Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is wrong with some people? 11:27 - Feb 20 with 6207 viewsD_Alien

Do we really want a sychophantic forum where no views can be expressed other than happy clappy ones, come win, lose or draw? How incredibly boring that would be. In fact, it'd be dead within weeks if that's all that was posted.

Isn't the whole f**king point that people can post what they like (within the law), have those views dissected and rubbished or agreed with? Why is the former boring but not the latter?

The fact we're pushing for at least a play off place is wonderful under a great manager, but brings its own tensions. If some of you can't stomach a critique of certain aspects of a performance, you really shouldn't be visiting this forum, because that's the very lifeblood of the place.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 23:51 - Feb 20 with 1162 viewsD_Alien

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 22:30 - Feb 20 by BigDaveMyCock

No, I don't think criticising Hill is taboo. I also don't think anything Keith Hill says re supporters is really going to make them come or stop coming. The best thing Hill can do to try and ensure people come to Spotland is to deliver a good team - he has done this season after season.
Only just over twelve months ago we were told that Coleman was stopping people from coming (probably right). Now you're saying it's Hill!!
Seriously TS, are you honestly suggesting that Keith Hill is having a detrimental affect on attendances?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 22:35]

It's possible.

There may be some folk who'd be thinking of turning up now we're coming into the sharp end of the season well-placed, who - listening to Hilly's comments on Sky or wherever could well be put off. The point is, it's all completely unnecessary. I'm one of the last to leave the TDS when the players come over to applaud the fans at the end because whatever the result I know they'll have put a shift in under KH and they deserve their applause of us to be reciprocated for as long as it takes.

A great deal of the post match applause will be with KH in mind. Two minutes later, he's having a go at "the fans" in front of a camera. Why? Is that what's dominating his head at the end of a game? If not, why make out it is?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 00:58 - Feb 21 with 1115 viewspioneer

No, I don't think criticising Hill is taboo. I also don't think anything Keith Hill says re supporters is really going to make them come or stop coming. The best thing Hill can do to try and ensure people come to Spotland is to deliver a good team - he has done this season after season.
Only just over twelve months ago we were told that Coleman was stopping people from coming (probably right). Now you're saying it's Hill!!
Seriously TS, are you honestly suggesting that Keith Hill is having a detrimental affect on attendances?

For those of us who have been there since the 1960s (or before), for the manager to suggest the fans are helping the opposition is ridiculous. The fans have been helping Rochdale FC in no end of different ways since before Keith Hill knew where Rochdale is. They continued to help Rochdale FC after he fled to the dark side of the peninnes, and will still be here, helping Rochdale FC when he is off somewhere else.

What he did - leaving the club, latish in the close season, helped the opposition (all 23 other teams in the division) by leaving us in disarray.

Our fans, all 1900 of them are precious, salt of the earth and the board and staff should be on there bended knees thanking them for continually showing up.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 01:46 - Feb 21 with 1099 viewsdingdangblue

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 00:58 - Feb 21 by pioneer

For those of us who have been there since the 1960s (or before), for the manager to suggest the fans are helping the opposition is ridiculous. The fans have been helping Rochdale FC in no end of different ways since before Keith Hill knew where Rochdale is. They continued to help Rochdale FC after he fled to the dark side of the peninnes, and will still be here, helping Rochdale FC when he is off somewhere else.

What he did - leaving the club, latish in the close season, helped the opposition (all 23 other teams in the division) by leaving us in disarray.

Our fans, all 1900 of them are precious, salt of the earth and the board and staff should be on there bended knees thanking them for continually showing up.

He left us at the end of May/beginning of June? He owed us nothing having given us the best 5 years of our supporting lives. He went to a bigger club and probably trebled his wages. I'm just glad he's back and doing the business. When he leaves again I wish him luck.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 05:58 - Feb 21 with 1076 viewsTalkingSutty

If u read my posts there is no mention of Hill stopping people from coming to the club but his comments dont help. My gripe is how he has a bad habit of keep insulting the fans in general with his outrageous claims like we help the opposition,we need educating etc.

If you want to be talked down to and belittled in the media whilst paying for the privilege then let him carry on doing it to you. I find it insulting and dont mind saying so, as a result he goes down in my estimation.

I often wonder how Hilly behaves when he goes supporting the reds, i expect he just sits there and never criticises a players performance or questions Moyes tactics, a bit like a clone.

Anyway like the OP suggested the forum isnt a love in and although i respect Hilly for his ability to produce a good football team i dont fawn all over him like others. The key word is "respect" and i dont think Hilly has any respect for the fans.He isnt alone fans are taken for granted at most clubs.

The support on Tuesday night was good but to the neutral observer listening to Hillys comments they would think Hilly was at his wits end, the type of thing that can attract managerless clubs to start sniffing around. Its like causing a problem when there isnt one.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 06:40 - Feb 21 with 1064 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 05:58 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

If u read my posts there is no mention of Hill stopping people from coming to the club but his comments dont help. My gripe is how he has a bad habit of keep insulting the fans in general with his outrageous claims like we help the opposition,we need educating etc.

If you want to be talked down to and belittled in the media whilst paying for the privilege then let him carry on doing it to you. I find it insulting and dont mind saying so, as a result he goes down in my estimation.

I often wonder how Hilly behaves when he goes supporting the reds, i expect he just sits there and never criticises a players performance or questions Moyes tactics, a bit like a clone.

Anyway like the OP suggested the forum isnt a love in and although i respect Hilly for his ability to produce a good football team i dont fawn all over him like others. The key word is "respect" and i dont think Hilly has any respect for the fans.He isnt alone fans are taken for granted at most clubs.

The support on Tuesday night was good but to the neutral observer listening to Hillys comments they would think Hilly was at his wits end, the type of thing that can attract managerless clubs to start sniffing around. Its like causing a problem when there isnt one.

For the love of god TS does he really offend you that much? Again, you're talking for me. I DON'T FEEL TALKED DOWN TO NOR DO I FEEL BELITTLED by him. Still, I'm not the delicate flower you seem to be. He's just a manager who is having a pop at certain, overly negative, sections of the crowd and, for me, they deserve it. Managers the world over do it.
I hope you don't mind me saying this TS but 'man-up' for god sake.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 6:41]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 06:46 - Feb 21 with 1056 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 00:58 - Feb 21 by pioneer

If Keith Hill isn't good enough for our precious fans then we really are fooked. Pop the lights off on your way out.

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 06:52 - Feb 21 with 1053 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 06:40 - Feb 21 by BigDaveMyCock

For the love of god TS does he really offend you that much? Again, you're talking for me. I DON'T FEEL TALKED DOWN TO NOR DO I FEEL BELITTLED by him. Still, I'm not the delicate flower you seem to be. He's just a manager who is having a pop at certain, overly negative, sections of the crowd and, for me, they deserve it. Managers the world over do it.
I hope you don't mind me saying this TS but 'man-up' for god sake.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 6:41]

Yes, i dont like the way he has a go at the fans, i dont think i am the only one.

It obviously grates you that i have a different opinion to you but thats how it is. Your opinions dont bother me at all and i will work on trying to man up whilst still probably disagreeing with you, is that ok ?
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 07:04 - Feb 21 with 1046 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 06:52 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Yes, i dont like the way he has a go at the fans, i dont think i am the only one.

It obviously grates you that i have a different opinion to you but thats how it is. Your opinions dont bother me at all and i will work on trying to man up whilst still probably disagreeing with you, is that ok ?

Nobody is stopping you from having an opinion. I'm just exercising my right to opine that you're being a right mard.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 7:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 07:13 - Feb 21 with 1039 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 07:04 - Feb 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Nobody is stopping you from having an opinion. I'm just exercising my right to opine that you're being a right mard.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 7:05]

Give me a kiss and shut up you big teddy, its a forum and we disagree, big deal.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 21 with 1005 viewsdingdangblue

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 05:58 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

The fans who are upsetting him, shouting negative comments behind him do need educating. They need to realise Hillys methods work - just look at his results in EVERY season he has managed us. They should think hard and remember life at the club without Hilly.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 08:44 - Feb 21 with 995 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

The fans who are upsetting him, shouting negative comments behind him do need educating. They need to realise Hillys methods work - just look at his results in EVERY season he has managed us. They should think hard and remember life at the club without Hilly.

Agree with that but they wont change. They arent even worth bothering about and every club has them.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 09:06 - Feb 21 with 984 viewsSuddenLad

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 08:19 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

You're right. These goons get on my tit5 as well and I'm not in charge of the team or responsible for the product on view. It must be a zillion times worse for the staff in the dug-out to listen to unjustified and unnecessary criticism. The comments are insulting and detrimental either to the staff in general, the team as a whole or to the players to whom they are directed. Hill has every right to defend what he sees as unwarranted sniping.

To the goons, I would say: Think 'Coleman' or 'Barrow' and then have another think. Now what there is to moan about ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 958 viewsdingdangblue

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 08:44 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that but they wont change. They arent even worth bothering about and every club has them.

Hilly won't change either - he's always gonna defend his methods and protect his players. Guess he can't have a slagging match with these fans during the game so his 1st opportunity is the post match interview.

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:01 - Feb 21 with 939 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Hilly won't change either - he's always gonna defend his methods and protect his players. Guess he can't have a slagging match with these fans during the game so his 1st opportunity is the post match interview.

Agree with that but to suggest those few people assisted Burton in their performance last Tuesday cant be right. The mental state of our manager and players cant be that brittle surely.
Its no more than a few people they should be ignored and treated with the contempt they deserve.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:01 - Feb 21 with 939 views442Dale

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

He's completely right to defend his players when it's necessary. He was also completely right to be annoyed by some of the comments the other night.

But that all said, he has to think whether mentioning it in a post- match interview is going to achieve anything. Those fans might need educating, but as has already been said, they can't be. It's futile and brings unnecessary attention on the club to bring it up. Especially after a game when it was pretty obvious that the fans were appreciative of gaining a good point, even those who were screaming "get it forward" minutes earlier.  

I can see Hill's point, it's completely valid. But I'd be interested to hear the theories behind bringing it up in interviews after games, with respect to (!) what he hopes to get as a result of doing so. 

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:05 - Feb 21 with 926 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:01 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

He's completely right to defend his players when it's necessary. He was also completely right to be annoyed by some of the comments the other night.

But that all said, he has to think whether mentioning it in a post- match interview is going to achieve anything. Those fans might need educating, but as has already been said, they can't be. It's futile and brings unnecessary attention on the club to bring it up. Especially after a game when it was pretty obvious that the fans were appreciative of gaining a good point, even those who were screaming "get it forward" minutes earlier.  

I can see Hill's point, it's completely valid. But I'd be interested to hear the theories behind bringing it up in interviews after games, with respect to (!) what he hopes to get as a result of doing so. 

If he stipulated the comments are aimed at the few idiots then that would help but when he says "the fans and crowd" then what are we to think??
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:09 - Feb 21 with 919 viewsColDale

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:01 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that but to suggest those few people assisted Burton in their performance last Tuesday cant be right. The mental state of our manager and players cant be that brittle surely.
Its no more than a few people they should be ignored and treated with the contempt they deserve.

One reason for doing so (and I don't think its one which applies here) is when fans get on the backs of players in the closing minutes of games , shouting at them to "gerrit forward". it has had an impact on the decision making process of players who stray from the game plan.

I did wonder whether he was talking about the frustration the crowd felt at Burton's tactics. Knowing they came to sit tight, try and sneak a goal then sit on it, maybe (and it is just a maybe) hearing the crowd howl in disapproval is something that reinforces Burton's game plan. Knowing they came to frustrate, the disapproval will be proof of a job well done.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:15 - Feb 21 with 912 viewsdingdangblue

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:05 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

If he stipulated the comments are aimed at the few idiots then that would help but when he says "the fans and crowd" then what are we to think??

He's just generalizing saying "the crowd" or "the fans". Dale fans there on Tuesday know there was very little negativity throughout the Stadium and most fans knew what a tough game we had on our hands. I suppose the only worry is when the quote gets more press than it deserves as has happened in the past. It'll all be forgotten come 3 o'clock Saturday.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 10:40]

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 902 views442Dale

That comes under what he hopes to happen from saying what he does. Instead of dressing it up with talk of "educating" people, why not do a PR friendly interview in the lead up to a game where fans are asked in the nicest possible way to avoid the shouts of "get it forward"? There could even be an explanation of how we play at certain stages of the game (it's no secret), and can be promoted as an attempt to get all fans on board. 

That could achieve much more than these interviews which a) don't change the people who need to change, and b) only serve to create debate and annoyance amongst the converted.

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:24 - Feb 21 with 899 viewsTVOS1907

I agree that "some of the fans" would be a better turn of phrase, but I doubt he'll ever say that.

Thing is, he's said it enough times now and given the proximity of his dugout to a certain area of the main stand, it's glaringly obvious which section of the fans he's talking about.

As 442 says, the rationale behind his thinking would be interesting, but I think a lot of us tend to take it with a pinch of salt these days, as it's old hat.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:24 - Feb 21 with 899 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:21 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

That comes under what he hopes to happen from saying what he does. Instead of dressing it up with talk of "educating" people, why not do a PR friendly interview in the lead up to a game where fans are asked in the nicest possible way to avoid the shouts of "get it forward"? There could even be an explanation of how we play at certain stages of the game (it's no secret), and can be promoted as an attempt to get all fans on board. 

That could achieve much more than these interviews which a) don't change the people who need to change, and b) only serve to create debate and annoyance amongst the converted.

How bloody boring would it be if eveything we said was censored. Its a football match at the end of the day.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:30 - Feb 21 with 883 viewsTVOS1907

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:24 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

How bloody boring would it be if eveything we said was censored. Its a football match at the end of the day.

He hasn't said everything should be censored!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 10:38]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 881 views442Dale

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:24 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

So very true and some of the comments are quite entertaining in reality. Maybe turning round and laughing at them might work. 

However, the attempts to out-do each other between two fans the other night did need censoring. It was like the worst X Factor auditions being played on a loop. 

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:43 - Feb 21 with 857 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:30 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

He hasn't said everything should be censored!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 10:38]

Dont you start, i heard you being derogatory towards Donnelly once.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:51 - Feb 21 with 843 views442Dale

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:43 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Dont you start, i heard you being derogatory towards Donnelly once.

Everyone is, but it's not the done thing to admit it.

Wish that Hill was more concerned with the lack of fans and the potential effect that and other things have on his budget.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024