Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is wrong with some people? 11:27 - Feb 20 with 6084 viewsD_Alien

Do we really want a sychophantic forum where no views can be expressed other than happy clappy ones, come win, lose or draw? How incredibly boring that would be. In fact, it'd be dead within weeks if that's all that was posted.

Isn't the whole f**king point that people can post what they like (within the law), have those views dissected and rubbished or agreed with? Why is the former boring but not the latter?

The fact we're pushing for at least a play off place is wonderful under a great manager, but brings its own tensions. If some of you can't stomach a critique of certain aspects of a performance, you really shouldn't be visiting this forum, because that's the very lifeblood of the place.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:14 - Feb 21 with 1118 viewsfitzochris

Very true. The stuff they put online is never unique. Unique content should be the primary objective of any local news organisation in competition against regional and national outlets.

The problem is, the local and regional outlets here have a common interest... and Dale aint as interesting as United and City as far as they're concerned.

It really is a shame.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:21 - Feb 21 with 1102 viewsColDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:14 - Feb 21 by fitzochris

Very true. The stuff they put online is never unique. Unique content should be the primary objective of any local news organisation in competition against regional and national outlets.

The problem is, the local and regional outlets here have a common interest... and Dale aint as interesting as United and City as far as they're concerned.

It really is a shame.

I'd have to argue that the print media has never had as little impact as it has now. These days, I'd say its all about Social Media and SSN, and our social media side of things is light years ahead of where it was a couple of years ago, and it is to the club's credit that it has improved like it has. The Ob looks a dinosaur in comparison.

But maybe it's time to take it to the next level. Would love the club to do some sort of experiment, where for successive home games they target a different format of media with a money off voucher. One week the Ob, the next FB, the next email and finally Twitter. The voucher would require name and address adding and could be compared with the database to see which has brought in most new supporters.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:23 - Feb 21 with 1101 viewsfitzochris

Completely agree. Print media is all but done - especially at a local rag level.

It would indeed be interesting to see the results if the club carried out the promotional exercise you suggest.

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:47 - Feb 21 with 1075 viewsTVOS1907

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:08 - Feb 21 by ColDale

I don't think the Ob even interview the manager any more. Can't remember the last time I read anything from them that hadn't been put on Daleplayer several days earlier.

I think this is spot on. They have access to Dale Player and lift stuff from there.

'Cut and Paste' has become 'Listen and Paste'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 1069 viewsYouTubeDale

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, suppress yourselves.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:09 - Feb 21 with 1033 viewsD_Alien

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:07 - Feb 21 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm a nasty man aren't I. Gulag for you softie.

Nowhere near as nasty as that nasty Mr Hill who keeps criticising me personally and makes me really frustrated so I need to explode all over the messageboard

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 1002 viewsmacro

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:43 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

Does it surprise you?

Remember the way they continued to treat fans like idiots towards the end of Eyre's reign?

You're not suggesting that they were pro Eyre...
Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:29 - Feb 21 with 1001 viewsDySporting

Richard Partington attends the home games and the odd away game - the reason his interviews sound the same as the o/s is the fact they are - he records the interview from KH or CB on his phone and then adapts as necessary that's no different to any of the other papers who attend. The interview is led by mrfrinight and listened in on by many
Login to get fewer ads

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:40 - Feb 21 with 984 viewsSuddenLad

Bring back Les 'Scoop' Barlow, that doyen of th'Observer reporters and travelling companion of many a Dale fan down the years.

We used to sponsor games as 'The Les Barlow Appreciation Society'. Legend.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just what is wrong with some people? on 08:58 - Feb 22 with 914 viewsfitzochris

Just what is wrong with some people? on 18:29 - Feb 21 by DySporting

Richard Partington attends the home games and the odd away game - the reason his interviews sound the same as the o/s is the fact they are - he records the interview from KH or CB on his phone and then adapts as necessary that's no different to any of the other papers who attend. The interview is led by mrfrinight and listened in on by many

But that is the same at every professional football game in the UK. The local reporter should always take the manager aside after the post-match interview and get the additional stuff that the nationals aren't interested in. They should be looking to get hold of a player or two as well, to create additional unique content.

The local reporter should have that kind of relationship with the club and its staff.

From what I can see, it doesn't exist.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 14:00]

Just what is wrong with some people? on 09:40 - Feb 22 with 887 viewsmacro

Just what is wrong with some people? on 08:58 - Feb 22 by fitzochris

But that is the same at every professional football game in the UK. The local reporter should always take the manager aside after the post-match interview and get the additional stuff that the nationals aren't interested in. They should be looking to get hold of a player or two as well, to create additional unique content.

The local reporter should have that kind of relationship with the club and its staff.

There is a chance considering kh often sends cb out that kh won't do any extra interviews so the ob don't get a chance
Just what is wrong with some people? on 09:44 - Feb 22 with 879 viewsoff2div1

Just what is wrong with some people? on 08:58 - Feb 22 by fitzochris

You should offer to do some freelance work for the OB
Just what is wrong with some people? on 10:24 - Feb 22 with 860 viewsCamdenDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:21 - Feb 21 by ColDale

I'd have to argue that the print media has never had as little impact as it has now. These days, I'd say its all about Social Media and SSN, and our social media side of things is light years ahead of where it was a couple of years ago, and it is to the club's credit that it has improved like it has. The Ob looks a dinosaur in comparison.

But maybe it's time to take it to the next level. Would love the club to do some sort of experiment, where for successive home games they target a different format of media with a money off voucher. One week the Ob, the next FB, the next email and finally Twitter. The voucher would require name and address adding and could be compared with the database to see which has brought in most new supporters.

Simply fantastic idea Col- now what to do with it?

On the Social Media side the club are pretty good - now to link that with marketing tickets..
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024