Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... 20:15 - May 27 with 1600 viewsAntti_Heinola

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9324672/QPR-s-Wealth-Of-Experience-Finally-

But just one question arises.

Why does everyone hate us so much? Teams have been 'buying' their way to success (if that's what we've done) for years. Blackburn did it most overtly and before anyone else. Even Liverpool used to buy players in the 80s to stop other teams having them. Man Utd are millions more in debt than we are, so how are they 'living within their means' - and then there's the worst of the lot, Chelsea and Man City, who no one seems to bothered about. Chelsea are ONE BILLION in the hole. City pay people over £200k PER WEEK. I don't care how big the Etihad is, their 'history' cannot support that.

So what is it? Why are we the bad guys - aren't we doing what everyone else is doing? Or would want to do?

Bare bones.

Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 20:34 - May 27 with 1541 viewsted_hendrix

Why does everyone hate us so much?

I spent the best part of the day fending of the "you were lucky Saturday quotes" these quotes were usually followed by "Yea but how are you going to pay off the huge fine that's coming your way"

In other words I'd imagine the pricks that dared to speak to me about QPR today and in the past are bitterly jealous of the financial backing we have, that and the fact that the ignorant half wits are of the misguided opinion that wealth automatically buys success which any normal average bloke on the street (me) knows full well that it doesn't.

I refer them as a norm to our neighbours hugely unsuccessful recent season of expensive failure.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 20:45 - May 27 with 1484 viewsLofthope

With due respect, you are missing the point of the way the media works. They suck up to the millions of losers who support big clubs to supplement their, otherwise inadequate, lives. These losers continue to buy newspapers (they actually listen idiots like Patrick Barclay and Mick Dennis) and watch the BBC. So in their media bubble, it's easy meat to slag of the real people who represent small minorities and this helps make the average 'big club tosseur' feel superior. Clubs outside of the Eurovision Cup are not important to these people who have the cultural class of an ABBA fan...which doesn't get much lower. One day they might realise that ore people support unfashionable clubs actually outnumber the big ones. If we all boycotted their papers and the BBC they'd soon change their ways.
I refuse to buy a newspaper and hardly watch the BBC, and NEVER watch Crap of The day on BBC...in fact I rarely watch any BBC TBH because they are so up their own PC arrses that they have lost touch with reality.

QPR .a club for real people outside the PC Media Bubble!
Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 20:55 - May 27 with 1449 viewsMaggsinho

Because we failed I suspect. If we had spent the money we did and survived or pushed up the table we'd be lauded as a club moving forward.

Southampton were in something like the top ten of highest spenders in Europe last season, but that's OK as they've done well.
Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 21:00 - May 27 with 1435 viewsjonno

With other clubs fans it's bitterness and envy. With the media they don't like the status quo being upset and changing their nice comfy little world. We're a small club and we should know our place - how dare we try to compete at a higher level and upset the apple cart? They simply can't understand why wealthy owners would back a club like ours; it's beyond their comprehension.
Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 21:34 - May 27 with 1360 viewsdavman

You lot are quite funny really. When the Russian turned up down the road and saved them, none of us were really happy; similar to when the Egyptian turned up and bought that lot back from the brink.

Its not nice that this much money has turned up in our game, but it has. I hate the fact that we've had to go up amassing a record debt; I hate the fact that 'arry is in the top 15 paid managers in World football; I actually still feel very uncomfortable with Saint Joey Barton being a reason we went up,; I hate the fact that we only exist because some Malaysians and an Indian have decided to *invest* in us until they get bored and call the debt in, but what the hell can I do about it?

When it happened to those others, they went with the flow; what else could they do? As far as we are concerned, we're lucky to have the chance to compete with the big boys with our 17000 crowds, so be happy with that. Of course others will dislike what we now are, but we can't do anything about it, so just take the insults and slaggings and concentrate on what this should all be about - football.

We've done alright this week, haven't we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 21:43 - May 27 with 1326 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I get loads of stick up here but who cares I give loads back and I am a lot happier than the carrots that live here
Reasonably blanaced - F365 on our promotion... on 21:48 - May 27 with 1310 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think the following was very balanced

"That overused (but still pertinent) statistic of a wage bill higher than Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund's is frankly obscene for a club that should be living within its means in the second tier."

Were we supposed to stay in the second tier until we learn to live within our means and cleared the debt, then?
As Clive pointed out in his match report, QPR fans have taken more than their fair share of the bad times. Why shouldn't we celebrate the good.

I'm uncomfortable about the losses and the level of debt but I'm in no position to affect that. I'd be very unhappy if we haven't learned the lesson of the last attempt at keeping up with the other PL clubs and end up signing pensionable players on huge salaries - again. But I hope and pray that lessons have been learned and, when we come back in August, it's with a younger, leaner squad on sensible wages. If that is not good enough to stay up, then, so be it.
Us fans, will still keep coming back.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024