Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" 17:31 - Feb 20 with 7382 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Poor Niko.

Speaking in such a heartfelt way & so eruditely about QPR and its current predicament.

"It's a good club with good fans" he says.

What a pity that so many of those 'fans' seem to think he's a fat/unfit/useless/poncey/ waste of space & don't want him at their club (or think he doesn't want to be here).

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/niko_kranjcar_promotion_failure_would_be_disas
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 21:12]
Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 09:28 - Feb 21 with 1580 viewsenfieldargh

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 18:02 - Feb 20 by Loft1979

Nico has shown what he can do.
Problem is coaches have no clue how to use him to the best effect, ditto for Joey and most of the midfield...
In which life is nico a defensive midfielder, or even Barton for that matter.

you do not realise how precise your statement is.

This club needs a proper coach, we had one eith Maclaren, I'm not sure what Bond and jordan actually do.

As for WD, love him for being rangers but he is not up to the task

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 1574 viewsadhoc_qpr

Krancjar - "Rangers must impose their style on opposition sides."

We have a style!!???
Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 09:56 - Feb 21 with 1554 viewswestberksr

he has the ability to be very effective in this division if used correctly. that's where HR has consistantly failed IMHO, when he played off Charlie at Millwall he was repeatedly within shooting range.

so i think a 451 with Niko off the striker is the best way to use him; has no place in the middle 2 of a 442 as he just isn't mobile enough and ends up lunging into tackles which will end in a booking or an injury for him (or a yellow for Joey as he tries to cover the oppo midfield in bruises).

If you have to play a 442 he has to be one of the wide berths as Adel did as neither is any use defensively, nor should they be. As much use there as Karl Henry would be on the wing!

we've continually set the team up wrong since Schteve left and it amazes me that it seems so obvious yet htese so called coaching pros keep cocking it up. maybe that's why i'm not being paid a couple of mill per season by TF
Kranjčar: on 10:11 - Feb 21 with 1539 viewsizlingtonhoop

Why do you put fans in inverts?
It doesn't make anyone less of a fan because they hold an opinion that doesn't have a player in blindly glowing terms. Blindly following despite the evidence to the contrary is how nazism gets going.
I must be a 'fan', cos he looks overweight and underfit to me.

Edit: If it helps, I, and I'm sure everyone else really want him to do well...
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 10:27]
Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 10:32 - Feb 21 with 1521 viewsTacticalR

In terms of the interview, it looks like Nico is simply reflecting the official thinking at QPR. Failure to go up would be a disaster, just as last season relegation would be a disaster. That didn't stop it happening though.

I didn't really know anything about Nico before he came to QPR, so I never had the high expectations other people seem to have had. I don't agree with Northolt_Rs that he can be placed in the same bracket as some of the burnt-out cases, such as Park and Bosingwa, that we bought last season.

The one thing I am sick of above all is the talented but brainless players who pick up the ball and run with it without having the slightest idea when to pass. Does Nico always play well? No. But Nico has that social quality that so many of our purchases lack. For all his skill there is a great simplicity to his game. He is *always* looking to pass.

A previous thread discussed what was meant by 'Football Intelligence'
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/80880/football-int

This is how Arrigo Sacchi described players who lacked 'Football Intelligence':
'But they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play-football. They lacked decision making. They lacked positioning. They didn't have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many, I wasn't sure they were going to learn.'

This is what Nico has. You know, that 'knowing-how-to-play-football' thing. That is why Charlie Austin spoke of him in such reverential terms on Open All Rs.

Air hostess clique

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 1485 viewsdaveB

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 09:28 - Feb 21 by enfieldargh

you do not realise how precise your statement is.

This club needs a proper coach, we had one eith Maclaren, I'm not sure what Bond and jordan actually do.

As for WD, love him for being rangers but he is not up to the task

they have both been successful coaches for many years so not sure why they need to prove themselves.
Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 11:20 - Feb 21 with 1470 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 11:11 - Feb 21 by daveB

they have both been successful coaches for many years so not sure why they need to prove themselves.

well, we're in February and no one seems to have much idea of our midfield from one week to the next, even allowing for injuries. there's a disconnect here between selection and training. Either the training is failing the manager, or the training is fine but the manager is ignoring it and flip-flopping his selection every week giving the coaches not much of a chance.

Bare bones.

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 11:40 - Feb 21 with 1446 viewshoopdog

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 09:33 - Feb 21 by adhoc_qpr

Krancjar - "Rangers must impose their style on opposition sides."

We have a style!!???

Krancjar Rangers must impose their style on opposition sides , practise what he preaches springs to mind
Login to get fewer ads

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 1401 viewsR_from_afar

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 18:02 - Feb 20 by Loft1979

Nico has shown what he can do.
Problem is coaches have no clue how to use him to the best effect, ditto for Joey and most of the midfield...
In which life is nico a defensive midfielder, or even Barton for that matter.

Yep and have *both* Barton and Kranjcar in CM and

You end up needing another defensive midfielder to offer cover for them!

Barton has many skills but can sometimes fail to track back whilst Nico is not a great tackler. Not an issue when we have the ball, but when we don't...oh boy.

Kranjcar is also guilty of trying to beat too many players at times, when a simple pass would play someone else in.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 1399 viewsR_from_afar

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 20:06 - Feb 20 by kensalriser

We need to get the coaching and tactics sorted. The entire team is underperforming and that can't be down to individuals.

Here's a piece of coaching for Kranjčar (and AJ, and Zamorra, and Junior...): Your goal return is hopeless. In case you had overlooked that...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 13:41 - Feb 21 with 1387 viewsQPunkR

Kranjčar: "Promotion failure would be 'disaster' for QPR" on 13:28 - Feb 21 by R_from_afar

Here's a piece of coaching for Kranjčar (and AJ, and Zamorra, and Junior...): Your goal return is hopeless. In case you had overlooked that...

RFA

Yes, poor Kranjcar. Not poor us that pay good money to watch him rotate slowly - and for the most part ineffectually - across the pitch of a weekend.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024