Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Knuckles dead 10:26 - Apr 1 with 21438 viewsAunt_Nelly

RIP

[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 10:30]
Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:05 - Apr 2 with 2468 viewsW14Hoop

And there's me thinking I'm the only Hoop listening to Pointblank or UNknown FM

Are Passion still going on the FM? I know they're online but there's something on 97.9FM recently which didn't seem very Passionesq to me.
Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 2460 viewspaulparker

Frankie Knuckles dead on 13:44 - Apr 2 by W7Ranger

Do any of you currently go to any of the following "do's"...??

EE (Encapsulated Energy) in Hastings.

Sweet Sensation (Various venues around West London)

Pirate Club (Was Wembley, now Willesden)

Remember going to a couple of Sweet sensation Do's in West Drayton & Slough
Rocky & Diesel & terry Farley playing there
great days !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:16 - Apr 2 with 2456 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:14 - Apr 2 by paulparker

Remember going to a couple of Sweet sensation Do's in West Drayton & Slough
Rocky & Diesel & terry Farley playing there
great days !!!

'Sweet Sensation' was surely names after the Shades of Rhythm track?
Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:17 - Apr 2 with 2453 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:05 - Apr 2 by W14Hoop

Are Passion still going on the FM? I know they're online but there's something on 97.9FM recently which didn't seem very Passionesq to me.

You're not QPR Rodders are you?
That's an Rs reference I hear time to time on the big one, PointBlank

Passion have lost their direction a bit, Feelgood and Ram used to do it for me on there. Haven't yet made it to one of their Promised Land do's which are supposed to be good. Haven't caught them on FM for a while to be honest so you may be right

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:22 - Apr 2 with 2450 viewsW7Ranger

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:05 - Apr 2 by W14Hoop

Think Passion FM is still going. Either 97.9 or 99.7.

This is what I'm referring to tho'... http://passionlive.co.uk/

That and Audiobunker.co.uk everyday from 5-6pm...
Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:28 - Apr 2 with 2460 viewsngbqpr

Only just seen this thread - not got time to read all 4 pages so sorry if a Spackman, but here's a lovely piece on FK:

http://thump.vice.com/words/we-didnt-know-this-would-be-goodbye

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:34 - Apr 2 with 2455 viewsW7Ranger

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:16 - Apr 2 by CroydonCaptJack

'Sweet Sensation' was surely names after the Shades of Rhythm track?

It may well have been, it's only been going since around 2011 I think. But they've had around 4 do's at the Six Bells Cafe (pub) in Ruislip (Ducks Hill Road). One in Northwood Virgin Active Health Club, a couple at Tantric Blue in Slough/Colnbrook. Plus numerous smaller do's around Northwood (Arens Bar?) and Eastcote. There will be one in Ealing next month, probably at the Boulevard (now Karma).
Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:40 - Apr 2 with 2449 viewsW14Hoop

Frankie Knuckles dead on 14:17 - Apr 2 by Lblock

You're not QPR Rodders are you?
That's an Rs reference I hear time to time on the big one, PointBlank

Passion have lost their direction a bit, Feelgood and Ram used to do it for me on there. Haven't yet made it to one of their Promised Land do's which are supposed to be good. Haven't caught them on FM for a while to be honest so you may be right

I’ve just read the Morgantwin thread from the start, christ that’s funny :o))

LBlock — I keep meaning to go to Promised Land as well, think they had a NYE one at Shepherds Bush empire couple of years ago which I couldn’t make.
Feelgood & Ram were a great laugh, then they were doing individual shows and the dynamic duo seemed to stop.

Pointblank on a Sunday morning play some great soul / funk / Hip-Hop stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Knuckles dead on 23:35 - Apr 2 with 2413 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:39 - Apr 2 by CroydonCaptJack

I shall be listening to that one later Disco.
Cheers mate.

Absolutely superb. Cheers for that Disco!
Frankie Knuckles dead on 08:47 - Apr 3 with 2387 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 23:35 - Apr 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Absolutely superb. Cheers for that Disco!

aye cap'n!! could be the summer anthem...it seems to be getting a bit of a revival on facebook/twitter/youtube....odd to have the lead singer of anthony and the johnsons on a dance track!!

another little cracker from a few years ago 'dirty vegas' who qoute frankie as their major influence...great video as well... fonky!!!

[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 8:55]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Frankie Knuckles dead on 09:28 - Apr 3 with 2374 viewsngbqpr

Frankie Knuckles dead on 12:18 - Apr 2 by Discodroid

yep it was this choon which was dropped in that london scene

[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 12:19]

Hey Disco thanks for posting...in a former life I signed this record! The inclusion in Trainspotting enabled us to take it from cult club classic to the Top 20...and the soundtrack album royalty cheques helped keep me in a job for a couple of years :)

Great to see so many house heads on here. I've known Kensalriser for 20+ years, initially through the house scene rather than Rangers...and from previous posts on Friday Music Threads etc I was aware that you & CroydonCaptJack know your house - but to find so many kindred spirits on this thread has been great - and also demonstrates once again what this thing that Frankie helped kick start means to so many

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Frankie Knuckles dead on 09:46 - Apr 3 with 2367 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 09:28 - Apr 3 by ngbqpr

Hey Disco thanks for posting...in a former life I signed this record! The inclusion in Trainspotting enabled us to take it from cult club classic to the Top 20...and the soundtrack album royalty cheques helped keep me in a job for a couple of years :)

Great to see so many house heads on here. I've known Kensalriser for 20+ years, initially through the house scene rather than Rangers...and from previous posts on Friday Music Threads etc I was aware that you & CroydonCaptJack know your house - but to find so many kindred spirits on this thread has been great - and also demonstrates once again what this thing that Frankie helped kick start means to so many

gawd blimey!!!..."They say a tree is as tall as its many branches
But not all god's children have the same chances"....

im pretty active with the bedrock boys, in fact going to centerpoint with a few this weekend..

you are my(house) brother.music unites.

this thread makes me feel like ive dropped a mick mills!!!!

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:10 - Apr 3 with 2360 viewswestberksr

tried explaining the impact of FK to a yocal; there only exposure to 'house' music is chart shit and rehashed pop songs.

thank god i grew up in civilisation (London) rather than out here; i'd probably be enjoying a club mix of the Worzels! Same applies to the local crew who think they are cool sat in a local park listening to generic D&B and something they think represents club music.

our generation really did have it good!

house music all night long
Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:27 - Apr 3 with 2352 viewsAunt_Nelly

Blimey, I expected this thread to drop off the page first day. Rangers have always been very well represented in the music industry but apart from Droid I'd never guess there were so many house bods on here. Loads of good tunes and memories. Great stuff.

NGB, Am I right in guessing you were at Mixmag back in the day?
Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:29 - Apr 3 with 2350 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:10 - Apr 3 by westberksr

tried explaining the impact of FK to a yocal; there only exposure to 'house' music is chart shit and rehashed pop songs.

thank god i grew up in civilisation (London) rather than out here; i'd probably be enjoying a club mix of the Worzels! Same applies to the local crew who think they are cool sat in a local park listening to generic D&B and something they think represents club music.

our generation really did have it good!

house music all night long

amen brother..

rare, rare, rare....... russ brown 'gotta find away' 1987..

gertcha!!

ps auntie, have a listen to that frankie remix of 'blind' its a corker so it is mate..

well done for the thread mate!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 10:33]

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:38 - Apr 3 with 2342 viewsngbqpr

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:27 - Apr 3 by Aunt_Nelly

Blimey, I expected this thread to drop off the page first day. Rangers have always been very well represented in the music industry but apart from Droid I'd never guess there were so many house bods on here. Loads of good tunes and memories. Great stuff.

NGB, Am I right in guessing you were at Mixmag back in the day?

Yes Nelly - I was assistant editor when Dave Seaman was editor - then we started Stress Records together

Have we met? ;)

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:44 - Apr 3 with 2338 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:38 - Apr 3 by ngbqpr

Yes Nelly - I was assistant editor when Dave Seaman was editor - then we started Stress Records together

Have we met? ;)

fuk off....you started stress!!!!...sunday club, blue amazon ...mixmag/muzik was the bible..i even used to get the midweek mixmag(black and white as well)

i ran a record stall for years and pezz from 3 beat records would pop down with his stuff....scouse house!!!

also got on well with platipus/hook&bellboy/hooj lads as well.

truth be told progressive house was my life(still is some days).

great label stress....let me buy u a pint or two in the springbok.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 10:51]

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:47 - Apr 3 with 2335 viewsAunt_Nelly

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:38 - Apr 3 by ngbqpr

Have we met? ;)

Yes. I'll say hello if I see you at Rangers.
Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:48 - Apr 3 with 2332 viewsngbqpr

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:44 - Apr 3 by Discodroid

fuk off....you started stress!!!!...sunday club, blue amazon ...mixmag/muzik was the bible..i even used to get the midweek mixmag(black and white as well)

i ran a record stall for years and pezz from 3 beat records would pop down with his stuff....scouse house!!!

also got on well with platipus/hook&bellboy/hooj lads as well.

truth be told progressive house was my life(still is some days).

great label stress....let me buy u a pint or two in the springbok.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 10:51]

yep stress was my baby - so proud of what we did - there's even a little fan group for it on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7746808402/

I edited the midweek mixmag update for a bit too

what stall did you run disco?

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:17 - Apr 3 with 2320 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:48 - Apr 3 by ngbqpr

yep stress was my baby - so proud of what we did - there's even a little fan group for it on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7746808402/

I edited the midweek mixmag update for a bit too

what stall did you run disco?

cringe!! 'racks of wax ' with a fellow called tim punter who was in a band called 'mucho macho' on the concrete label. they had a few singles out and a l.p. "the lime house link" and he remixed cornershops @brimful of asha. sort of breakbeat meats beastie boys meats donald bryd!!

had the stall 96-99 ish at both greenwich and camden..had a couple of regular nights in the same period in city /east end bars/clubs in at the same time..

went a bit' loopy' for a while, but as ever , the love of a good woman sees you through!

still a lot of good stuff out there .those bedrock boys are mad!

will have a look at the facebook stuff.

but a serious serious thank you for 'stress' a way of life for many

Glenn.

[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 11:28]

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:35 - Apr 3 with 2308 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 10:29 - Apr 3 by Discodroid

amen brother..

rare, rare, rare....... russ brown 'gotta find away' 1987..

gertcha!!

ps auntie, have a listen to that frankie remix of 'blind' its a corker so it is mate..

well done for the thread mate!
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 10:33]

There's a tune I've not heard since Paddington 1990 i reckon!

On the Stress front I used to love their stuff.
This one was one of my favourites, I recall dropping this at Ealing Boulevard at one of Vinylmanias after club do's called Wide Awake Club early 90's

Happy, happy days with hair included!

Anyway at risk of going off on a tangent but I'm sure the Knuck man would've forgiven us.
Looking forward to The Frankie Friday Music Thread

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:39 - Apr 3 with 2305 viewsngbqpr

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:35 - Apr 3 by Lblock

There's a tune I've not heard since Paddington 1990 i reckon!

On the Stress front I used to love their stuff.
This one was one of my favourites, I recall dropping this at Ealing Boulevard at one of Vinylmanias after club do's called Wide Awake Club early 90's

Happy, happy days with hair included!

Anyway at risk of going off on a tangent but I'm sure the Knuck man would've forgiven us.
Looking forward to The Frankie Friday Music Thread

thanks for the Stress love ;)

And Nelly - give us a clue!

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:41 - Apr 3 with 2298 viewsLblock

Did someone say progressive?

This one still sounds as fresh as a daisy today

Used to love this one and Lion Rock... that chugging bass and brass beat on a 5k rig used to get your heart jumping out of your sternum

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:49 - Apr 3 with 2291 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 11:41 - Apr 3 by Lblock

Did someone say progressive?

This one still sounds as fresh as a daisy today

Used to love this one and Lion Rock... that chugging bass and brass beat on a 5k rig used to get your heart jumping out of your sternum

ahh lion rock ..justin robertson is one of the great dj's.

used to see him at the heavenly social at turnmills a fair bit..

sorry frankie..were just sharing the love!!

good choices sir, tmrw will be tricky!! i can see ive got my work cut out .

Frankie Knuckles dead on 13:25 - Apr 3 with 2266 viewsPommyhoop

You can tell Frankie was a massive influence on her.
I like this one..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024