Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 15:24 - Jan 25 with 4951 viewswimborne_dale

01 Lillis
03 Bennett
16 Done
24 Allen
05 Eastham
22 O'Connell
07 Vincenti
25 Rose
11 Hogan
12 Lund
40 Henderson
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 15:24]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 3520 viewswimborne_dale

Sounds like the wendies shaded the opening gambit (on Dale Player) Ref inconsistent in showing yellow cards.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 15:32 - Jan 25 with 3503 viewsformbydale

City 0 : Watford 2 what's going on?

I feel all at sea.

Match Thread on 15:34 - Jan 25 with 3495 viewsformbydale

Only one big team left come on dale Liverpool in next round

I feel all at sea.

Match Thread on 15:47 - Jan 25 with 3447 viewswimborne_dale

Wendies hit the post.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 15:49 - Jan 25 with 3429 viewsformbydale

great save Lillis, 0-0 half time

I feel all at sea.

Match Thread on 15:50 - Jan 25 with 3425 viewswimborne_dale

HT 0-0

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 16:08 - Jan 25 with 3334 viewsformbydale

Opps 0-1

I feel all at sea.

Match Thread on 16:10 - Jan 25 with 3321 viewswimborne_dale

0-1

Edgar Allan's Crow

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 16:21 - Jan 25 with 3223 viewswimborne_dale

Rose YES

C O M E O N D A L E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Daleys BELIEVE !!!!!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match Thread on 16:26 - Jan 25 with 3169 viewswidgibob

When Wednesdays second Goal went in Carlton Palmer said "Yes Game Over!!" is it Carton is it??!!

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 25 with 2871 viewsSwissdale

Hilly got it wrong today.
Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 25 with 2843 viewsfitzochris

Good effort but when they went down to ten, there was no push. Hery should have come on instead of Camps.

JK coming in is a boost going forward, but I do maintain an extra attacking option would be a big plus.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread on 17:32 - Jan 25 with 2750 viewsowlio

Match was close as expected and ruined by some poor referering.
Match Thread on 17:34 - Jan 25 with 2724 views442Dale

Commendable effort throughout but feel it was a missed opportunity after the sending off. 

Not sure if Vincenti was injured, but the  changes after he went off appeared too many in number and too complicated in execution. Rose on the right, then LB after Bennett went off with Done at RB and by the end we looked to have three centre forwards in a line (Donnelly, Cummins and Hogan). We didn't stretch them out wide enough, and it allowed them to defend well. The Camps sub didn't effect the game either, very similar to his display v Port Vale. It ended very congested and players like Henderson were negated. 

First half we played some good stuff at times, but the difference to the Leeds game was Wednesday never gave us a chance to really create much - they were excellent at the back and also dangerous on the break.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread on 17:42 - Jan 25 with 2657 viewsDaleaholic

In my opinion, Keith Hill didn't get anything wrong today. He's being mindful of the league campaign. Have to remember we had 2 key players missing today. 2-1 against championship opposition is not embarrassing at all. Well done to the lads, shame we couldn't get an equaliser!

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Match Thread on 17:43 - Jan 25 with 2643 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 17:34 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Commendable effort throughout but feel it was a missed opportunity after the sending off. 

Not sure if Vincenti was injured, but the  changes after he went off appeared too many in number and too complicated in execution. Rose on the right, then LB after Bennett went off with Done at RB and by the end we looked to have three centre forwards in a line (Donnelly, Cummins and Hogan). We didn't stretch them out wide enough, and it allowed them to defend well. The Camps sub didn't effect the game either, very similar to his display v Port Vale. It ended very congested and players like Henderson were negated. 

First half we played some good stuff at times, but the difference to the Leeds game was Wednesday never gave us a chance to really create much - they were excellent at the back and also dangerous on the break.

Gray had obviously done his homework, and the Hogan/Hendo combo up front wasn't given any opportunity to flourish. Scotty in particular had a match to forget, but I'm not disappointed - he should now be allowed to further develop his game with us.

Thought Eastham did well and didn't look out of place against championship forwards, whose touch, pace and rapid movement showed that there's still a gulf for Scotty to make up before he's ready for bigger things. Don't get me wrong - he'll get there but all in good time. Jacko was his usual dominant self.

In a way, I'm relieved the cup run's over. We've made some money and created a bit of attention but now we can get back to the task of securing at least a play-off spot.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 25 with 2307 viewsSwissdale

Match Thread on 17:42 - Jan 25 by Daleaholic

In my opinion, Keith Hill didn't get anything wrong today. He's being mindful of the league campaign. Have to remember we had 2 key players missing today. 2-1 against championship opposition is not embarrassing at all. Well done to the lads, shame we couldn't get an equaliser!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of concentration being on the league, I can't fathom hilly planning that.

Can you please tell me any positive contribution Camps, Donnelly or cummins made to the game? Just one
Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 25 with 2289 viewsboromat

Very even game. The sending off hindered us as it forced them to be ultra defensive. Needed something special in the end for an equaliser but it just didn't happen.

Great effort from the lads! Again some tired legs at the end similar to Tuesday. JK, Camps, Bunney and the other lads that haven't played too much will be needed during the remaining games!

Looking forward to it! Up the dale!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 25 with 2248 views49thseason

Why so negative? We had a good go at them and came up short, no shame in that, we have played 2 Championship clubs and won 3-2 on aggregate! Today we played without 2 very influential players and still gave Wednesday a real hard game, criticisms about the contributions of individual players is low rent and not required at this stage.

And, for what its worth I thought Camps did well for a young kid learning his trade, he has an eye for a pass and made himself available and was not over awed or prepared to be bullied, the prospect of a Lund, Camps, Allen midfield in a couple of years time is mouthwatering.
Match Thread on 18:38 - Jan 25 with 2218 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 25 by 49thseason

Why so negative? We had a good go at them and came up short, no shame in that, we have played 2 Championship clubs and won 3-2 on aggregate! Today we played without 2 very influential players and still gave Wednesday a real hard game, criticisms about the contributions of individual players is low rent and not required at this stage.

And, for what its worth I thought Camps did well for a young kid learning his trade, he has an eye for a pass and made himself available and was not over awed or prepared to be bullied, the prospect of a Lund, Camps, Allen midfield in a couple of years time is mouthwatering.

Agree 100%.

Dale heads can be held very high after a creditable performance against a clearly superior opposition who will be glad to have got through the afternoon.

As you say, the future is looking rosy and the younger players on show today can be proud of their efforts and should be looking forward to more of the same.

I know I am !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread on 18:47 - Jan 25 with 2146 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 18:26 - Jan 25 by Swissdale

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of concentration being on the league, I can't fathom hilly planning that.

Can you please tell me any positive contribution Camps, Donnelly or cummins made to the game? Just one

We've made our mark in the cup - a competition we're obviously not in the running to win.

Fleetwood's result at Burton today puts us down to fourth. With a minimum of 19 games left, every single member of the squad is going to have to perform at (or near) maximum to achieve what we want from the season.

That was the rationale behind today's selection. It gave us a chance to win the game, and with a bit more luck in the first half (Hogan just failing to beat the offside trap on several occasions / Done's chance) we might well have done so.

I guess if someone's travelled some distance to see the game as a one off, it'd be viewed from a different perspective.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 18:49 - Jan 25 with 2130 viewsToffeemanc

Great effort today from the lads that started the game, gave them a game and made them look pretty ordinary I thought. Don't think the subs had any effect on the game at all unfortunately.

Ref was very inconsistent and pretty poor, but nowhere near as bad as the Lino on the main stand side, utterly useless. Sure he gave hogan offside once in the first half when his run started in his own half.
By the way anyone think Wednesdays first goal was handball? Certainly looked like it to me, will be interesting to see the goal on TV tonight.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match Thread on 18:52 - Jan 25 with 2105 viewsSwissdale

In no way am I saying that the lads on the pitch today did us any dis-service. I just think we missed an opportunity of getting something when they went down to ten men.
Match Thread on 18:57 - Jan 25 with 2065 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread on 18:47 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

We've made our mark in the cup - a competition we're obviously not in the running to win.

Fleetwood's result at Burton today puts us down to fourth. With a minimum of 19 games left, every single member of the squad is going to have to perform at (or near) maximum to achieve what we want from the season.

That was the rationale behind today's selection. It gave us a chance to win the game, and with a bit more luck in the first half (Hogan just failing to beat the offside trap on several occasions / Done's chance) we might well have done so.

I guess if someone's travelled some distance to see the game as a one off, it'd be viewed from a different perspective.

Agree.

Importantly, with Newport's loss today, we have a nine-point lead over eighth place.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 25 with 2055 views1907

The only negative for me today was Donnelly. I'm through with defending the lad. His attitude stinks. Last season he used to run himself ragged, now he looks fat, lazy and totally disinterested. The ref hadn't finished blowing his whistle and he was off down the tunnel.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024