Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Friendly 13:41 - Jul 26 with 12277 viewsrosseeles

Rio Starting.
Todays Friendly on 19:15 - Jul 26 with 1878 viewsJonDoeman

Todays Friendly on 17:09 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

Say it every year. Anyone who draws any kind of major conclusion from a pre season friendly is a fool. Best to ignore them (friendlies). They are training games snd that's it, rarely do they have any reflection whatsoever on how the season will go. If they did mean something, hogan ephraim would be playing for Bayern by now and Madrid would have just retired the no.11 shirt in honour of leroy griffiths.

Agree with this!

Didn't see the match , but disappointed to hear that Hoilett & Traore weren't available. Carrying their injury prone ways into the new season. I hate delicate players!!

It Is What It Is !!

Todays Friendly on 20:08 - Jul 26 with 1786 viewsingeminate

Todays Friendly on 19:15 - Jul 26 by JonDoeman

Agree with this!

Didn't see the match , but disappointed to hear that Hoilett & Traore weren't available. Carrying their injury prone ways into the new season. I hate delicate players!!

Thing is when you look at the squad /team and think no creativity no goals then pre season or not it would be nice to see something you've missed.

We didn't score much in the championship - not sure where the goals are going to come from in the prem.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Todays Friendly on 13:10 - Jul 27 with 1464 viewsPinnerPaul

Todays Friendly on 15:28 - Jul 26 by 08olesen

The two back 3s we put out in each half were not exactly bad were they though. It was more the movement going forward which was disappointing. Even though its only pre season, we are only 3 weeks away from Hull and that was very poor.

It is clear we need a lot more quality in. That midfield has looked weak in both games and you can argue that its only pre-season, but the opposition are poor and you expect after a week of intense work, to be able to produce a more refined performance. We hardly got into their box all game.

Good points, can't really argue with any of that but still way too early to ditch new formation IMHO.
Todays Friendly on 19:22 - Jul 27 with 1384 viewssmegma

Todays Friendly on 19:15 - Jul 26 by JonDoeman

Agree with this!

Both were sat in the press box wearing flipflops
Todays Friendly on 07:23 - Jul 28 with 1309 viewsderbyhoop

Off the field we may have learned lessons but on field it is the same old story. We're short on creativity in midfield. Take out Granero, Hoilett and Traore and we're desperately short. Last season we approached the first game with Austin, 2 crocks and a promising youngster. This year we have Austin and a recovering crock.
At this stage we don't look equipped.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Todays Friendly on 07:40 - Jul 28 with 1295 viewsCHUBBS

Todays Friendly on 07:23 - Jul 28 by derbyhoop

Off the field we may have learned lessons but on field it is the same old story. We're short on creativity in midfield. Take out Granero, Hoilett and Traore and we're desperately short. Last season we approached the first game with Austin, 2 crocks and a promising youngster. This year we have Austin and a recovering crock.
At this stage we don't look equipped.

Well we've created a rod for our own back with our previous transfer policy in the Premier league.
Agents are now so used to treating us as meal tickets that they're just not willing to negotiate reasonable contracts and RIGHTLY TF is not willing to hand out the ridiculous deals he once did.
I'd rather we sign nobody than waste fortunes on players who are only coming for the money.
Todays Friendly on 07:53 - Jul 28 with 1284 viewsWeaverQPR

Theres a very fine between being cautious with your money and being left behind. My worry is the board are so intent on not being mugged off this will stop us from paying the money needed to get the players we need. It all points towards a deadline day bonanza.

@WeavQPR

Todays Friendly on 09:35 - Jul 28 with 1223 viewsderbyhoop

Todays Friendly on 07:53 - Jul 28 by WeaverQPR

Theres a very fine between being cautious with your money and being left behind. My worry is the board are so intent on not being mugged off this will stop us from paying the money needed to get the players we need. It all points towards a deadline day bonanza.

That's the worry. Because there's always bargains to be had when the agents know a club is desperate.
That's not the intention but it does seem like we're struggling to get deals finalised. Probably because a more sensible policy is so far removed from previous behavior.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Todays Friendly on 10:18 - Jul 28 with 1191 viewsWatfordR

Band of Brothers in the Championship we may eventually have had, but there are very few of them potentially worth a place in the Prem. Green, Simpson, Traore, Yun, Onuoha, Barton, Phillips, Hoilett, Austin, Remy if he stays and maybe Faurlin if he recovers. And if rumours are to be believed, we are set to play a system that marginalises a few of those.

We are miles off a competitive Prem squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024