Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? 11:16 - Oct 28 with 6194 viewsHooparoo

I just think it's not a coincidence that we are starting to play with pace and movement now that Hoddle has settled in and Harry has had some kind of warning from TF.

Seeing some patterns of play that we have never seen under Harry with young players like Yun finally getting a crack at the first team. Has to be Glenda's influence growing surely?

Whatever it is - I like it!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 10:49 - Oct 29 with 963 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm not sure Hoddle or any manager worth the name would plan to concede 65% possession. I know we are short of positive things so a win is positive, but it seems we may have Rob Green to thank for it. Perhaps now Green has serious competition for his position he has focused a bit more. Whatever the reason two very good saves from him was one of the main reasons we won. It seems we have decided the more direct route to goal might work a bit better and again I'm not sure that is a Hallmark of Hoddle's philosophy, but may have more to do with Les Ferdinand. Our goals were good and welcome but far from spectacular. Most of the changes could be put down to injuries, so not necessarily inspired managerial selection. I'm not convinced very much has changed except a win against a side who were poor in using their superior possession and unlucky on the day. A performance like that is unlikely to yield much in the next two games, but the result may help team building and confidence.

Who's Next?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:59 - Oct 29 with 918 viewsPinnerPaul

and you're ignoring the fact that Hoddle has been here for much longer than 3 weeks!!!!
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:27 - Oct 29 with 898 viewsjohncharles

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:59 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

and you're ignoring the fact that Hoddle has been here for much longer than 3 weeks!!!!

After the WHU game, that's 3 weeks ago, Hoddle took OVER training. Since then the team has radically improved. Not an unreasonable supposition to give credit to Hoddle ( right or wrong) but it would be easier to explain quantum physics to some people.

Strong and stable my arse.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:21 - Oct 29 with 861 viewsMonkey_Roots

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:27 - Oct 29 by johncharles

After the WHU game, that's 3 weeks ago, Hoddle took OVER training. Since then the team has radically improved. Not an unreasonable supposition to give credit to Hoddle ( right or wrong) but it would be easier to explain quantum physics to some people.

I think I you're just going to have to accept that when we do bad, Harry gets it in the neck. When we do well, he has to get the credit, it's only fair.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:50 - Oct 29 with 850 viewsjohncharles

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:21 - Oct 29 by Monkey_Roots

I think I you're just going to have to accept that when we do bad, Harry gets it in the neck. When we do well, he has to get the credit, it's only fair.

Ah well, back to quantum physics it is then.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 19:51]

Strong and stable my arse.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 21:17 - Oct 29 with 811 viewsRangersAreBack

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 07:48 - Oct 29 by hoopdog

Imo we would be mugs not to have Glen Hoddle to take over from H R , in time
but this recent improvement in form is the H R effect , he at last has the players available to make an improvement for the 1st time thi season
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 7:50]

Really? He's done little of any note as a manager for some years now.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:29 - Oct 30 with 739 viewsPinnerPaul

and of course the fact that Hoddle took OVER training at that moment is a fact of course.

I happen to know it isn't but there you go, must get back to the physics books
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 15:52 - Oct 30 with 703 viewsLoft1979

Evidence? Link?
Login to get fewer ads

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 15:57 - Oct 30 with 701 viewsLoft1979

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 15:52 - Oct 30 by Loft1979

Evidence? Link?

Interesting debate here now! For a solid year we asked what bond and Jordan did, while the obvious philosophies of MCClaren were played out.
Is it now obvious that Glenda Has surpassed the others to be THE first team coach- team manager? HR being free to beguile, and Hoddle can focus on coaching without distraction? west London had said that Hoddle was only brought in Part time....
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:27 - Oct 30 with 687 viewsQPR1882

The team have improved because formations have changed and players have been dropped, I would credit Sir Les with this.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:28 - Oct 30 with 685 viewsdaveB

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:27 - Oct 30 by QPR1882

The team have improved because formations have changed and players have been dropped, I would credit Sir Les with this.

why? Ferdinand has been quite clear in saying he has nothing to do with the first team thats all down to the manager. Is it really so hard to say Redknapp got it right for 2 matches
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:35 - Oct 30 with 673 viewssimmo

Whether we like it or not, this recent upturn in performance, commitment and results are more than likely down to Redknapp. He has been visibly rattled since West Ham, he's showing a bit of fight, some tenacity and enthusiasm for a job that previously looked completely beneath him. Its obvious he has the potential to be a very good manager in this league especially when he has something to prove and that has been the case in the last few weeks with fans, pundits and even the media starting to question him. Let's hope it's maintained and the board stil make the right decision to replace him when the time comes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:41 - Oct 30 with 667 viewsQPR1882

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:28 - Oct 30 by daveB

why? Ferdinand has been quite clear in saying he has nothing to do with the first team thats all down to the manager. Is it really so hard to say Redknapp got it right for 2 matches

There has been a massive change in Harry since Les came in he has started to look like he cares about QPR, in interviews he talks about us and not how triffic the team,fans,history etc etc of the team we are playing he has even stood up at HQ for the 1st time in god knows how many games. Harry's favourite players Rio and Nicko were dropped for a reason and it was not down to injury. Giving Charlie some help at last , playing Yun at last ,as you say all these little things may be a 100% coincidence with Les coming in, I think differently.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 17:54]
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:09 - Oct 30 with 647 viewsfakekerby

Niko has been left out due to injury and was our best player until he got injured so it's a bit harsh to put him in the same bracket as Rio
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:45 - Oct 30 with 634 viewsQPR1882

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:09 - Oct 30 by fakekerby

Niko has been left out due to injury and was our best player until he got injured so it's a bit harsh to put him in the same bracket as Rio

Apart from few free kicks I would have to disagree Niko was our best player, Harry's best player maybe.

I only put Rio and Niko together because they were the 2 Harry seemed was never going to drop, not because they are at this stage of there career the same quality as Niko is miles ahead of Rio.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2014 17:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024