Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? 11:16 - Oct 28 with 6193 viewsHooparoo

I just think it's not a coincidence that we are starting to play with pace and movement now that Hoddle has settled in and Harry has had some kind of warning from TF.

Seeing some patterns of play that we have never seen under Harry with young players like Yun finally getting a crack at the first team. Has to be Glenda's influence growing surely?

Whatever it is - I like it!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:55 - Oct 28 with 1343 viewsbaz_qpr

Strange suggestion, we've abandoned passing football and gone long ball and its Hoddle's influence. No this is needs must, a Pulis or Big Sam approach, go direct aggressive and simple, no fancy stuff battle to get through. I think this is more down to HR taking control rather than just letting every one get on with it as it seems he had been.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 14:02 - Oct 28 with 1337 viewsjohncharles

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:14 - Oct 28 by PinnerPaul

Yes but as Dave says where is the evidence for blaming the poor performances on Harry but giving all the credit for improvement to Glenn Hoddle all of a sudden?

"the last 3 weeks" & "since the West Ham game"
These are the bits you're ignoring.

Strong and stable my arse.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 14:13 - Oct 28 with 1323 viewsPunteR

Not sure if its Hoddle's influence. I think the players are starting to play as a team and working for one and other. Zamora starting games is key.
Henry is also a key player that's bossing the midfield more. Dropping Rio and bringing in Dunne also has made a big difference.
Isla is getting to grips at RB. Vargas should be first name on the sheet and Yun is the icing on the cake in terms of players getting into there stride playing for QPR.
Its still work in progress but i can see this team hitting a bit of form now.
Hoddle,Rednapp,Ferdinand have all probably influenced this turn around,one way or other.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 14:19 - Oct 28 with 1310 viewsadhoc_qpr

Haven't we already established Hoddle is just doing a bit of part time skills training?

I'm sure Dave McIntyre said something along those lines, it's not the same as when McLaren was coaching here full time.

Injuries and shocking performances may have forced his hand, but Harry has started picking the likes of Yun, Onouha, Dunne etc and the performances have improved as a result.

Not having Rio 'Clanger' Ferdinand next time him seems to have improved Caulker's game no end barring an unfortunate own goals vs Liverpool.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 14:25 - Oct 28 with 1299 viewsdanehoop

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:43 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

An individual's "assessment" cannot be factual. It's not possible. It's an oxymoron.

Your assessment is your subjective analysis, which drives your opinion, to which you are perfectly entitled. It is not, however, "factual".

To help you with some examples:

Saying we lost 4-0 to Spurs is a "fact". Saying it was a "freak" result is your opinion. And one that doesn't seem to be backed up by evidence when we lost the following away game 4-0 too.

Saying we missed a penalty against Hull is a "fact". Saying we "played well" or "deserved something" is your opinion.

We went through this a few years back with "gazza" posting "FACTS" left, right and centre, when they were merely his opinion.

ATAF!

Never knowingly understood

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 14:34 - Oct 28 with 1279 viewsQPRMUSO

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:14 - Oct 28 by THEBUSH

For me the point is, Redknapp made the call to bring Hoddle in.
If Hoddle's influence is finally bringing in some positive aspects to our play, Redknapp must get the credit for that !!

I agree with this, Redknapp should get the credit for attracting Hoddle to the coaching staff. I can see the passing influence coming from Hoddle starting to make a difference, he was after all the best passer of the ball in his day in the top flight.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 15:31 - Oct 28 with 1232 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 13:43 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

An individual's "assessment" cannot be factual. It's not possible. It's an oxymoron.

Your assessment is your subjective analysis, which drives your opinion, to which you are perfectly entitled. It is not, however, "factual".

To help you with some examples:

Saying we lost 4-0 to Spurs is a "fact". Saying it was a "freak" result is your opinion. And one that doesn't seem to be backed up by evidence when we lost the following away game 4-0 too.

Saying we missed a penalty against Hull is a "fact". Saying we "played well" or "deserved something" is your opinion.

We went through this a few years back with "gazza" posting "FACTS" left, right and centre, when they were merely his opinion.

Ok , beat me up for one incorrect word . I accept that assessment is grammatically incorrect. I made a mistake . I was in the process of paying £893.93 for car insurance , its my only excuse ..kill me now

My accounts of the home games are factual , If Charlie scores the penalty we draw and are unbeaten . If we do not score two own goals we beat Liverpool 2-1.

I dont need help with examples thanks .

If I had the time to look I think I could find plenty of examples of newly promoted teams beating "top" teams in the early weeks of their first season . "Freak may also be the wrong word but you get my drift ?

In all seriousness and you probably didnt intend it but to compare me to Gazza is an insult

I respect all the views on here , try to put IMO where I am going out on a limb and never ever patronise the members of this board by referring to them as "punters" ....
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:39 - Oct 28 with 1174 viewsHunterhoop

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 15:31 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

Ok , beat me up for one incorrect word . I accept that assessment is grammatically incorrect. I made a mistake . I was in the process of paying £893.93 for car insurance , its my only excuse ..kill me now

My accounts of the home games are factual , If Charlie scores the penalty we draw and are unbeaten . If we do not score two own goals we beat Liverpool 2-1.

I dont need help with examples thanks .

If I had the time to look I think I could find plenty of examples of newly promoted teams beating "top" teams in the early weeks of their first season . "Freak may also be the wrong word but you get my drift ?

In all seriousness and you probably didnt intend it but to compare me to Gazza is an insult

I respect all the views on here , try to put IMO where I am going out on a limb and never ever patronise the members of this board by referring to them as "punters" ....

I know, Essex. I'd never ever say you were as bad as "gazza". You've far more class than that. It wasn't meant as a comparison. Whilst we disagree on a fair bit, you're pretty reasonable. He was a ******.

It's just my biggest bug bear, people talking about "facts", when they're clearly not "facts".

In this instance I don't really think calling some "factual" is a "grammatical error". It's just incorrect and you were trying to strengthen your earlier post, in my view. That was why I countered it. Your assessment of our home performances was, as Brian pointed out, very generous.

Anyway, wasn't intending to compare you to "gazza".
Login to get fewer ads

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:58 - Oct 28 with 1162 viewsTacticalR

The positive vibrations must be coming from somewhere

Air hostess clique

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:00 - Oct 28 with 1158 viewsRedbourneR

Maybe it's the influence of Glenda, maybe it's Sir Les, but someone has got Charlie hitting the ball first time rather than taking a touch first, and that makes a difference. Added to that is the way Vargas hangs on for the second goal - he runs last but then slows up as he can either see Charlie sprinting in or they're working on something they've trained for, which is, when the ball's going down the wing, get in the box quickly.

Not rocket science at all but there was a sharpness about Charlie's movement that suggests one or other of our coaches has spoken to him
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:23 - Oct 28 with 1133 viewsjohncharles

Three weeks ago Harry would rather pay his taxes than play Onouha and Yun and drop Rio. Suddenly he's seen light ? I don't think so.
He's quick to take the credit though. "Yun MOM, Smashing lad"

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:30 - Oct 28 with 1122 viewsdaveB

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:23 - Oct 28 by johncharles

Three weeks ago Harry would rather pay his taxes than play Onouha and Yun and drop Rio. Suddenly he's seen light ? I don't think so.
He's quick to take the credit though. "Yun MOM, Smashing lad"

I think he did want to pick Yun at the start of the season but he was injured and Traore wasn't dreadful so kept his place for a few games.

Whatever the reasons we do look like we have a decent balanced side at the moment which can only be good news
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:37 - Oct 28 with 1119 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 16:39 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

I know, Essex. I'd never ever say you were as bad as "gazza". You've far more class than that. It wasn't meant as a comparison. Whilst we disagree on a fair bit, you're pretty reasonable. He was a ******.

It's just my biggest bug bear, people talking about "facts", when they're clearly not "facts".

In this instance I don't really think calling some "factual" is a "grammatical error". It's just incorrect and you were trying to strengthen your earlier post, in my view. That was why I countered it. Your assessment of our home performances was, as Brian pointed out, very generous.

Anyway, wasn't intending to compare you to "gazza".

No prob . I take a pride in using words correctly , but dont always get it right.

I know its a bug bear of yours since I posted a couple of years back that American Football was sh*t . You helpfully pointed out the difference between fact and opinion with a few expletives thrown in ... lesson (mostly) learnt .

Maybe I am talking it up a bit , just lifted by the last two perfomances , even though we still lost to Liverpool.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 1115 viewsjohncharles

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:30 - Oct 28 by daveB

I think he did want to pick Yun at the start of the season but he was injured and Traore wasn't dreadful so kept his place for a few games.

Whatever the reasons we do look like we have a decent balanced side at the moment which can only be good news

He was injured and played in the World Cup and played at least two under 21 matches.
Bloody hell, he's better than I thought !

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 1095 viewsBklynRanger

I think some of it has to be Hoddle's influence but that doesn't mean it's all pats on the back for Gorgeous Glenn. It has to be a combination of things:

For example, HR has been more vocal and demonstrative in the last two games than he had been for most of the season - that could be TF pointing it out to him and asking for more.

Last night was the first time in ages I'd heard HR talk about work rate. He said that the stats for some of the serlier season games showed the players weren't working hard enough. Now if he'd been honest or open about that at the time instead of trying to sell us all a loads of balls we might have thought he had more of an idea of the problems than it seemed. We might need to give Carl Serrant some credit for that too - I'm sure he's been under pressure to get the players fitter after all the talk in press conferences etc.

But yeah, some of it may well be Hoddle. He was right in the middle of the final coaching session before the Liverpool match and I noticed he was waiting by the tunnel before the half time whistle went, so he's getting in there. Hopefully it leads to further improvements because there's still a long way to go.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 18:13 - Oct 28 with 986 viewsEalingRanger

I think it really is as simple as taking Rio out of the side.
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 964 viewsPommyhoop

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 18:13 - Oct 28 by EalingRanger

This .Rio is really bad. Hopefully H has realised this .His praise of Rio as a 'cheerleader'' and 'motivator'in his Sky interview after the game makes me hope that H has realised Rio's services for us on the pitch are redundant. 40 to 60 grand a week for someone who sings and cheers the lads on and makes jokes in the dressing room is a bit steep tho
He could've signed up Morgans twin for a fraction of that.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:53 - Oct 28 with 948 viewsjohncharles

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 17:51 - Oct 28 by BklynRanger

I think some of it has to be Hoddle's influence but that doesn't mean it's all pats on the back for Gorgeous Glenn. It has to be a combination of things:

For example, HR has been more vocal and demonstrative in the last two games than he had been for most of the season - that could be TF pointing it out to him and asking for more.

Last night was the first time in ages I'd heard HR talk about work rate. He said that the stats for some of the serlier season games showed the players weren't working hard enough. Now if he'd been honest or open about that at the time instead of trying to sell us all a loads of balls we might have thought he had more of an idea of the problems than it seemed. We might need to give Carl Serrant some credit for that too - I'm sure he's been under pressure to get the players fitter after all the talk in press conferences etc.

But yeah, some of it may well be Hoddle. He was right in the middle of the final coaching session before the Liverpool match and I noticed he was waiting by the tunnel before the half time whistle went, so he's getting in there. Hopefully it leads to further improvements because there's still a long way to go.

As you say, Harry has been more agitated and vocal in the last two matches. Because we were doing well. He's very quick to take the credit.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 20:02 - Oct 28 with 937 viewsLoft1979

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 11:47 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

We missed a penalty and scored two own goals without which we would have been unbeaten at home .

We have lost heavily to Spurs away( a freak early season result IMO) and Man Utd away in the only game where they had all of their 150mil on the pitch .

We were ok at Southampton , poor at West Ham , both are bang in form , in the top six and West Ham just beat the champions .

The table doesnt lie FACT , but its not been the disaster that some describe . ...IMO

Something I agree with.

Charlie gets stars for yesterday, but we should have netted 3 vs Hull. Charles missed a penalty, two or 3 cleared off the line. If THaT QPR team from yesterday, Sunderland or even the Stoke game played in the opener we are switched places with Hull.

Should have had a point vs Soton and Pool.

Point YSY was injured to open the season, now he has locked down the Left flank. Henry is a natural defender, hopefully he frees Isla up to run up and down the right side. Both of these were gaping weaknesses. Sandro is only going to get better...as he gets fit. As for goals 2 for Charles, both assisted by his forward partners, two for Vargas before that, plus the re- emergence of BZ.
Our issue has been goals. We could have put 3 in vs Lpool before half time. Ditto vs Hull. So let's hang in there and start picking up a few points. ...
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 20:09 - Oct 28 with 933 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 19:45 - Oct 28 by Pommyhoop

This .Rio is really bad. Hopefully H has realised this .His praise of Rio as a 'cheerleader'' and 'motivator'in his Sky interview after the game makes me hope that H has realised Rio's services for us on the pitch are redundant. 40 to 60 grand a week for someone who sings and cheers the lads on and makes jokes in the dressing room is a bit steep tho
He could've signed up Morgans twin for a fraction of that.

He was speaking to Taraabt in that interview ....IMO
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 00:48 - Oct 29 with 877 viewsRangersAreBack

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 18:13 - Oct 28 by EalingRanger

I'm more inclined to agree with this than yet more conjecture about coaches (that will no doubt become accepted fact on this site in weeks to come).
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 06:58 - Oct 29 with 852 viewsPommyhoop

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 20:09 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

He was speaking to Taraabt in that interview ....IMO

Maybe some of it was aimed at Taarabt but IMO some of it was aimed at at pple (including some of his media chums) who've been vocal about how poor RIO really is.
Sort of'Hey ok I might of signed a dud on the pitch but i'm still clever for getting a triffic ,fentastic
lad for the dressing room'.. I hope H has realised RIO is a dud because if he has'nt and returns him to the side ,we are f'cked. He is that bad.

p.s ..Love the new avatar Essex..
I might change mine to this
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 7:08]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 07:48 - Oct 29 with 829 viewshoopdog

Imo we would be mugs not to have Glen Hoddle to take over from H R , in time
but this recent improvement in form is the H R effect , he at last has the players available to make an improvement for the 1st time thi season
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 7:50]
Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 07:57 - Oct 29 with 821 viewswestolian

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 12:13 - Oct 28 by daveB

I feel we hit rock bottom at West Ham and Redknapp was told to buck up his ideas or he'll get the boot and he has gone back to basics, given the team a focal point in Zamora for an hour rather than the last 30 mins and we look a lot better for it. I'm not sure it's going to work long term but i'd be amazed if Hoddle was the man who changed us to play long balls to Zamora

^^THIS^^

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 08:07 - Oct 29 with 804 viewsessextaxiboy

Are we starting to see Hoddle's influence? on 06:58 - Oct 29 by Pommyhoop

Maybe some of it was aimed at Taarabt but IMO some of it was aimed at at pple (including some of his media chums) who've been vocal about how poor RIO really is.
Sort of'Hey ok I might of signed a dud on the pitch but i'm still clever for getting a triffic ,fentastic
lad for the dressing room'.. I hope H has realised RIO is a dud because if he has'nt and returns him to the side ,we are f'cked. He is that bad.

p.s ..Love the new avatar Essex..
I might change mine to this
[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 7:08]

It was just to show that I dont take myself too seriously really and Jamois is deeply suspicious that I am the boy Redknapp !

We have all survived being at the bottom and even going down . Redknapp , Fernandes , Beard and the rest would get on with their lives and so will we .

I want to to progress but there will be bumps along the way .

Its sometimes feels like life and death but its not really is it ?

Not a bad avatar , a good ol Essex boy .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024