our reach, something I wasn't thinking 2 months ago.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

New Look on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 1786 viewsToast_R

Very early days yet, in September we'll know for sure how this team stand in the promotion stakes.

We have to make LR an impenetrable fortress though, a place the opposition hate playing in which is something QPR have been lacking for two years bar the Chelsea derbies.
Login to get fewer ads

New Look on 17:30 - Aug 11 with 1743 viewsDylanP

It appears that TF and Beard have a signing or two left up their collective sleeve. On top of that, the group we have haven't really had a chance to play together much. That makes me optimistic that we will get better. We are picking up points when we still have some improving in us. That has to be hopeful. As long as we can avoid the disasterous injuries, we are in with a chance. Top 6 in a worthy target for the year. Better ins't out of the question, but neither are guaranteed.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

New Look on 17:59 - Aug 11 with 1672 viewsMonahoop

New Look on 12:54 - Aug 11 by QPRDave

Tis a nightmare of a league. Just hope our boys keep their confidence cause we will lose games that we all think we should've won, but so will others, and player for player i think we have the best squad in the division. So as long as they stay confident think we'll do well

Agree with most of that. Such a tough division and it's far too early to predict how it will go for us regardless of who is in the squad. Wait until December, then you might have better idea how things are panning out. The team could be in mid table then, capable of a second half of the season surge upwards or a second half of the season collapse. This division can be so tight, much. much less predictable than the Premier League.

Who knows?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

New Look on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 1637 viewsadhoc_qpr

It's been a pretty decent start to the season IMO

Yes we could/should have won yesterday but equally we could have lost it in the last few minutes.

We aren't good enough to steam roller this league, but if we can be consistent playoffs are a realistic aim.

Centre midfield and centre backs are looking a bit shaky and we lack depth at left back and striker, so hopefully we'll add a few more bodies.
New Look on 18:24 - Aug 11 with 1629 viewsWatfordR

New Look on 18:20 - Aug 11 by adhoc_qpr

It's been a pretty decent start to the season IMO

Yes we could/should have won yesterday but equally we could have lost it in the last few minutes.

We aren't good enough to steam roller this league, but if we can be consistent playoffs are a realistic aim.

Centre midfield and centre backs are looking a bit shaky and we lack depth at left back and striker, so hopefully we'll add a few more bodies.

Re our squad depth, perhaps imagining for a minute who would step in given injury or suspension in particular positions give the best idea of where we are short. On that basis, I'd say we are in need of another LB (assuming Traore goes), RB, pacy CB (to cover Onuoha). right sided midfielder and big front man.
New Look on 18:29 - Aug 11 with 1621 viewsadhoc_qpr

New Look on 18:24 - Aug 11 by WatfordR

Re our squad depth, perhaps imagining for a minute who would step in given injury or suspension in particular positions give the best idea of where we are short. On that basis, I'd say we are in need of another LB (assuming Traore goes), RB, pacy CB (to cover Onuoha). right sided midfielder and big front man.

I'd agree with that in an ideal world, but i suspect we won't get that many more players in.

For example if we get another CB in, then Onouha will also be available to cover for Simpson at RB etc
New Look on 18:34 - Aug 11 with 1612 viewsWatfordR

New Look on 18:29 - Aug 11 by adhoc_qpr

I'd agree with that in an ideal world, but i suspect we won't get that many more players in.

For example if we get another CB in, then Onouha will also be available to cover for Simpson at RB etc

we don't necessarily need to find people to come in and start in all those positions, Harriman for example might provide ample cover for Simpson. League game time whilst he is on loan could be invaluable. Think Zapata would potentially be a great addition if he could settle in quickly.
New Look on 18:38 - Aug 11 with 1606 viewseghamranger

So

Baird (LB)
Townsend (RM)
Zapata (F)

New central defender or Mbia if he is staying.
New Look on 18:40 - Aug 11 with 1602 viewsWatfordR

New Look on 18:38 - Aug 11 by eghamranger

So

Baird (LB)
Townsend (RM)
Zapata (F)

New central defender or Mbia if he is staying.

Yep that would do.

Ta.
New Look on 18:44 - Aug 11 with 1594 viewseghamranger

Clive,

Please forward this to HR and TF as egham and watford have sorted out the new signings.

New Look on 18:53 - Aug 11 with 1572 viewsowza

Pacy CB to cover Onouha? You do know he clocked 11.09 seconds in the 100m. He is fast enough. Don't you mean we should have cover for Clint Hill.
New Look on 18:58 - Aug 11 with 1562 viewsWatfordR

New Look on 18:53 - Aug 11 by owza

Pacy CB to cover Onouha? You do know he clocked 11.09 seconds in the 100m. He is fast enough. Don't you mean we should have cover for Clint Hill.

I mean if Onuoha is out, we have Dunne and Hill as a CB pairing, which is not ideal if we come up against a team that doesn't play with wheelchair bound strikers.
New Look on 19:04 - Aug 11 with 1547 viewsowza

New Look on 18:58 - Aug 11 by WatfordR

I mean if Onuoha is out, we have Dunne and Hill as a CB pairing, which is not ideal if we come up against a team that doesn't play with wheelchair bound strikers.

I agree. Dunne is play I dislike. He is a lump. But I am happy with Onuoha, I think he could be a force this season. He won't be out, he is a fit, young lad. Dunne is the back up. I think a winger is vital. Townsend would be my number 1 choice by a mile but I would also be happy with Matt Phillips. Assaidi I am not to sure about, he did not kick a ball last year but he may want to prove himself. As long as SWP doesn't play I am happy. We need one more striker and I would be very happy with Zapata.
New Look on 19:24 - Aug 11 with 1520 viewsrsonist

I think SWP's looked the part at this level so far to be honest - as much as I like Matt Phillips we'd probably be better off playing the winger we're already overpaying if he can do a job.

Assaidi is certainly an unknown quantity compared to the other options but that's what I like about him too - the unexpected Adel factor to turn stodgy draws into wins.
New Look on 20:07 - Aug 11 with 1440 viewskensalriser

Whatever level you play at, you still need to be able to hit the target to score and the goal is still the same size.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Look on 20:11 - Aug 11 with 1430 viewsEalingRanger

We already look over-reliant on Onouha and Hoilett. If either of them get a bad injury I can't see us doing much better than mid-table. Plenty can happen before the window shuts obviously but it will take a lot more than an unbeaten start against three rubbish teams before I forget how bad last season was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024