Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? 08:44 - Oct 28 with 1899 viewsyankranger

Thought Green was great last night. I would have voted McCarthy after Liverpool, not so sure now.

A huge positive that we have both of these players.
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:06 - Oct 28 with 1878 viewsElHoop

We shouldn't fiddle around - let this team settle down for a few games and make the odd tactical change here and there.
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:09 - Oct 28 with 1862 viewsBluce_Ree

Green is the king.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:24 - Oct 28 with 1842 viewsrobith

While Green's triple save was tremendous keeping and boosted his confidence, his distribution was poor and a big step down from McCarthy, and he made some really questionable decisions early on.

Personally I think McCarthy should've retained his place, but we probably have to stick with Green now
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:30 - Oct 28 with 1827 viewsPommyhoop

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:24 - Oct 28 by robith

While Green's triple save was tremendous keeping and boosted his confidence, his distribution was poor and a big step down from McCarthy, and he made some really questionable decisions early on.

Personally I think McCarthy should've retained his place, but we probably have to stick with Green now

Agree with this. If McCarthy was not injured I feel he shoulve retained his place.I feel no.body should just waltze back into the team if there replacement is playing well.
I dont believe Barton should just turn up and kick Henry out of the team when he's fit either.
Do what other teams do ,introduce them as subs ,make them work to be picked.
I hope RIO never sets foot on a pitch wearing our hoops ever again but thats another thread..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:38 - Oct 28 with 1818 viewsElHoop

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:30 - Oct 28 by Pommyhoop

Agree with this. If McCarthy was not injured I feel he shoulve retained his place.I feel no.body should just waltze back into the team if there replacement is playing well.
I dont believe Barton should just turn up and kick Henry out of the team when he's fit either.
Do what other teams do ,introduce them as subs ,make them work to be picked.
I hope RIO never sets foot on a pitch wearing our hoops ever again but thats another thread..

OK so McCarthy shouldn't waltz back into the team now that he is injured?
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:45 - Oct 28 with 1794 viewsozexile

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:38 - Oct 28 by ElHoop

Green made an incredible save in the first half. A cracking volley was hit at him and bounced just before it reached him and he caught it superbly. Top night for him.
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:49 - Oct 28 with 1780 viewsbosh67

To be fair Green was in top form and the triple save was probably the best I have seen at Loftus Road since Royston's miracle save from Akinbiyi a number of years back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 1777 viewsPommyhoop

Nope I meant he should've been picked if he was'nt injured..After his Liverpool performance .
Unfortunately for him he got injured and now Greeno had a brilliant game he shouldnt be picked ahead of Greeno. Pressures on Green now to perform which is good for us.
Healthy competition for places did no one any harm.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:56 - Oct 28 with 1762 viewsElHoop

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 09:50 - Oct 28 by Pommyhoop

Nope I meant he should've been picked if he was'nt injured..After his Liverpool performance .
Unfortunately for him he got injured and now Greeno had a brilliant game he shouldnt be picked ahead of Greeno. Pressures on Green now to perform which is good for us.
Healthy competition for places did no one any harm.

I've seen McCarthy a couple of times and am a bit concerned that he's overrated by some, but maybe I just saw him on the wrong days. He's definitely had some weaknesses but he may have fixed them. Too early to say, but i wouldn't want to deflate Green or at least that's to be avoided until we see how far McCarthy can be inflated. In a way, it helps if one or other of them gets injured every now and then. As someone has said, Green's own distribution wasn't too great last night.
Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 10:04 - Oct 28 with 1744 viewssimmo

It's such a shame for McCarthy, has his chance to make the No1 shirt his own, does well and looks in line to do that, but misses out last minute. Green, to his credit, took the pressure of someone else wanting his spot on board and produced a strong performance including those saves to retain the all too rare clean sheet...

Although I think McCarthy is better and our long term option, it should be Greens place to lose now and big Alex will have to wait again....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Refresh of previous question - McCarthy or Green? on 10:12 - Oct 28 with 1735 viewsCiderwithRsie

That would be my position.

I'd have kept McCarthy in if he was fit, but he wasn't so Green played. Green did well so he keeps his place unless he's not fit or loses form.

We have two good keepers, both seem to have the right attitude. The competition is good for both of them but they each need to know they get a fair crack of the whip, otherwise one of them will think there's no point in trying. And swapping to and fro without a really good reason is very unsettling both for the keepers an the defence in front of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024