Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julie Caesar 20:20 - Jun 28 with 7750 viewshoops_legend

Fantastic game... Great to see a qpr player as a hero!

Lets see it continue

M bia played well in the tournament... Suk young not bad and remy still in it...

Qpr are cbecoming a force around the world

Hope cesar plays instead of green for us
Julie Caesar on 18:36 - Jun 29 with 1140 viewsRed_Ranger

Julie Caesar on 12:23 - Jun 29 by THEBUSH

Difficult decision for our management team, whether to keep Green or let him go ?

Unless we can offload Cesar, perhaps Green will have to go !!

Don't make financial sense to re-sign Green and keep Cesar.

good point.
Julie Caesar on 19:38 - Jun 29 with 1102 viewsLoft1979

Julie Caesar on 11:20 - Jun 29 by Metallica_Hoop

On his day he's world class, but Greeey deserves that No.1 shirt.

However it would be nice if a Rangers player won the world cup or played brilliantly in the final but lost to Costa Rica.

Why was Cesar signed? Did Swansea 5-QPR-0 help that decision along?
Why are we talking to Rio and bidding for Caulker? That 5-0 score is still in some folks thoughts.
Julie Caesar on 20:53 - Jun 29 with 1064 viewsTHEBUSH

Julie Caesar on 16:08 - Jun 29 by daveB

Cesar was offered nothing by anyone thats why he stayed. QPR offered to pay most of his wages for loan moves so he could get first team football but no one wanted him. His first actual offer came from Toronto which he accepted

So what should we do with Green Dave, re-sign him or let him leave ?
Julie Caesar on 20:57 - Jun 29 with 1060 viewsVancouverHoop

Julie Caesar on 19:38 - Jun 29 by Loft1979

Why was Cesar signed? Did Swansea 5-QPR-0 help that decision along?
Why are we talking to Rio and bidding for Caulker? That 5-0 score is still in some folks thoughts.

"Because when a player of his quality becomes available, you should jump at the chance." (Not a direct quote, but that was/is management's reasoning I seem to remember.)

It was a monumentally boneheaded move on the part of Hughes and TF. Two international goalkeepers vying for the same position was never going to work. It was predictable one – or both – would end up unhappy. As things have turned out it could have been much worse for the club, and may still be. Both have been remarkably patient but one must leave soon, somehow.

I think a big reason César didn't play for us last year may have been the upcoming FFP issue. It will almost certainly end up in court and the club probably wants to make the case that, though they were under contract, players who didn't play for us in the league shouldn't have their salaries included in the financial penalty.
Julie Caesar on 21:24 - Jun 29 with 1043 viewsRed_Ranger

Julie Caesar on 20:57 - Jun 29 by VancouverHoop

"Because when a player of his quality becomes available, you should jump at the chance." (Not a direct quote, but that was/is management's reasoning I seem to remember.)

It was a monumentally boneheaded move on the part of Hughes and TF. Two international goalkeepers vying for the same position was never going to work. It was predictable one – or both – would end up unhappy. As things have turned out it could have been much worse for the club, and may still be. Both have been remarkably patient but one must leave soon, somehow.

I think a big reason César didn't play for us last year may have been the upcoming FFP issue. It will almost certainly end up in court and the club probably wants to make the case that, though they were under contract, players who didn't play for us in the league shouldn't have their salaries included in the financial penalty.

Interesting last comment.

Is that you surmising , or have you heard that from somewhere?
Julie Caesar on 21:29 - Jun 29 with 1040 viewsGloryHunter

Julie Caesar on 20:57 - Jun 29 by VancouverHoop

That is a good point, and the only attempt to answer my question about alleged "contractual problems".
Julie Caesar on 23:26 - Jun 29 with 1003 viewsVancouverHoop

Julie Caesar on 21:24 - Jun 29 by Red_Ranger

Interesting last comment.

Is that you surmising , or have you heard that from somewhere?

Me surmising, but it seems logical. They knew FFP was going to be a factor if we were relegated, and TF and PB are too financially astute not to plan accordingly.
Julie Caesar on 23:33 - Jun 29 with 998 viewsdaveB

Julie Caesar on 20:53 - Jun 29 by THEBUSH

So what should we do with Green Dave, re-sign him or let him leave ?

I'd keep Green I think the club did the right thing last summer putting faith in him to give him confidence. I quite like Cesar but would be amazed to see him play for us again
Login to get fewer ads

Julie Caesar on 01:06 - Jun 30 with 968 viewsVancouverHoop

I'd have been amazed too up until a few weeks ago when César said QPR wanted him back after the World Cup. Up until then I assumed he'd finish the MLS season with Toronto, and in January we'd try and move him on again, or fix up another loan.

Now I'm not so sure. Rob Green is a much more saleable asset. Lot's of clubs would want him, and could pay him. César, OTOH, is probably rated one of the top dozen keepers in the world, loads of clubs would want him but few can afford him. Consequently, as we're finding out, he's hard to shift as the market for him is tiny.

Something similar happened with my NHL team two years ago. They had one of the top five goalies in the league, with a ten year contract at $6 million p.a. to match. Then the kid who was his back-up started to play lights out hockey. He basically took the Big Guy's spot. BG, naturally, didn't want to play back-up and asked to be traded. The club agreed and tried to make a deal. There were no takers, no one wanted his contract. After 18 months they traded the kid, who was less expensive and had a longer career ahead of him. The Big Guy then found himself back between the pipes.

Different sport, but I think there are parallels (except Green's no kid) with our goalkeeping situation. We may prefer RG, but almost by default, find César in net for us again because there's no other realistic option. The best hope, for those who don't like the sound of that, is Brazil winning the World Cup. Someone with really, really deep pockets might want to share the glory and pick him up. It'll probably be another Tony Fernandes, or someone like him.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 1:16]
Julie Caesar on 10:22 - Jun 30 with 894 viewsthame_hoops

Julie Caesar on 01:06 - Jun 30 by VancouverHoop

I'd have been amazed too up until a few weeks ago when César said QPR wanted him back after the World Cup. Up until then I assumed he'd finish the MLS season with Toronto, and in January we'd try and move him on again, or fix up another loan.

Now I'm not so sure. Rob Green is a much more saleable asset. Lot's of clubs would want him, and could pay him. César, OTOH, is probably rated one of the top dozen keepers in the world, loads of clubs would want him but few can afford him. Consequently, as we're finding out, he's hard to shift as the market for him is tiny.

Something similar happened with my NHL team two years ago. They had one of the top five goalies in the league, with a ten year contract at $6 million p.a. to match. Then the kid who was his back-up started to play lights out hockey. He basically took the Big Guy's spot. BG, naturally, didn't want to play back-up and asked to be traded. The club agreed and tried to make a deal. There were no takers, no one wanted his contract. After 18 months they traded the kid, who was less expensive and had a longer career ahead of him. The Big Guy then found himself back between the pipes.

Different sport, but I think there are parallels (except Green's no kid) with our goalkeeping situation. We may prefer RG, but almost by default, find César in net for us again because there's no other realistic option. The best hope, for those who don't like the sound of that, is Brazil winning the World Cup. Someone with really, really deep pockets might want to share the glory and pick him up. It'll probably be another Tony Fernandes, or someone like him.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 1:16]

and you just drafted a goalie who needs surgery on both hips?
Julie Caesar on 15:11 - Jun 30 with 843 viewsVancouverHoop

We did. I guess we'll find out how that works out in a few years.

Do you follow hockey closely?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 15:11]
Julie Caesar on 19:13 - Jun 30 with 816 viewsthame_hoops

Julie Caesar on 15:11 - Jun 30 by VancouverHoop

We did. I guess we'll find out how that works out in a few years.

Do you follow hockey closely?
[Post edited 30 Jun 2014 15:11]

I try, I spend lots of time in Chicago so hung out with hawks fans. A great sport to see live
Julie Caesar on 20:49 - Jun 30 with 796 viewsVancouverHoop

It is. (Hawks fans... Argh!) :)
Julie Caesar on 04:50 - Jul 1 with 760 viewsDylanP

In Brazil everyone I asked knew QPR because of Cesar. He is our ambassador out in the footballing world. He is a world class goalie and is likely to be our goalie next season. Get used to him.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024