Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is wrong with some people? 11:27 - Feb 20 with 6208 viewsD_Alien

Do we really want a sychophantic forum where no views can be expressed other than happy clappy ones, come win, lose or draw? How incredibly boring that would be. In fact, it'd be dead within weeks if that's all that was posted.

Isn't the whole f**king point that people can post what they like (within the law), have those views dissected and rubbished or agreed with? Why is the former boring but not the latter?

The fact we're pushing for at least a play off place is wonderful under a great manager, but brings its own tensions. If some of you can't stomach a critique of certain aspects of a performance, you really shouldn't be visiting this forum, because that's the very lifeblood of the place.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 14:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:52 - Feb 21 with 986 viewspl56

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:21 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

That comes under what he hopes to happen from saying what he does. Instead of dressing it up with talk of "educating" people, why not do a PR friendly interview in the lead up to a game where fans are asked in the nicest possible way to avoid the shouts of "get it forward"? There could even be an explanation of how we play at certain stages of the game (it's no secret), and can be promoted as an attempt to get all fans on board. 

That could achieve much more than these interviews which a) don't change the people who need to change, and b) only serve to create debate and annoyance amongst the converted.

Great post !

I often think how unfair it is to interview any manager within such a short period after full time , with adrenalin still pumping , having just de-briefed players on what went right/wrong etc , encourages spontaneous reactions perhaps not always thought through , or expressed as precisely as might be ideal . I think on that basis they should be granted some slack in a general sense .

442's idea therefore sounds a great alternative or complement to the post-match interview .
Just what is wrong with some people? on 10:55 - Feb 21 with 979 views49thseason

If the "fans" around the back of the dugout are a problem, can suggest a simple solution for next season?
Don't sell those seats to supporters and put all the staff, youth team etc. in those seats, this would create a decent distance between Hill and the nearest supporters and should help to make the comments Hilly objects to less audible. The beauty of this scheme is that it only upsets the people Hilly has taken a dislike to as they will need to find other seats and it's not as if there aren't plenty of alternative seats to choose from.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:59 - Feb 21 with 970 viewsTVOS1907

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:43 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

Dont you start, i heard you being derogatory towards Donnelly once.

Only once?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:00 - Feb 21 with 964 views442Dale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 10:55 - Feb 21 by 49thseason

If the "fans" around the back of the dugout are a problem, can suggest a simple solution for next season?
Don't sell those seats to supporters and put all the staff, youth team etc. in those seats, this would create a decent distance between Hill and the nearest supporters and should help to make the comments Hilly objects to less audible. The beauty of this scheme is that it only upsets the people Hilly has taken a dislike to as they will need to find other seats and it's not as if there aren't plenty of alternative seats to choose from.

They're dotted about though. Individual shouts come from various places, and the immediate thought is to look at the bench to see if it gets a reaction. Really, they aren't being abusive or even that critical at times, but you can tell the shouts would annoy the management. They annoy me, but I don't do interviews afterwards.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:07 - Feb 21 with 947 viewsdingdangblue

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:00 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

They're dotted about though. Individual shouts come from various places, and the immediate thought is to look at the bench to see if it gets a reaction. Really, they aren't being abusive or even that critical at times, but you can tell the shouts would annoy the management. They annoy me, but I don't do interviews afterwards.

Maybe we could strategically place 'anti - negativity' squads around the dug outs and whenever these comments are shouted they could drown them out with chants of 'keep passing it Dale' 'Keep possession' 'pass and move Dale, pass and move'. ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:30 - Feb 21 with 907 viewszxcvbnm

Hill has always been annoyed by the main stand minority who would still complain if dale won every game by a hatful. It's the way they are it's probably a result of over domineering mothers or being continually henpecked

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:31 - Feb 21 with 907 viewsnordenblue

Just what is wrong with some people? on 11:07 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Maybe we could strategically place 'anti - negativity' squads around the dug outs and whenever these comments are shouted they could drown them out with chants of 'keep passing it Dale' 'Keep possession' 'pass and move Dale, pass and move'. ?

Maybe we should all pay our hard earned money and not have the audacity to even open our uneducated mouths and just clap ferociously for 90+ minutes, he makes headline news and gives these tossers air time and publicity by even mentioning them during interviews, heard it during his first spell here and it was boring then even more so now.
Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 12:37 - Feb 21 with 855 viewsMass_Debater

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 10:51 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Everyone is, but it's not the done thing to admit it.

Wish that Hill was more concerned with the lack of fans and the potential effect that and other things have on his budget.

This.

Instead of going on about the 2000 that are there, I'd rather he got annoyed at the club's inaction in TRYING to increase crowds, other than the brainwave of the mystery voucher.
Login to get fewer ads

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 12:57 - Feb 21 with 835 viewsTalkingSutty

Just what is wrong with some people? (n/t) on 12:37 - Feb 21 by Mass_Debater

This.

Instead of going on about the 2000 that are there, I'd rather he got annoyed at the club's inaction in TRYING to increase crowds, other than the brainwave of the mystery voucher.

Hey, pack it, in sensible posts are not allowed. Hilly started the whingeing and we are carrying it on.
Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 780 views442Dale

Big headline on the back page of the Ob:

"Hill frustrated as plea to fans falls on deaf ears"

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:36 - Feb 21 with 767 viewsmacro

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:27 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

About typical from the egg chasing times
Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:37 - Feb 21 with 769 viewsD_Alien

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:27 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Job done then.

SOME of those who might have thought of coming to support the lads as we close in on another exciting end of season under Hilly will perceive a manager and fanbase at loggerheads. Might just make SOME of them think twice.

ONE would be ONE too many.

Is it really that difficult for Hilly to educate his players into playing the way he wants for 90+ minutes, despite shouts from the crowd? Personally, I don't think it's hard at all - I'm sure he's doing a great job in educating his players. So WTF's his problem?

Since BDMC feels like the big man by telling people to "man up" (always sounds a bit gay to me) - KH should be the one he directs it to in the first place. But of course, BDMC has no influence over KH so he directs it to people on here.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 14:39]

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:58 - Feb 21 with 744 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly's thoughts and reflections:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-preexeter-22.02.14-1373737.aspx

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:06 - Feb 21 with 735 viewsSalwaDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:58 - Feb 21 by SuddenLad

Hilly's thoughts and reflections:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-preexeter-22.02.14-1373737.aspx

So, the fans should have managed the players better? I kind of get that, as some of the ridiculous comments I hear are more wayward than a Jason Puncheon penalty.

However, if the fans are meant to make their comments to make the player's more patient then I guess KH is trying to manage the fans to manage the players better. If us fans are a little more patient against Oxford if things aren't quite going our way then he has done a very good job. If the fans (remember, we are one and not individuals) get a little bit annoyed and offer less support (in number and/or volume/positivity/happy happy happy) then he has managed the fans managing the players badly.

If Hill has managed the fans managing the players badly then I look forward to Dunphy's attempts to manage the manager managing the fans managing the players. If he is unsuccessful then it is our chance to manage the man managing the man manager managing the women and men managing the players who manage the game.

That last paragraph makes about as much sense as most of the stuff I've read on here since Tuesday.

TBBT

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:51 - Feb 21 with 697 viewsYouTubeDale

The general drift of discussion so far is that the Main Stand is the main culprit. Not in my experience. When a Burton player pretends to be injured and keeps on the pitch, as an example, that is when ALL sections get aroused (shouting out to get the game started), especially when we are trying to equalise or score a winner. It's natural that we get involved. Are we supposed to suppress these natural feelings? If so, Keith is asking a lot. I don't blame him for TRYING to educate us further and making pleas but I think he will get limited success.

Their players are winding us up and we are responding. It all adds to the anxiety Keith is referring to. Perhaps we should wind their crowds up in the same way. But we have turned over a new leaf, casting aside the "foul play" of the Coleman era, and returning to the roots of the Rochdale fair play way.

So the next time you feel aroused, suppress it and wait until you get home. Then let it all out. In turn, this will please Keith.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 15:52]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:52 - Feb 21 with 695 viewsD_Alien

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:06 - Feb 21 by SalwaDale

So, the fans should have managed the players better? I kind of get that, as some of the ridiculous comments I hear are more wayward than a Jason Puncheon penalty.

However, if the fans are meant to make their comments to make the player's more patient then I guess KH is trying to manage the fans to manage the players better. If us fans are a little more patient against Oxford if things aren't quite going our way then he has done a very good job. If the fans (remember, we are one and not individuals) get a little bit annoyed and offer less support (in number and/or volume/positivity/happy happy happy) then he has managed the fans managing the players badly.

If Hill has managed the fans managing the players badly then I look forward to Dunphy's attempts to manage the manager managing the fans managing the players. If he is unsuccessful then it is our chance to manage the man managing the man manager managing the women and men managing the players who manage the game.

That last paragraph makes about as much sense as most of the stuff I've read on here since Tuesday.

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:03 - Feb 21 with 679 viewsMass_Debater

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:51 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

The general drift of discussion so far is that the Main Stand is the main culprit. Not in my experience. When a Burton player pretends to be injured and keeps on the pitch, as an example, that is when ALL sections get aroused (shouting out to get the game started), especially when we are trying to equalise or score a winner. It's natural that we get involved. Are we supposed to suppress these natural feelings? If so, Keith is asking a lot. I don't blame him for TRYING to educate us further and making pleas but I think he will get limited success.

Their players are winding us up and we are responding. It all adds to the anxiety Keith is referring to. Perhaps we should wind their crowds up in the same way. But we have turned over a new leaf, casting aside the "foul play" of the Coleman era, and returning to the roots of the Rochdale fair play way.

So the next time you feel aroused, suppress it and wait until you get home. Then let it all out. In turn, this will please Keith.

Eh?
Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:17 - Feb 21 with 659 viewsBarryStrange

Just what is wrong with some people? on 15:51 - Feb 21 by YouTubeDale

Well played. 9/10 for that last paragraph. Afraid you lose a point for saying "please" instead of "pleasure" or "satisfy".
Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:30 - Feb 21 with 637 views442Dale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:37 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Job done then.

SOME of those who might have thought of coming to support the lads as we close in on another exciting end of season under Hilly will perceive a manager and fanbase at loggerheads. Might just make SOME of them think twice.

Is it really that difficult for Hilly to educate his players into playing the way he wants for 90+ minutes, despite shouts from the crowd? Personally, I don't think it's hard at all - I'm sure he's doing a great job in educating his players. So WTF's his problem?

Since BDMC feels like the big man by telling people to "man up" (always sounds a bit gay to me) - KH should be the one he directs it to in the first place. But of course, BDMC has no influence over KH so he directs it to people on here.

When I first heard the comments, the response of the Ob was the first thought that entered my head. It's mystifying that those who have control of what goes into the public domain don't stop to think first.

From the Ob:

"Hill blasted a section of fans for their lack of tolerance"
"It came just weeks after Hill criticised a small group of supporters for impatience during the 1-0 defeat against Dagenham and Redbridge"

Looks like pleas from readers for the Ob to produce something more than sub-standard, repetitive "news" fell on deaf ears too.

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 620 viewsTVOS1907

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:30 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

When I first heard the comments, the response of the Ob was the first thought that entered my head. It's mystifying that those who have control of what goes into the public domain don't stop to think first.

From the Ob:

"Hill blasted a section of fans for their lack of tolerance"
"It came just weeks after Hill criticised a small group of supporters for impatience during the 1-0 defeat against Dagenham and Redbridge"

Looks like pleas from readers for the Ob to produce something more than sub-standard, repetitive "news" fell on deaf ears too.

Does it surprise you?

Remember the way they continued to treat fans like idiots towards the end of Eyre's reign?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:55 - Feb 21 with 602 viewsfitzochris

I continue to be baffled by Hilly's post-match lambasting of a small portion of our fan base and the Ob's insistence on emphasising it.

Nothing new to add here, though. My thoughts on this are well documented on previous threads.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 592 viewsTVOS1907

Just what is wrong with some people? on 16:55 - Feb 21 by fitzochris

I continue to be baffled by Hilly's post-match lambasting of a small portion of our fan base and the Ob's insistence on emphasising it.

Nothing new to add here, though. My thoughts on this are well documented on previous threads.

The Ob are too afraid to criticise the manager.

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:05 - Feb 21 with 579 viewsfitzochris

I can understand that to some extent... him being their bread and butter... but Hilly shouldn't be beyond reproach from the local press just because they harbour a fear that he might not talk to them.

That said, our 'local press' is getting less local by the week.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:07 - Feb 21 with 569 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just what is wrong with some people? on 14:37 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Job done then.

I'm a nasty man aren't I. Gulag for you softie.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:08 - Feb 21 with 568 viewsColDale

Just what is wrong with some people? on 17:05 - Feb 21 by fitzochris

I can understand that to some extent... him being their bread and butter... but Hilly shouldn't be beyond reproach from the local press just because they harbour a fear that he might not talk to them.

That said, our 'local press' is getting less local by the week.

I don't think the Ob even interview the manager any more. Can't remember the last time I read anything from them that hadn't been put on Daleplayer several days earlier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024