 | Forum Reply | Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread at 23:39 9 Oct 2026
Well I have to say I thought Adamson was brilliant tonight. So quick out to the player, right on him each time - really really good. Well done young man! Overall superb performance for 70 or so minutes - we set up brilliantly, so happy to have JS in charge and a team capable of playing the system he wants, we were so good. I think the subs were needed, Kemper hasn't played for ages and Smyth looked like he had a knock and had run loads. The subs did kill us though as everyone can see which was a real shame, added to Adamson looking like he cramped up (understandable) and Lamptey pulling up completely. I don't really get Vale, can do some great things but not sure he helps the way we play. Mbengue shirt pull was soo stupid. Slightly concerning how we couldn't pass the ball anymore the last 15 minutes but I guess everyone was tired. Great result overall, and really good we more than matched them overall until the changes. JS is some manager. Charles is some keeper. Team spirit brilliant. So many positives and promising elements, as well as things to work on. Bring on Wednesday! |
 | Forum Reply | keeper at 23:30 9 Oct 2026
Well he won't be playing for Man City next season, but you would expect him to play in the Premier League next year. If we somehow went up, good chance he would come on loan to us again I think as I expect they are happy with his development. If we don't go up, unlikely. Signing permanently? It's good to dream! |
 | Forum Reply | Blowing Bubbles Up The R's Match Thread at 19:46 9 Oct 2026
I'm happy with the line-up but slightly concerned for Adamson - I know he is getting rave reviews on here, but he looks a bit raw defensively to me and I worry he might get exposed more in this game - let's see. Maybe he comes of age in this game, I hope so as he has a great attitude and clearly much improved this season. |
 | Forum Reply | England v Spain....thread...if interested. at 00:19 27 Sep 2026
Went to the game with my son - I've mentioned on here family tickets are £25 adults and £12.50 U16s - great value. Anyway, it was a great game to watch - Spain are a brilliant team, good to see them live. We gave them their first two goals, but they missed quite a few good chances. Once they went 3-2 we could hardly touch the ball for ages. We had some good moments, both defences looked open at times, better team definitely won. Our playing out from the back was at times terrifying. No disgrace losing by a goal to that team. We do need a right back though who can attack. |
 | Forum Reply | Andros Townsend at 10:11 20 Sep 2026
I saw that and couldn't work out if it was real - crazy if it is! Why is that machine on the pitch when they are warming up! |
 | Forum Reply | Zan Celar - Goal Machine !! at 17:35 18 Sep 2026
100% onside. Didn't work out for us, we will never know what, if anything might have happened after he got his couple of goals and then got injured. Suspect he would do better in this team, as would most players. Good luck to him! |
 | Forum Reply | Our initials are better than yours, MATCH THREAD. at 13:34 12 Sep 2026
That's about poor as we have been this season in terms of going forwards and being in the game, having any periods of control. It's been all West Brom control. The good news / positives from that is that we still scored, are level at HT and have restricted them to hardly any chances where in previous seasons we miught easily be losing. We still need to improve, hopefully Kamara will come on 2nd half. |
 | Forum Reply | QPR and injuries at 15:21 10 Sep 2026
Chair and Kone are the only ones I would be concerned about in terms of any prevention that could maybe have occured. That said I was surprised to see Dunne come back out after HT, I hope that didn't aggravate things. I wonder if he played it down to try and continue. Chair seems to have been quite injured the last few seasons, I wonder if his body is becoming more prone to injuries now? Either way, worrying how he went down. He was so fit for many years. Kone similar to Chair, I guess he tried to keep going after he felt something go, maybe a mistake and again hopefully it's not made things worse. People missing 1-2 games I think is just going to happen, it's the long-term injuries that will really hurt us. |
 | Forum Reply | So, six games in at 15:00 10 Sep 2026
I predicted 9-12th in the pre-season where will we finish poll - I think that was a popular finishing position and most felt that would show progress. It definitely feels like that's a target that's achievable. Our current points per game would see us finish on 84 points, though as you say some teams may not finish top half. I don't feel our achilles heel will be injuries this season, and am less worried about that than last season. Finishing is our big issue, and last 3rd decision making. Julien mentioned it in his interview, so I think the question will be can we turn that around. If yes, anything is possible, if no I think we will still improve on last year and probably be in the 9-12 place finish. I am feeling more confident than I have in a longtime, we have a way of playing now that makes us defensively better and able to break forward very well, but also able to play around with the ball when nothing is on. We are generally in a good spell at the moment, we will have a bad spell. Hopefully we can keep emotions level like Julien does so we don't veer too much from one extreme to another. [Post edited 10 Sep 15:01]
|
 | Forum Reply | QPR and injuries at 23:21 9 Sep 2026
Dunne looked like he got injured going for a header at a corner - hard to see what happened precisely - I imagine he either fell awkwarldy or someone landed on him. He was definitely limping back from the corner just before half-time. |
 | Forum Reply | SO......WHAT TEAM STARTS TONIGHT at 13:28 9 Sep 2026
I'd prefer if he stuck to one up top so Lloyd can come on for Burrell, otherwise I'm not sure who we have to bring on to keep the press after 60 mins. So I'd have Poku in for Lloyd. |
 | Forum Reply | Charlton and the Wheelies Match Thread at 13:24 9 Sep 2026
No reason not to feel confident, they will probably feel the same, though maybe not quite as much on the back of a 4-0 loss. We've played well (in parts at least) every game since Fiorentina, we have a system, good match fitness and a decent squad with some players who should only get better the more they play (Kamara, Lampty, Cirkin). We've mostly match Boro last game (accepting they were much better first half and we had the second half). Our main issue remains taking our chances. I'm going for a hard fought 2-1 win. [Post edited 9 Sep 18:00]
|
 | Forum Reply | Taarabt retires at 17:49 8 Sep 2026
So many good memories - the Allen nutmeg, that season he scored 18 and got 18 assists was just soo good! |
 | Forum Reply | BTW at 21:11 6 Sep 2026
I also was wondering - hoping all is well. Always like Brian's reasoned posts, and his way even when he disagrees with something |
 | Forum Reply | Simon (Barker) Says...Ewood score a goal. Blackburn Vs QPR match threads at 15:09 29 Aug 2026
Excited Cirkin is starting, he looked great based on his time last game. Don't mind us trying Edwards and Madsen together on a 442, not really sure about it if 5 across the middle. But Cirkin, JCS, Dunne, MBengue with Edwards and Madsen ahead of them feels solid, and Smyth and Chair work hard also. Interesting.. |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | OakR
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 1 | | TOTAL: | 1 |
|