Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins 16:16 - Feb 16 with 10134 viewsmacman

Well, let's see so far:

With half a squad ML managed to keep us in 12th spot in the PL, last 16 in the FA and last 32 in the EL.

With more or less a full squad GM has managed 4 points against two very weak teams and now out of the FA, bravo. Next we can ambitious ourselves out of the EL with a full team selection, because I hope noone really believes GM is tactically up to play against a team like Napoli.

And when Britton is 47 and still playing the Swansea way, where do you think Swanesea will be playing?

ps. Just to spare Darran his favourite 100% likely to come comment: "F*ck off"

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/103603/ok-a-due-apology-
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 19:56]
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:17 - Feb 16 with 6657 viewsyogibear_412

What a rubbish post....Jog on
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:17 - Feb 16 with 6657 viewsunion_jack

I wholeheartedly echo Darren's riposte.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:18 - Feb 16 with 6630 viewsraynor94

Fair play you do try, perhaps try changing your bait

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:19 - Feb 16 with 6627 viewscrackerjack

And macman wins the "T wat of the week" award

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:19 - Feb 16 with 6605 viewsJackSomething

Whereas the way we were playing under Laudrup at the end, we'd probably have 1 point not 4 and still be out of the Cup. So what's your point?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:20 - Feb 16 with 6600 viewsDarran

Laudrup lovers of the world unite.
F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:22 - Feb 16 with 6577 viewsmagicdaps10

crap post mate.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:25 - Feb 16 with 6544 viewsmacman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:22 - Feb 16 by magicdaps10

crap post mate.

Hope you are right, I fear not.
Login to get fewer ads

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:28 - Feb 16 with 6500 viewsDavillin

Not the best summary. You make too many assumptions and ignore too many facts.

If we had continued along the trajectory ML had set for us in the Premier League so far, we'd be in the relegation zone. Monk "kept us in 12th spot." Do the math.

Last 16 in the FA is a most slippery place to be. One loss and your in Zero place. Who's to say Laudrup would have won today? Or even that he would have used a noticeably different lineup?

Last 32 in Europa League? Same comments as FA Cup, above, except for your "comparing" Monk's possible tactical success against Laudrup's, which is pure conjecture. I wish the team the very best of luck on Thursday and will be watching and pulling for an upset win to the Swans.

Your comment on Britton at 47 is beyond me. There is no way to say where Swansea will be playing even next season, which will be one of two leagues; and the year after that when it will be one of three; etc. No perceivable value in that comment.

Are you letting your bias about Monk and Jenkins cloud your judgment? Genuine and respectful question.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:28 - Feb 16 with 6497 viewsmacman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:20 - Feb 16 by Darran

Laudrup lovers of the world unite.
F*ck him.

Happy I can count on you. What a boring world it would be without your also sharp and to the bone analysis.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:28 - Feb 16 with 6492 viewspremierjack

Shit post!

Clueless poster!!

Fukc off!!
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:30 - Feb 16 with 6473 viewsmonmouth

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:25 - Feb 16 by macman

Dry your eyes mate

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:32 - Feb 16 with 6447 viewsepaul

Wow what have you been taking, can I have some to liven up my humdrum sunday afternoon

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:35 - Feb 16 with 6429 viewsJackSomething

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:25 - Feb 16 by macman

Just an additional reply to your initial post.

We don't know if Monk's 'tactical acumen' will be good enough to beat Napoli. But seeing as all Laudrup's 'tactical acumen' meant f*ck all against the likes of St Gallen and Kuban, I'm not too worried.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:36 - Feb 16 with 6423 views2face

Monk's job this season is to keep us in the PL and nothing else. All other priorities went out the window, the moment we were 2 points away from relegation.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:37 - Feb 16 with 6407 viewsDr_Winston

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:36 - Feb 16 by 2face

Monk's job this season is to keep us in the PL and nothing else. All other priorities went out the window, the moment we were 2 points away from relegation.

Spot on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:43 - Feb 16 with 6366 viewsmacman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:28 - Feb 16 by Davillin

Not the best summary. You make too many assumptions and ignore too many facts.

If we had continued along the trajectory ML had set for us in the Premier League so far, we'd be in the relegation zone. Monk "kept us in 12th spot." Do the math.

Last 16 in the FA is a most slippery place to be. One loss and your in Zero place. Who's to say Laudrup would have won today? Or even that he would have used a noticeably different lineup?

Last 32 in Europa League? Same comments as FA Cup, above, except for your "comparing" Monk's possible tactical success against Laudrup's, which is pure conjecture. I wish the team the very best of luck on Thursday and will be watching and pulling for an upset win to the Swans.

Your comment on Britton at 47 is beyond me. There is no way to say where Swansea will be playing even next season, which will be one of two leagues; and the year after that when it will be one of three; etc. No perceivable value in that comment.

Are you letting your bias about Monk and Jenkins cloud your judgment? Genuine and respectful question.

Thank you for your question:-)

I dont think I have more assumptions than otherwise applied by everybody including the board, so I think the score is tied on assumptions.

It is very true that we could have gone out today with ML at the steering wheel, of course it is the FA cup, but I dont think I have seen a more let's roll over team than the one put out there today. It's humiliating to the players and it is disrespectful to the FA cup.

The point about Britton is that you cannot count on having players like him in the club always. The point is that to play with the big boys, you have to attract players like Bony, Michu and Hernandez to name a few. I did not want to criticize Britton at all - he is a super player, but like Gerrard in Liverpool they are a dying breed in the PL and you cannot base your future on the type of club player.

I think I am bias against the ambition that is being displayed, because it was not necessary. Except darlin Brendan, I have not seen one professional comment saying it was a good and logical decision at this time - and todays sacrifice just made me even more annoyed with this strategy.

I have seen many comments in here about ML's way of playing down the chances against big teams. And hail Mary for GM and Jenkins, but you beat them with your feet and not your mouth.

ML's results against big teams were OK I think. And he would never have rolled over like this - where is the pride in that?
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:45 - Feb 16 with 6351 viewsDarran

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:43 - Feb 16 by macman

Thank you for your question:-)

I dont think I have more assumptions than otherwise applied by everybody including the board, so I think the score is tied on assumptions.

It is very true that we could have gone out today with ML at the steering wheel, of course it is the FA cup, but I dont think I have seen a more let's roll over team than the one put out there today. It's humiliating to the players and it is disrespectful to the FA cup.

The point about Britton is that you cannot count on having players like him in the club always. The point is that to play with the big boys, you have to attract players like Bony, Michu and Hernandez to name a few. I did not want to criticize Britton at all - he is a super player, but like Gerrard in Liverpool they are a dying breed in the PL and you cannot base your future on the type of club player.

I think I am bias against the ambition that is being displayed, because it was not necessary. Except darlin Brendan, I have not seen one professional comment saying it was a good and logical decision at this time - and todays sacrifice just made me even more annoyed with this strategy.

I have seen many comments in here about ML's way of playing down the chances against big teams. And hail Mary for GM and Jenkins, but you beat them with your feet and not your mouth.

ML's results against big teams were OK I think. And he would never have rolled over like this - where is the pride in that?

Are you Danish?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:46 - Feb 16 with 6333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:45 - Feb 16 by Darran

Are you Danish?

No, he's a doughnut

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:46 - Feb 16 with 6334 viewsmacman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:35 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Just an additional reply to your initial post.

We don't know if Monk's 'tactical acumen' will be good enough to beat Napoli. But seeing as all Laudrup's 'tactical acumen' meant f*ck all against the likes of St Gallen and Kuban, I'm not too worried.

Enormous individual errors, if you remeber correctly. Show me a manager who can fix that.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:50 - Feb 16 with 6293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:46 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

No, he's a doughnut

Only joking MM. It just reminded me of a Chevy Chase line in Caddyshack

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:50 - Feb 16 with 6282 viewsfergusferret

Against Everton in the 2012/13 season results with a striker who was on fire and our " first Team" players were 3-0 loss at home 0-0 Draw away this season wehave already lost 2-1

So loosing 3-1 with a fairly credible "B Team" is probably not a bad result

I would rather be competeting for the FA cup being in the Premier League next year and another large payout.

Well done Garry
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:52 - Feb 16 with 6259 viewsJackSomething

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:46 - Feb 16 by macman

Enormous individual errors, if you remeber correctly. Show me a manager who can fix that.

I remember 4 absolutely shocking team performances very clearly.

We can argue forever and a day whether we should have sacked Laudrup and replaced him with Monk, but surely no-one can argue that he was no longer able to motivate the players.

Look at the difference in Hernandez in the last 3 games. He's playing like the shackles are off.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:58 - Feb 16 with 6209 viewsSwanfan1

some people have nothing better to do..

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:03 - Feb 16 with 6191 viewsymaohyd

Not quite sure why I'm even bothering to reply but hey ho. I assume you're a seething, jilted fan from Denmark. If so I understand your annoyance. If no,t you're a scum fan on a wind up, failing that and you are a Swans fan then you're probably special need.

ML over a calendar year, in the league had pretty poor stats. There is no denying that we were in the latter stages of the cups, however we have just been beaten by a side who we have never beaten and are lying 5/6 in the league. Can't be asked to check where they are.

My interest in the cup went as soon as we drew Everton away. To be drawn away against Man U, then Birmingham was pretty harsh, We put ourselves in a superb position, that draw though was a killer.

If ML had managed to get us more points in the bag then we might have had the luxury of fielding a strong side. As it is though we are in the middle of a relegation dog fight, partly, not wholly due to ML.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024