Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. 19:36 - Jan 25 with 6581 viewsRAFC1907

Firstly what a great atmosphere from us Rochdale fans today, even when we went 2 down the atmosphere was still there which made the day an enoyable one although we haven't progressed to round 5.

I thought we matched them for long periods with nice one-two touch football.

The linesman in the main stand was shocking, everytime Hogan ran onto a through ball up went the flag.

Had one of them flags stayed down, not guarenteed a goal but im sure Scotty would of slotted the ball into the net.

Little decisions like the above have cost us today I believe, would really like to watch over those decisions again and see just exactly how the linesman has come to make his mind up.

Done had a great chance as did one of theirs before the break.

Im sure had we gone one up they would of found it very difficult to get back into the game, albeit set pieces seem to be their strong point, but both of their goals could not of come at a better timing for them.

Anyway what a strike from Rose, worthy of goal of the round surely?

Obviously gutted were out of the cup but pleased we can now focus on the main aim, a promotion.

I think today would of been one of those games for Tutte as he commits people and makes things happen, but hey he's packed his bags so lets nip that in the bud.

Personally I think we have a quality team/squad that can get promoted and hold our own in the league above, but if we were to get into the championship do you think this team could compete?

Obviously that could be a long time off, players will come and go, but with a good home crowd like in the last two games against championship opposition anything is possible, especially with Sir Hill incharge.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 19:38]

Poll: Bottomley...

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:39 - Jan 25 with 4440 views442Dale

Which of Hogan's offsides looked wrong? Thought he got the timing of his runs wrong far too often.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:39 - Jan 25 with 4439 viewsSalwaDale

Agree about Tutte making things happen but for every positive with Tutte there are at least two negatives.

TBBT

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:41 - Jan 25 with 4412 viewsSuddenLad

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:39 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Which of Hogan's offsides looked wrong? Thought he got the timing of his runs wrong far too often.

From the main stand, I thought the liner was correct every time except one and that was marginal. Hogan looked a bit dejected but Wednesday had the measure of him and it will be a learning curve for him today. His timing was wrong. He'll get over it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:45 - Jan 25 with 4369 viewsRAFC1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:41 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

From the main stand, I thought the liner was correct every time except one and that was marginal. Hogan looked a bit dejected but Wednesday had the measure of him and it will be a learning curve for him today. His timing was wrong. He'll get over it.

It's not like Hogan to miss time his runs, looked like the ball was already in motion and when he raced onto it from behind or level with the defender the flag went up.

I may be wrong, judging from the reaction from some of the main stand and Rochdale bench that may have persuaded me abit to believe he was'nt off.

Also every forward does mistime his runs on occasions dont get me wrong, just seemed alot more today.

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:54 - Jan 25 with 4295 viewsSandyman

Hmm. Thought they'd changed their name to Sheffield Fourteen in the first half - some absolutely bewilderingly one-sided decisions by the ref in the first half, backed up by his equally diluted (or in cahoots) linesmen. Spoke to a lot of people after the game from all sides of the ground and they all seem to think the same.

Those in the Pearl Street seem convinced Sheff 14's second goal was a clear handball.

We didn't take advantage 2nd half (after the officials calmed down a bit) because our subs left us without the width that would have stretched 14's defence and allowed us to get through. C'est la vie. We gave a good account of ourselves against an officials-assisted Championship side with a couple of very talented players. But little else.

We'll sort that out with them in League 1 next year
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:05 - Jan 25 with 4235 viewsDaley_Lama

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:54 - Jan 25 by Sandyman

Hmm. Thought they'd changed their name to Sheffield Fourteen in the first half - some absolutely bewilderingly one-sided decisions by the ref in the first half, backed up by his equally diluted (or in cahoots) linesmen. Spoke to a lot of people after the game from all sides of the ground and they all seem to think the same.

Those in the Pearl Street seem convinced Sheff 14's second goal was a clear handball.

We didn't take advantage 2nd half (after the officials calmed down a bit) because our subs left us without the width that would have stretched 14's defence and allowed us to get through. C'est la vie. We gave a good account of ourselves against an officials-assisted Championship side with a couple of very talented players. But little else.

Second one hand ball?

There were claims for handball for the first one near me.

Both looked fine to me though

Poll: DF in or out

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:09 - Jan 25 with 4197 viewsRAFC1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:54 - Jan 25 by Sandyman

Got agree here totally, had it been the other way not a chance that goal would of stood.

We need to get on the refs back more when they operate like today, people pay good money to watch their team and then the ref cocks things up.

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:21 - Jan 25 with 4139 viewsroccydaleian

Where i sit in the Moan Stand, their was two occasions called wrong and Hogan was onside, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.. Up the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:22 - Jan 25 with 4134 viewsowlio

Smacked off your tits if you think ref was one-sided. He was crap but not one-sided.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:48 - Jan 25 with 4009 viewsYouTubeDale

Very proud of Rochdale Football Club today.

I thought we were the better team, and I know they only had 10 men. We had to take our chances when they fell to us and we didn't. Vincenti should have buried his header in the first half. Done should have scored after their mistake in the box. They did have a good chance before that when the ball fell lucky to their man in the box but he lost his footing at the crucial moment.
Yes, Hogan should learn to time his runs better and this kind of thing is the difference between winning and losing.
They will be drooling over Rose's goal in the studio tonight. He isn't Scottish,is he?

I thought we rushed it towards the end of the game. O'Connell's pass to Rose which went foward and out of play instead of to his feet at the side of the pitch was one example. But the quality from Donnelly was poor. He had a very weak header to their goalie, and a very tame shot. Wasted opportunities when every opportunity is precious. I did overhear someone on the way out that Donnelly went straight down the tunnel at the end without acknowledging the crowd. If true, I hope he did it because he was upset, and I hope we can't read negativity into it.

If only we could defend corners better...

Anyway, a good Cup run and I am sad Hilly didn't get to match up with Mourinho.

Again, One Proud Dale fan.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 20:51]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:10 - Jan 25 with 3854 viewsGhanaDale

Hogan got caught offside 7 (seven) times in the first 35 minutes.
Perhaps Weds held a good back line, perhaps Hogan was a little too hasty making his runs, but it's gone now.
Blaming the ref ain't gonna change the scoreline.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:18 - Jan 25 with 3801 viewsrobbowood

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:10 - Jan 25 by GhanaDale

Hogan got caught offside 7 (seven) times in the first 35 minutes.
Perhaps Weds held a good back line, perhaps Hogan was a little too hasty making his runs, but it's gone now.
Blaming the ref ain't gonna change the scoreline.

The linesman wasn't a cheat. He made his decision on what he saw (right or wrong)

The reason we lost was because we weren't quite good enough to beat a very good team two leagues above us - who were well organised, especially in defense, skillful and quick

You make your own luck in this game (as we saw at Chesterfield in midweek!!!)
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:23 - Jan 25 with 3755 viewsdingdangblue

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:39 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

The only one I would doubt was the one where the defender slid to get the ball and missed - Hogan seemed to run beyond him as he missed the ball ? The ball had already travelled a fair distance so wondered about Hogans position when the ball was played. At the end of the day these marginal decisions make a huge difference. Sheff Weds scored off 2 corners and against Leeds we cleared 2 off the line. That linesman today maybe would've flagged Hogan and Cummins offside for the 2 Leeds goals? We matched Sheff Weds today though - especially in the 1st half - we are a good team. Proud fan.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:34 - Jan 25 with 3702 viewsBingoballs

To call the linesman a cheat is laughable.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:42 - Jan 25 with 3666 viewsD_Alien

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:09 - Jan 25 by RAFC1907

Got agree here totally, had it been the other way not a chance that goal would of stood.

We need to get on the refs back more when they operate like today, people pay good money to watch their team and then the ref cocks things up.

Get on the refs back more?

And how is that supposed to help?

"You don't know what you're doing"
"Ref, you're a w@nker"
"You're a fookin cheat ref"

That's REALLY gonna make him think "Yep, they're right, I'll give the Dale a few more marginal decisions"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:47 - Jan 25 with 3636 viewsRAFC1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:34 - Jan 25 by Bingoballs

To call the linesman a cheat is laughable.

The linesman is a professional official.

We all can make a human error granted, however it is common knowledge that officials favour the big teams, this is cheating whether you like it or not as the other team gains an advantage through this.

Like someone else has stated had the liner been in charge for the Leeds match Hogan and Cummins would of been offside.

To accept the decisions is laughable, when you can see it is wrong.

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:50 - Jan 25 with 3619 viewsD_Alien

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:47 - Jan 25 by RAFC1907

We all can make a human error granted, however it is common knowledge that officials favour the big teams, this is cheating whether you like it or not as the other team gains an advantage through this.

Like someone else has stated had the liner been in charge for the Leeds match Hogan and Cummins would of been offside.

And what do you propose we should do to NOT accept them?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:53 - Jan 25 with 3597 viewsRobDale

I haven't been to a Dale game for a few years. Work, moving to Liverpool and then Spain saw to that. The last time I saw us we were in League 1. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on today's performance.

First of all, I thought we looked just as good as Wednesday at times, if not better. A neutral would've found it hard to say which team was League 2 and which was Championship. Our players now have more technical ability than when we were playing in League 1. I think that's a sign of how far we/teams in general have progressed over the past few years with improved training etc. We passed the ball really well at times, and Wednesday were guilty of hoofball more than we were. Our players are also a lot faster than Dale teams of old, both on and off the ball.

Both of their goals were scruffy, and sitting where I did in the Pearl Street stand it looked like a definite handball when the ball came over from the corner. The lino might have been unsighted, though. I hope he was. Speaking of the lino, it did seem like he was flagging for everything but that was probably the result of Hogan coming up against a better line of defence than he's used to. A good learning opportunity for him, I think.

I thought we didn't do a great deal before they scored. We did have a couple of chances though, and when you're playing a team from a higher league you won't get many so you need to take them when you can, which we didn't. Overall a draw would've been a fair result but luck wasn't on our side today. I think we have a lot to be proud of though, and hopefully we can keep on performing in the league as we have been doing.

I do know one thing for certain - after seeing how we played today I'm going to make sure I come back more often. This team and the manager deserve it. Up the Dale!
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:21 - Jan 25 with 3506 viewsrobbowood

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:47 - Jan 25 by RAFC1907

You say "had the liner been in charge for the Leeds match Hogan and Cummins would have been offside".

But yet they weren't given offside - which seems to go against the statement that "officials favour the big teams" (unless Dale are a bigger team then Leeds)

Cheating by officials is quite different from officials seeming to favour the 'big teams'

When the Dale next get a 'decision' in our favour and which we can all see is completely wrong, presumably you aren't going to accept it
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:30 - Jan 25 with 3455 viewsfrenzied

Hogan offside every time

Sheff Weds well organised at the back playing a high line.

Very tricky for Hogan to time his runs and have any clue as to where the ball would end up due to the awful weather conditions and the pitch in some areas.

Dale were excellent ,worked really hard ,gave a display well above a league 2 outfit,lets hope we can keep Hogan till the end of the season
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:40 - Jan 25 with 3409 viewsMattbdale

from my position on the main stand side of Pearl Street stand at least 2 of Hogans runs looked onside.

Roses goal was outstanding and Matty Lund and Jaime Allen were fantastic in the 1st half

The fact that the wendies only looked dangerous from set piece shows how well we controlled the game at times.

One final thing the atmosphere was fantastic today we really got behind the team let hope we can keep this form going now in the league and secure that Top 3 finish we desire

Up the Dale!!!

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:45 - Jan 25 with 3386 views442Dale

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:40 - Jan 25 by Mattbdale

from my position on the main stand side of Pearl Street stand at least 2 of Hogans runs looked onside.

Roses goal was outstanding and Matty Lund and Jaime Allen were fantastic in the 1st half

The fact that the wendies only looked dangerous from set piece shows how well we controlled the game at times.

One final thing the atmosphere was fantastic today we really got behind the team let hope we can keep this form going now in the league and secure that Top 3 finish we desire

Up the Dale!!!

But from behind the goal it's very hard to get depth-perspective on the game. Even in the main stand you can't ever be sure unless directly in line. The way he stop-started his runs rather than bending them indicated how unsure he was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:55 - Jan 25 with 3354 viewsMattbdale

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:45 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

But from behind the goal it's very hard to get depth-perspective on the game. Even in the main stand you can't ever be sure unless directly in line. The way he stop-started his runs rather than bending them indicated how unsure he was.

could see Hogan getting frustrated with the constant offsides

I will give the linesman his due though the wendies left back Mattock was dumped in the mud by Hendo i think in the 1st half and the liner took the piss out of him big time very funny.

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:56 - Jan 25 with 3346 viewsroccydaleian

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:45 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Aye, but where i sit in the main stand i'm directly in line, and i'm sure the lino got it wrong twice. Not moaning 'cause sometimes that's how it goes.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 23:30 - Jan 25 with 3278 viewss36owl

We have a player sent off and a huge claim for a penalty waved away.

Funny how opposing fans see a game differently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024