Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder 11:04 - Sep 21 with 1841 viewsclassof93

Seeing the difference Henry made when he came on ( as discussed in another thread) could Ferdinand not play in a defensive midfielder role? The lack of pace may not be as exposed if in a five man midfield. He could sit in front of the defence and break up play.
Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 11:07 - Sep 21 with 1828 viewsloftboy

Square peg in a round hole? Henry did ok yesterday in what is his. Natural position, why play Rio out of position jut to shoehorn him into the side.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 11:13 - Sep 21 with 1813 viewsbosh67

I think this is a sensible argument. At the moment in the back 4 Rio is the man who is consistently running for and just missing the bus. For me it should be Isla Cauker Ned and Yun at the back anyway. We'll give Isla the benefit of a bad game because he can move. We need pace at this level at the back and Rio is the weak link at the moment. As sweeper, perhaps, he would have more time to see the game.

However, and at the risk of some QPR fans throwing there ballot papers at me and being made to quieten down by the speaker, Henry is younger, fitter and although it may alarm some people here, better at the moment than Rio.

Rio is a better player than his brother, don't get me wrong. But, not that much better. If he wasn't Rio Ferdinand, triffick lad, fantastic boy, would he be in this team at the moment? Ned may not be technically better than Rio but he is stronger, younger, faster and for strikers now, more scary to deal with. Ned and Cauker will grow. Rio and Cauker won't.

Also I just don't think Rio is up to playing every game. Harry puts too much on sentiment and not on form.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 11:17 - Sep 21 with 1792 viewsEalingRanger

He has never played anywhere near his best when tried as a midfielder and this was back when Rio actually had some pace. He's not going to change position age 35 and do any better than Barton/Sandro/Henry in the role.
Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 13:21 - Sep 21 with 1721 viewsfrancisbowles

Not a bad idea given the problems with the back four and the current injuries in midfield.

One way of getting Ned's pace into the team and some cover for the problem left side of the center backs.

Henry does well in the role but Rio would probably add more defensive experience and aerial ability when defending set plays.
Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 15:14 - Sep 21 with 1638 viewsHollowayRanger

-------------------------green---------------------------
---------------onouha ferdinad caulker------------
isla --------------------------------------------------traore
------------------------henry----------------------------
-------------- -fer----------------hoilett------------
----------------------kranjar----------------------------
---------------------Austin------------------------------------

with faulin mutch barton taarabt and sandro all out

or conservative

green
isla onouha culker traore
phillips fey henry hoilett
-----------kranjar-----------
-----------Austin-----------

in two very hard away games Southampton wet spam

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ferdinand as a defensive midfielder on 15:15 - Sep 21 with 1636 viewsNorthernr

Ferdinand on the bench on yesterday's evidence. Miles and miles off the pace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024