Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeff signs. 22:46 - Jul 6 with 23055 viewsItchySphincter

Looks like we're having another good go at staying in this league.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2014 22:47]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jeff signs. on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 2172 viewsMattG

Jeff signs. on 10:29 - Jul 7 by Brynmill_Jack

His lack of end product is worrying though

I watched the first couple of minutes of the YouTube video that is on the Mirror page linked to above and didn't see him either get a shot on target or provide a cross that someone got on the end of.

In the interests of balance, I should say that, of course, there may have been loads of those later on in the video.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 10:46]
Jeff signs. on 10:46 - Jul 7 with 2169 viewsBLAZE

Jeff signs. on 07:09 - Jul 7 by MattG

Been doing a Shaky to try and get up to speed on this guy, just in case the Mirror get it right for once, and found this. Interesting (even if not terribly positive).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113834-arsenal-transfer-news-jefferson-monte

I don't know much about him, but that's probably a fair assessment given the fact he stands out in my memory as one of the most frightening players I've seen us play against (his pace was insane) yet his stats really don't back that up in the slightest

It'd be a gamble but one I'd like to see us to take, I think. Nurture him as we have done our other wingers and he could be dynamite for us
Jeff signs. on 10:48 - Jul 7 with 2150 viewsClinton

Great to have decent back-up for Nathan and Routs.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jeff signs. on 10:49 - Jul 7 with 2145 viewsFitzy

Really? That's what we're doing now? Questionable "big names", former players or players who've played well against us?

Doesn't seem like there's any kind of plan with this window's transfer dealings.
Jeff signs. on 10:57 - Jul 7 with 2090 viewsOldjack

Jeff signs. on 10:46 - Jul 7 by BLAZE

I don't know much about him, but that's probably a fair assessment given the fact he stands out in my memory as one of the most frightening players I've seen us play against (his pace was insane) yet his stats really don't back that up in the slightest

It'd be a gamble but one I'd like to see us to take, I think. Nurture him as we have done our other wingers and he could be dynamite for us

Quote : One of the most physically gifted wingers in the world, Montero is a technical virtuoso capable of making any opponent look foolish when he takes him on one-on-one. He's small, but incredibly quick, and he can do things with a ball most players can only dream of.

love it !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jeff signs. on 11:08 - Jul 7 with 2031 viewsJackSomething

Jeff signs. on 10:49 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

Really? That's what we're doing now? Questionable "big names", former players or players who've played well against us?

Doesn't seem like there's any kind of plan with this window's transfer dealings.

Yeah, I'm devastated to have signed an international and cup-winning goalkeeper from Arsenal, a French international striker rated at £10m last summer and spent relative peanuts on a player who's proved he's worthy of a squad place during his loan spell.

I'm confident in saying there is a plan, just the club are hardly going to come out and tell us all about it. Don't believe every rumour you hear, that will help for a start.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:11]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jeff signs. on 11:22 - Jul 7 with 1957 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:08 - Jul 7 by JackSomething

Yeah, I'm devastated to have signed an international and cup-winning goalkeeper from Arsenal, a French international striker rated at £10m last summer and spent relative peanuts on a player who's proved he's worthy of a squad place during his loan spell.

I'm confident in saying there is a plan, just the club are hardly going to come out and tell us all about it. Don't believe every rumour you hear, that will help for a start.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:11]

Henrique Hilario is an international and cup-winning goalkeeper, maybe we should have signed him? Fabianski was underwhelming at best during his time at Arsenal.

Gomis looks good but severely lacks pace and that's only going to get worse as he ages. We've spent big on a player who is essentially a lesser version of Bony.

Marvin Emnes is a squad player who hopefully won't see much playing time.

If you can honestly look at our dealings (and rumoured dealings) so far this summer and tell me there's a plan then you're a hell of a lot more optimistic than me.
Jeff signs. on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 1913 viewsMagicDaps

He'd be a decent enough signing, he'd be an improvement on Lamah and £4 million isn't the worst fee for him but I don't think he's any better than what we currently have.

He might be a much more exciting players to watch than Payet, but he's not at the same level as him. I'd be dissapointed if we signed this guy to be perfectly honest, because I would want someone who can consistently score goals or get assists.

We'd still be missing a good crosser out wide which is what Bony and Gomis need in my opinion.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Login to get fewer ads

Jeff signs. on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 1912 viewsmacthejack

Jeff signs. on 11:22 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

Henrique Hilario is an international and cup-winning goalkeeper, maybe we should have signed him? Fabianski was underwhelming at best during his time at Arsenal.

Gomis looks good but severely lacks pace and that's only going to get worse as he ages. We've spent big on a player who is essentially a lesser version of Bony.

Marvin Emnes is a squad player who hopefully won't see much playing time.

If you can honestly look at our dealings (and rumoured dealings) so far this summer and tell me there's a plan then you're a hell of a lot more optimistic than me.

You realise we got Gomis for free right?

Jonjo Shelvey was "underwhelming" during his time at Liverpool, now look at him. You're right Emnes is a squad player, and a good one at that, clearly able to make an impact on games. Cheer up mate, it might do you a world of good.
Jeff signs. on 11:38 - Jul 7 with 1854 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:29 - Jul 7 by macthejack

You realise we got Gomis for free right?

Jonjo Shelvey was "underwhelming" during his time at Liverpool, now look at him. You're right Emnes is a squad player, and a good one at that, clearly able to make an impact on games. Cheer up mate, it might do you a world of good.

You realise he's not playing for free right?

Well here's hoping the signings work out, I do worry about Fabianski dealing with crosses though especially after Vorm was chastised for his flapping.

I remember in our first season in the Prem and Laudrup's first season we were buying players to fit a system that the manager had in mind. It just doesn't feel like it this season.

Just an opinion like.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:39]
Jeff signs. on 11:41 - Jul 7 with 1838 viewsUxbridge

We needed another striker and goalie. We signed a new striker and goalie.

We have a need for another winger. We're trying to sign one.

Seems to be planned well enough to me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jeff signs. on 11:41 - Jul 7 with 1831 viewsDrizzle

Jeff signs. on 11:38 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

You realise he's not playing for free right?

Well here's hoping the signings work out, I do worry about Fabianski dealing with crosses though especially after Vorm was chastised for his flapping.

I remember in our first season in the Prem and Laudrup's first season we were buying players to fit a system that the manager had in mind. It just doesn't feel like it this season.

Just an opinion like.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:39]

An opinion that requires mind reading ability for your statement to be true. We haven't even kicked a ball and your are second guessing Monks intentions. Good luck with that. I'm off to buy some popcorn.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:43]
Jeff signs. on 11:44 - Jul 7 with 1811 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:41 - Jul 7 by Drizzle

An opinion that requires mind reading ability for your statement to be true. We haven't even kicked a ball and your are second guessing Monks intentions. Good luck with that. I'm off to buy some popcorn.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 11:43]

OK thanks for your response.
Jeff signs. on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 1796 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeff signs. on 10:49 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

The plan seems to be to get rid of the Spaniards...

Edit: Ooh let me guess..."dailew"? Yep.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2014 12:25]
Jeff signs. on 11:47 - Jul 7 with 1784 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:41 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

We needed another striker and goalie. We signed a new striker and goalie.

We have a need for another winger. We're trying to sign one.

Seems to be planned well enough to me.

In my opinion we needed a striker with pace to better compliment Bony. We didn't get that in Gomis.

Due to the number of goals we conceded from crosses last season I'd have liked an aerially dominant goalkeeper. Instead we got a goalkeeper nicknamed "Flappianski" by Arsenal fans.

We need a winger who can cross a ball, we're reportedly after Jefferson Montero - a player who is incredibly quick and skilful but often flatters to deceive with his end product.
Jeff signs. on 11:52 - Jul 7 with 1644 viewsUxbridge

Jeff signs. on 11:47 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

In my opinion we needed a striker with pace to better compliment Bony. We didn't get that in Gomis.

Due to the number of goals we conceded from crosses last season I'd have liked an aerially dominant goalkeeper. Instead we got a goalkeeper nicknamed "Flappianski" by Arsenal fans.

We need a winger who can cross a ball, we're reportedly after Jefferson Montero - a player who is incredibly quick and skilful but often flatters to deceive with his end product.

So, you're saying we signed the wrong players? That's entirely different to saying there's no plan.

Time will tell if they're any good. Got doubts too, but there's clearly a plan.

Jeff signs. on 11:55 - Jul 7 with 1621 viewsswanny

Jeff signs. on 01:11 - Jul 7 by Highjack

I've only watched this Jeff play live once, and it might have been a friendly but by Christ almighty above and his holy mother Mandy or whatever her name was he was a terrifyingly fast bastard.

I read that as 'terrifyingly fat bastard'....I thought we was getting Bayo Mk II

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Jeff signs. on 11:58 - Jul 7 with 1595 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:52 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

So, you're saying we signed the wrong players? That's entirely different to saying there's no plan.

Time will tell if they're any good. Got doubts too, but there's clearly a plan.

Well not really, not addressing issues in the squad and just signing players that are available suggests the lack of a clear plan.

That's exacerbated by the constant links to former players and the likes of Montero (who I doubt we'd even know if it wasn't for that friendly).

We'll have to agree to disagree, Uxbridge. I hope you're right though.
Jeff signs. on 11:59 - Jul 7 with 1590 viewsDyfnant

We need a left footed version of Dyer, hopefully that's being sorted.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jeff signs. on 11:59 - Jul 7 with 1584 viewsUxbridge

Jeff signs. on 11:58 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

Well not really, not addressing issues in the squad and just signing players that are available suggests the lack of a clear plan.

That's exacerbated by the constant links to former players and the likes of Montero (who I doubt we'd even know if it wasn't for that friendly).

Well, signing players in the positions that we seem weak would suggest a plan to me, but aye agree to disagree.

Jeff signs. on 12:03 - Jul 7 with 1564 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 11:59 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

Well, signing players in the positions that we seem weak would suggest a plan to me, but aye agree to disagree.

Signing players in positions of need is a given.
Jeff signs. on 12:03 - Jul 7 with 1560 viewsMattG

Jeff signs. on 11:47 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

So do you think Gomis will be playing alongside Bony? Can't see that happening too often as it would require a fairly significant overhaul of the system we play.

Much more likely, IMO, that we'd get a second striker who is quite similar in style to Bony and look to the likes of Michu / Emnes / Hernandez etc. to link up with them.
Jeff signs. on 12:11 - Jul 7 with 1506 viewsJackSomething

Jeff signs. on 11:58 - Jul 7 by Fitzy

To be fair to the club, it's difficult to sign players that are unavailable.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jeff signs. on 12:13 - Jul 7 with 1497 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 12:03 - Jul 7 by MattG

So do you think Gomis will be playing alongside Bony? Can't see that happening too often as it would require a fairly significant overhaul of the system we play.

Much more likely, IMO, that we'd get a second striker who is quite similar in style to Bony and look to the likes of Michu / Emnes / Hernandez etc. to link up with them.

He's already come out and said that he thinks he can play alongside Bony. It's odd to pay him so much money and only use him when Bony is away for the ACON or injured. I like the depth but would have been a lot more comfortable with a player who offers something a little different to Bony and I thought that we suffered from a lack of pace up front to fully benefit from Bony's link up play.

I don't think Hernandez is a good finisher and not a second striker type player but more of a traditional number 10. Michu is as good as gone and Emnes' awful first touch will prevent him from being effective in that role other than in the last 10-15 minutes of games.
Jeff signs. on 12:15 - Jul 7 with 1471 viewsFitzy

Jeff signs. on 12:11 - Jul 7 by JackSomething

To be fair to the club, it's difficult to sign players that are unavailable.

That made me laugh.

To be fair there's a bit of a difference between signing a free agent and actively targeting another team's player who will fit your system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024