Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum
Reply
Oh dear. 😂😂
at 21:25 10 Oct 2026

Common Sense Policies for a Better Britain
Forum
Reply
Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread
at 00:29 10 Oct 2026

Stephan has the boys playing as a team and several of them on their top form - Smyth, for example, has always put in a shift for us, but he looks genuine class at this level now. (Another fine performance by Dunne btw, we take that for granted these days but time was when people wanted him sold.)

Maybe when he says that he has to take certain players off to manage their workload, at a time when half our first XI are injured, we ought to assume he knows what he's talking about.
Forum
Reply
You know you're getting old when...
at 09:14 6 Oct 2026

"I name this child Simon, Simon..."
Forum
Reply
Jeffrey Archer RIP
at 08:57 6 Oct 2026

I have to say that I never read any of his books but I heard one adapted on Radio 4 and it was one of the most cliched piles of crap I've ever heard.

Sorry, but there you go.
Forum
Reply
Fulham BCD Friendly?
at 21:16 5 Oct 2026

"Waiting for?"

Christ my whole time as a QPR fan has been nothing but sado-masochism.
Forum
Reply
QPR Loan Watch 2026-27
at 11:26 4 Oct 2026

If that's how the other clubs view it, then it's not working fir us and Connell's observation about Kolli is sound.

If we were to loan a player from a league above us, then I expect them to be better than our current squad and to play (e.g. Charles.) If they are from a lower league and just brought on for cover then tbh I'd be looking at a cheap purchase (e.g. Calum Ward) or maybe the loan of an older player who is on his way down the pyramid as a regular starter but can still play 90 minutes on occasion and has bags of experience (e.g. Field going to Norwich.)

If lower league sides are taking our young players just as cover then I don't see the benefit to either party. Our lad is keeping their kids from getting that experience of being in the squad but not getting regular game time for himself. The coaching should not be as good as ours unless we're doing something wrong.

If I'm a Bradford City fan when I hear about Morgan being loaned I'm thinking "he's a product of Premier League youth coaching who at age 20 has already made almost 60 appearances in the League above us and seems well thought of by fans." AFAICT from a quick google the only midfielder they have who's played at above League 1 level as at Ipswich on loan for a season 9 years ago.

I'd be expecting a cut above what I've already got, not someone to resort to if my first choice is injured or suspended.
Forum
Reply
Amber Taverns
at 18:34 3 Oct 2026

TBH given Stroud has a Spoons and a couple of good Proper Pubs (The Ale House, The Retreat, or a little further uphill there's The Golden Fleece) it's probably the worst pub in Stroud from my POV but decent enough for the younger crowd I think.
Forum
Reply
Bayeux Tapestry
at 22:31 2 Oct 2026

If you really badly want to go you could consider getting British Museum membership, in which case tickets go on sale on Monday.

I took up membership a couple of years ago, you have to go to about three exhibitions per year to make it pay (most exhibitions are free to members, this one isn't, bt you do get first go at tickets.)
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 22:22 2 Oct 2026

Yeah, I hate these Football Corruption Breaks.
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 22:13 2 Oct 2026

My favourite one about Shakespeare historical quotes is Henry V before Agincourt - "We happy few, we band of brothers...Cry God for Harry, England and St George"

The nearest contemporary source says that what he actually said was "Fellas, let's go."
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 12:42 1 Oct 2026

Could we discuss Man City and football finance without a load of constitutionally ignorant political bollocks, please.
Forum
Reply
Bayeux Tapestry
at 20:51 30 Sep 2026

I'm planning to go in the New Year.

I did hear at second hand that the timed tickets weren't working very well - = apparently the crowd was 5 deep so everyone was waiting to get to the front to be able to see, which in turn meant that the flow was incredibly slow and they had to queue for a couple of hours despite having a time slot. Hopefully the BM will have addressed this.

Incidentally there is a full sized fake copy in err, Reading (no, honestly).

https://www.readingmuseum.org.
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 20:44 30 Sep 2026

I quite liked the suggestion that relegation to the Championship isn't enough, they should be made to play in Scotland.
Forum
Reply
Just back (from the library)
at 12:07 28 Sep 2026

Best thing I've read in days.
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 12:50 27 Sep 2026

Fair points, Brian, every one of them.

I suppose I just try to rein in my natural belief that we, and similar sized clubs. don't get a fair crack of the whip, until you get something undeniable like this City thing.

Ironically I think for quite a long time Man City got a free pass from many fans precisely because they looked like a club that hadn't had all those advantages, and had been through the mill, who had got their hands on the ability to give it right back to the likes off Man United and Liverpool. (Related, I have never got over Man United fans calling Shearer a mercenary because he opted for Blackburn's cash instead of theirs in the one tiny window in history when Rovers could outbid them.)
Forum
Reply
Man City - GUILTY
at 00:47 26 Sep 2026

On the stripping of titles thing;

Completely agree that it will mean nothing to the fans of clubs who get them awarded, and that equally it won't take away the life experience for City fans of the winning moment.

Still.

There are things like record books and trophy cabinets; International sides have stars on shirts for title wins. I think it's right that those things get removed if you're caught cheating. God knows I long ago got sick of scousers banging on about how many titles they won, but (gritted teeth) they did actually win the buggers.
Forum
Reply
QPR Loan Watch 2026-27
at 23:21 25 Sep 2026

Hmm.

Decades ago in my inglorious and brief legal career I recall working on a contract for a commercial property contract where our client (the freeholder) kept trying to insert a clause insisting that only "high class" businesses were allowed, and my boss kept striking it out. Eventually he told them straight up: you just can't enforce that clause, no-one can define what it means, you're just setting up the prospect of massive legal costs and a court case if you try to.

On this example, the issue you raise about injury or suspension is exactly why I suspect you can't have such a clause, irrespective of the elements of contract. Suspensions are completely outside the control of the club taking the player on loan, in fact the player could actively sabotage it (and how would you prove that he was or wasn't doing that?) Injury might be clear if a player gets a broken leg our whatever but how do you assess when they are fully match fit?

I daresay you could have some sort of independent arbitrator and medical evidence, which would cost a f*cking fortune and make the whole loan deal uneconomic for all parties.
Forum
Reply
Other kits you like
at 00:08 25 Sep 2026

Christ, how could I have forgotten this beauty?



Forum
Reply
Cantona
at 23:53 23 Sep 2026

A long time ago? The bloody ref has only just got round to blowing.
Forum
Reply
Red Fox….. She Back !
at 23:51 23 Sep 2026

Red Fox and HSB both available at the Mad Bishop And Bear on Paddington station yesterday, when I was stuck there due to cloud of gas over Didcot Parkway or suchlike.
Please log in to use all the site's facilities

CiderwithRsie


Site Scores

Prediction League: 0
TOTAL: 0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026