Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager 17:21 - Aug 20 with 17188 viewsEsgaroth

SSN, Talks have broken down ffs

Just when you think the deal is done it goes pear shaped.

They had better not turn to Glen
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 17:22]

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:23 - Aug 20 with 7737 viewsJuzzie

Meanwhile SkyBet managers dancing with joy with all the money rolling in from SSN "understands" type of reports.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:25 - Aug 20 with 7697 viewsloftboy

Bet it was transfer kitty rather than personal terms

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 7678 viewsGrifter

Hoddle's a total no go, didn't he give an interview saying he's not interested? He's got too many commitments atm to be a manager
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:28 - Aug 20 with 7663 viewsTacticalR

Everyone knows the karma in SE25 is bad. No wonder Pulis left in a hurry.

Air hostess clique

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:28 - Aug 20 with 7657 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This is interesting.
I can't help thinking Steve Parrish is holding onto those purse strings a bit too tight.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:32 - Aug 20 with 7623 viewsDWQPR

There is only one man for the job in my opinion, a man who has saved them from a relegation once before.........

Step forward Paul Hart!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:34 - Aug 20 with 7601 viewsTacticalR

It's like the Amityville Horror. It nearly destroyed Ian Holloway.

Air hostess clique

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 17:43 - Aug 20 with 7525 viewseghamranger

Sherwood will take it, rubbish manager and desperate for work. Clearly palace have no money this year and it's a hot potato.
Login to get fewer ads

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 18:08 - Aug 20 with 7409 viewscoolranger

I find it amazing that out of work managers are probably looking at a £1.5 million per annum job plus bonuses for staying up and so on, and....they turn it down because they won't be given enough budget for transfers and so on.

Why not take the job and do the best you can with what the club are prepared to give you?
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 18:12 - Aug 20 with 7372 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smart managers pick chairmen, not clubs, so they say...

Surely Palace must be due another stint with Alan Smith or Steve Coppell? They have to employ at least one of them every three years don't they? Isn't it part of their constitution drawn up a few years after they were the Team of the 80s?

Bare bones.

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 18:32 - Aug 20 with 7278 viewsMatch82

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 18:08 - Aug 20 by coolranger

I find it amazing that out of work managers are probably looking at a £1.5 million per annum job plus bonuses for staying up and so on, and....they turn it down because they won't be given enough budget for transfers and so on.

Why not take the job and do the best you can with what the club are prepared to give you?

These days, half of them are still being paid for the last job they were at where the chairman handed them a 4 year contract then sacked them after 6 months.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 19:15 - Aug 20 with 7127 viewsTacticalR

But what is the job?

They seem to be looking for a Paul Jewell-like figure who can guide the club out of the Premiership in short order.

My understanding is that if any candidate mentions avoiding relegation the interview is terminated immediately.

Air hostess clique

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 20:16 - Aug 20 with 6941 viewsWestonsuperR

Really good news for us that he turned it down, I really rate Mackay and this will now make it even more difficult for them to finish a move us. Let's hope they turn to Sherwood, potential to be a disaster.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 22:11 - Aug 20 with 6635 viewsEalingRanger

According to Sam Wallace on twitter Hoddle turned down the Palace job.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 22:28 - Aug 20 with 6569 viewsCiderwithRsie

If I thought I could get £1.5m per year I certainly wouldn't take a job with an owner/boss who I thought would make like miserable for me. If you don't need the job to keep a roof over your head, why would you take a job which is going to have no job satisfaction?

After Pulis left, I think anyone worth their salt would take quite a bit of persuading to take on the Palace job. A bit like us back under Briatore [shudder]
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 22:36 - Aug 20 with 6535 viewsganjR

How weird this thread is, I agree with every post so far, bizarre.
I find Malky to be an egotistical pr!ck but thought and still reckon it may happen, that he will be the new Head Nigel.
Something I picked up on that Parrish said on MOTD was that Pullis didn't think that the targets that the club had, suited him, which to me said that he wasn't choosing the players being brought in.
When it was rumoured that another egotistical pr!ck in my view, wouldn't get the job cos of him wanting to bring his own staff in, seemed strange as surely any new boss would want his own team around him.
If they do decide on Hoddle, that to me would reak of desperation as he had been out of the English game since, what, 2006?
Martin Jol was the other reported runner for the job, if he gets it. It'll blatantly be a rush job and quick fix.
Palace are the biggest 'nothing' club in London to me.
Fulham have a quirky ground, Orient have a quirky name, Charlton have the 'back at the Valley' history, but Palace.... Always thought they had a Surrey postcode tbf.
Pointless club with no mark fans, crap ground and a decent nickname 'Eagles'. Quality birds of prey, weird kit.
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:01 - Aug 20 with 6469 viewsscot1963

seems it's not Mackay who has seen the light and turned it down but Palace who have backed out due to something very serious that happened at Cardiff which is under investigation - news has just said
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:04 - Aug 20 with 6453 viewsTheBlob

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:01 - Aug 20 by scot1963

seems it's not Mackay who has seen the light and turned it down but Palace who have backed out due to something very serious that happened at Cardiff which is under investigation - news has just said

What was that then?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:06 - Aug 20 with 6446 viewsDWQPR

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 22:36 - Aug 20 by ganjR

How weird this thread is, I agree with every post so far, bizarre.
I find Malky to be an egotistical pr!ck but thought and still reckon it may happen, that he will be the new Head Nigel.
Something I picked up on that Parrish said on MOTD was that Pullis didn't think that the targets that the club had, suited him, which to me said that he wasn't choosing the players being brought in.
When it was rumoured that another egotistical pr!ck in my view, wouldn't get the job cos of him wanting to bring his own staff in, seemed strange as surely any new boss would want his own team around him.
If they do decide on Hoddle, that to me would reak of desperation as he had been out of the English game since, what, 2006?
Martin Jol was the other reported runner for the job, if he gets it. It'll blatantly be a rush job and quick fix.
Palace are the biggest 'nothing' club in London to me.
Fulham have a quirky ground, Orient have a quirky name, Charlton have the 'back at the Valley' history, but Palace.... Always thought they had a Surrey postcode tbf.
Pointless club with no mark fans, crap ground and a decent nickname 'Eagles'. Quality birds of prey, weird kit.

Nickname is quite a new fabrication over the last 25 years or so, original nickname was the Glaziers, but obviously had the need to reinvent itself as a club. Agree cannot think why anybody would want to support them, London's equivalent to Coventry City. And as for the Palace 'Ultras', or fūck sake, can't somebody lob a can of the Ebola virus into them, most annoying thing introduced to football in this country since Alan Ball's voice.

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:08 - Aug 20 with 6442 viewsscot1963

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:04 - Aug 20 by TheBlob

What was that then?

no idea as the reporter was very guarded and wouldn't expand further other than it's serious and Mackay had issued an apology to Tan! Been sneaking a peek to see if the Cardiff forum is talking about it but so far only found this which is back in May

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=141315&start=90
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:17 - Aug 20 with 6407 viewsganjR

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:04 - Aug 20 by TheBlob

What was that then?

I'd hazard a guess and say it was him rinsing them out basically.
Spent ALOT!
Looking at the sub standard earlier on me way to look after me old mans gaff on the Rocki in Elephant & Castle (too much info admittedly) and the article on him had his top spends.
At Watford: Finished 14th and 16th, Deeney (£500,000). Sh!t finished but great move, player wise.
Cardiff: 6th, lost 5-0 over 2 legs to West Ham, then top.
Medel £11m (went to Inter? For £10m?), Caulker £8m (us £8m), Helenius? £7.5m.
No profit really, probably a loss and probably a huge loss on the Dane.
Wasn't it said that he spent way over the budget?
My instincts are never wrong and of course, I don't know the guy, but I really don't like Malky.
Who will be the new Nigel though.???
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:21 - Aug 20 with 6390 viewsDWQPR

Found this thread on the Cardiff forum. Looks very damning.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146089

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:27 - Aug 20 with 6356 viewsscot1963

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:21 - Aug 20 by DWQPR

Found this thread on the Cardiff forum. Looks very damning.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146089

oh dear - the whole range of misdemeanours then. They did mention it wasn't to do with the transfer spending so was thinking along the lines of at least one of those perhaps
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 23:29]
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:54 - Aug 20 with 6283 viewsbaz_qpr

Just read the mail article, wow that is some scandal the guy will never work again
Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:57 - Aug 20 with 6276 viewsganjR

Malkay Mackay NOT Palace manager on 23:54 - Aug 20 by baz_qpr

Just read the mail article, wow that is some scandal the guy will never work again

Can you do a brief thingy on the article? As I can't find or be arsed to read it mate?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024