Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... 18:03 - May 27 with 4446 viewsqprcanadabc

if the stadium had a name change, to say, The Bet365 Arena? we are in debt and could use the money....just a what if? if the reaction to the kit change is anything to go by........
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:11 - May 27 with 4423 viewsloftboy

The new stadium will definitely be sponsored, if they needed cash and someone offers obscene amount to change Loftus rd to the MasterCard stadium or like so be it, I will still call it Loftus rd as I did when it got changed briefly to the Rangers stadium many moons ago

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:16 - May 27 with 4407 viewsGetMeRangers

Whatever the stadium name, I am assuming there will be a club choice over the stand names... Alan MacDonald/Macca stand, for instance

Some of the sponorship names are ok for instance the name of the library in North London
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:36 - May 27 with 4363 viewshoof_hearted

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:16 - May 27 by GetMeRangers

Whatever the stadium name, I am assuming there will be a club choice over the stand names... Alan MacDonald/Macca stand, for instance

Some of the sponorship names are ok for instance the name of the library in North London

Holloway?
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:38 - May 27 with 4349 viewsJeff

The New Stadium will definitely have naming rights, all new stadium do.

but, outrage over renaming a stadium has always struck me as a little odd. if Fernandes sold the naming rights to Loftus Road, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. i'd still be going to loftus road every week.

Newcastle United play at the Sports Direct Arena, but everyone still calls it St James Park.

AC Milan play at the Stadio Guiseppe Mezza, but everyone calls it the San Siro

West Ham play at the Boleyn Ground, but everyone calls it Upton Park.

Borussia Dortmund play at Signal Irunda Park, but everyone calls it the Westfalenstadion.

the one thing you can't actually buy or replace is people's memories of football stadiums, regardless if the home of QPR is the Pizza Hut Arena or Loftus Road...
[Post edited 27 May 2014 18:40]

Can we not knock it?

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:44 - May 27 with 4306 viewshoof_hearted

Pizza Hut arena, you say? Mmmmmmmmm.

Vouchers with the season ticket. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

More sponsorship deals for Nico "stuffed crust" and Barton "deep" pan.
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:45 - May 27 with 4295 viewsLowerloftLad

Don't care as long as there is a statue of bobby zamora 😁😂⚽🏆

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:50 - May 27 with 4267 viewshopphoops

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:38 - May 27 by Jeff

but, outrage over renaming a stadium has always struck me as a little odd. if Fernandes sold the naming rights to Loftus Road, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. i'd still be going to loftus road every week.

Newcastle United play at the Sports Direct Arena, but everyone still calls it St James Park.

Borussia Dortmund play at Signal Irunda Park, but everyone calls it the Westfalenstadion.

the one thing you can't actually buy or replace is people's memories of football stadiums, regardless if the home of QPR is the Pizza Hut Arena or Loftus Road...

Meazza was an Inter legend who also played a bit for Milan. He won the world cup in 1938 when Mussolini's message to the team was 'Win or Die' - the original #findaway... he scored a penalty against Brazil even though his shorts fell down when he was running up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuseppe_Meazza

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:53 - May 27 with 4260 viewsNW5Hoop

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:38 - May 27 by Jeff

I'm not sure (genuinely not sure; I may be wrong) that Italians call it the San Siro. The stadium's always had that name — San Siro's just the area it's in. And Newcastle changed the name back from Sports Direct Arena.
Login to get fewer ads

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:00 - May 27 with 4239 viewsHollowayRanger

COULDNT give much of a fig to stadium name

the loft is the loft end off

and new ground will be royal oak or the oak

do give a fig at having to watch qpr play in seaside sailors outfits and man city away shirts

3rd shirt is class mind might i suggest they wear it in the cups

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:12 - May 27 with 4215 viewsjamois

but in answer to the OP, have people overreacted about the kit? i think it's fair enough to call it shite. especially when it's much more central to the club's identity than a stadium. in north america they'll do anything for $$$ and it's seen as normal. I hope it never comes to that, at least with regard to sports, in the UK. that said, i understand the limitations of the Nike deal in yr 1 and am sure it will get better next season.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:15 - May 27 with 4196 viewsconnell10

awful, awful, awful crap shite home shirt! if thats a over reaction boolox to it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:20 - May 27 with 4179 viewsBrazilNutR

I wonder if the other teams we share a kit with like their home shirts....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8lCIpB0-80Jb4FqgIimdn4-ci

at least Duisberg went with hoops for their away kit... shame we couldn't even get that bit right..
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:22 - May 27 with 4168 viewsAndyB

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 18:45 - May 27 by LowerloftLad

Don't care as long as there is a statue of bobby zamora 😁😂⚽🏆

Bet you never thought you'd be typing that a month ago!!
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:40 - May 27 with 4120 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

The new stadium should be called The ArcelorMittal Stadium and should be built with their steel and give us a mahoosive naming rights deal as well as costing nothing in steel work to buy which should be beneficial on many levels all round. Just no random helterskelter type things please.

As for naming I hope the stands are voted on by members and ST holders along with wildcard entries for fan suggestions.
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 19:55 - May 27 with 4097 viewsted_hendrix

I'm hoping that when the new stadium is eventually built its called "The Ying Tong Stadium"

A section by the corner flag at the home end should be designated for loonies only and every home game loonies from the surrounding nut houses should be bussed in and every time we get a corner all the loonies would stand up and sing in almost perfect harmony something along the lines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong iddle I po,
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong iddle I po"

"Iddle I po"

"Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong iddle I po,
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong ying tong
Ying tong iddle I po"

"Iddle I po"

"Iddle I po"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 20:58 - May 27 with 4014 viewsdaveB

they can change the stadium now for all i care but the new home kit is dreadful. I understand the problem the club have and the fault all lies with nike but it's very poor, one of if not the worst home shirt i've ever seen us have. My son could have designed a better effort with crayons
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 22:35 - May 27 with 3943 viewsHollowayRanger

HOME SHIRT
Too many hoops
dont go all the way round
too light a blue almost sky blue

a totally new away shirt that means nothing to any of us

third shirt i like but who really cares about 3rd shirts

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 23:30 - May 27 with 3885 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I would call the new stadium wemberleeee that will keep the karma on here
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 00:23 - May 28 with 3834 viewsFredManRave

Knowing our luck the highest bidder and therefore eventual winner for our new stadiums naming rights will be won by UKIP.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 02:44 - May 28 with 3796 viewsRangersAreBack

Over reaction by the OP to an honest assessment of the new kit.
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 06:34 - May 28 with 3775 viewstimcocking

I've slept on it overnight, wondering the whole time if it was a ridiculous over reaction.

I've come to the same conclusion i had yesterday, which is i truly do think it's an utter disgrace.

I'm not interested in reasons why it's happened. It's a complete piss take. Gutted. Embarrassed.

Whoopee bloody do, we play spurs next year, wow. Not in a QPR shirt we don't.

Ok, i'll shut up now, i've said more than enough, but it is still my opinion, after 30 odd years as a Rangers fan, is that i am incredibly upset over it, and bollox to the fascists who try to intimidate me into not expressing an opinion which differs with theirs. Just bullys, hiding behind a pack and a computer screen.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 6:35]
over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 07:17 - May 28 with 3726 viewsloftboy

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 06:34 - May 28 by timcocking

I've slept on it overnight, wondering the whole time if it was a ridiculous over reaction.

I've come to the same conclusion i had yesterday, which is i truly do think it's an utter disgrace.

I'm not interested in reasons why it's happened. It's a complete piss take. Gutted. Embarrassed.

Whoopee bloody do, we play spurs next year, wow. Not in a QPR shirt we don't.

Ok, i'll shut up now, i've said more than enough, but it is still my opinion, after 30 odd years as a Rangers fan, is that i am incredibly upset over it, and bollox to the fascists who try to intimidate me into not expressing an opinion which differs with theirs. Just bullys, hiding behind a pack and a computer screen.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 6:35]

Out of interest what did you think of our millennium kit?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

over reaction from some on new kit....what would the reaction be ... on 15:41 - May 28 with 3612 viewsBedford_R

Loftus Road will always be Loftus Road. the new stadium they can call whatever they like within reason. It won't have had the history of being called Loftus Road.

As for the new kits - I do have all the home shirts for the last 15 seasons. However, I will not be buying this one as it is a generic design that looks too much like Readings' home shirt. I will be buying the white 3rd kit though as that looks ace. And I do not think this is n over reaction.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 17:15]

RMH_R Reborn

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024