Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim McNulty 11:53 - Jun 2 with 19165 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Signs on a 2 Year Deal. Announced on Twitter.

Jim McNulty on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 9241 viewsfitzochris

Okay, so this signing will attract the ‘signing Bury’s cast-offs’ negativity, but I reckon it’s a decent signing. He comes with experience of playing at a higher level and has worked with Hilly before.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jim McNulty on 12:20 - Jun 2 with 9230 viewsYouTubeDale

Keith has finally landed his man and is very pleased.

Keith's happy, so I'm happy.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/jim-mcnulty-signs-2478800.aspx

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Jim McNulty on 12:23 - Jun 2 with 9194 viewsLuke8686

He has signed for a team with better future prospects, rather than staying with a side which will end up in the conference north with stockport county within 5 years
Jim McNulty on 12:37 - Jun 2 with 9084 viewsAtThePeake

Jim McNulty on 12:23 - Jun 2 by Luke8686

He has signed for a team with better future prospects, rather than staying with a side which will end up in the conference north with stockport county within 5 years

Bury released him.

Can't say I'm over the moon about this signing. Bury obviously consider their current options better, so why are we signing players that aren't good enough to get in their team?

Hope he proves me wrong.

Tangled up in blue.

Jim McNulty on 12:42 - Jun 2 with 9041 viewsClitheroeDale

Jim McNulty on 12:37 - Jun 2 by AtThePeake

Bury released him.

Can't say I'm over the moon about this signing. Bury obviously consider their current options better, so why are we signing players that aren't good enough to get in their team?

Hope he proves me wrong.

Trust in Keith.
Jim McNulty on 12:53 - Jun 2 with 8943 viewsDale23years

Bury released him.

Hope he proves me wrong.

bury release him as he didn't wanna stay there after someone was shagging his wife, hence why wasn't first choice since Shrewsbury.

if keith happy am happy.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Jim McNulty on 12:56 - Jun 2 with 8920 viewstazzydjr

It could be worse we could sign David Cameron on a 5 Year Deal were he'd end up cutting everything including the medical staff

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Jim McNulty on 12:58 - Jun 2 with 8894 viewsnordenblue

Jim McNulty on 12:56 - Jun 2 by tazzydjr

It could be worse we could sign David Cameron on a 5 Year Deal were he'd end up cutting everything including the medical staff

What position does he play?
Login to get fewer ads

Jim McNulty on 13:01 - Jun 2 with 8868 viewsToffeemanc

Experienced defender that we definitely needed and one that Hilly rates and I'm more than happy to trust his judgement.
Am I right in thinking he is left footed and will therefore bring a natural balance to the back four just like O'Connell did previously?
If he it probably means we will have Eastham and Lancashire fighting for the other starting position unless there are more arrivals/depatures.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Jim McNulty on 13:02 - Jun 2 with 8861 viewslurker

Jim McNulty on 12:58 - Jun 2 by nordenblue

What position does he play?

Dunno but I am sure he is an Aston West Villa Ham supporter
Jim McNulty on 13:04 - Jun 2 with 8832 viewsdingdangblue

Bury released him.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Colchester released Ian Henderson.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jim McNulty on 13:11 - Jun 2 with 8783 viewsYouTubeDale

Jim McNulty on 12:56 - Jun 2 by tazzydjr

Tazzy

I have been meaning to ask you for a while now, but do you have a co-writer for this forum because some of your posts are well written and are understood?

Don't take this the wrong way, because I know your heart is in Dale.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Jim McNulty on 13:12 - Jun 2 with 8775 viewsceme_ender

Good player, solid centre half. I rated him. Just not in our plans for one reason or another. Similar to tutte at your place who has gone on to do well for us. I'm pretty sure he will go on to be good signing for you and you will all be pleased. Far better player than Ashley Eastham.
Jim McNulty on 13:22 - Jun 2 with 8717 viewsupthedale

Jim McNulty on 13:04 - Jun 2 by dingdangblue

Colchester released Ian Henderson.

To be fair that's not comparable - they were the league above us at the time. So as a league two club we picked up a player released by a league one club. Whereas we have now picked up a league two (albeit promoted) player as a league one club. So I can see the logic behind others being underwhelmed with this signing.

But as others have said, the alleged affair may have contributed to him leaving Bury and I trust Hill's judgement. I've thought McNulty looked like a really good player on the few occasions I've seen him play in his Barnsley days, I guess that's a little while ago now though.
Jim McNulty on 13:22 - Jun 2 with 8715 viewstazzydjr

Jim McNulty on 13:11 - Jun 2 by YouTubeDale

Tazzy

I have been meaning to ask you for a while now, but do you have a co-writer for this forum because some of your posts are well written and are understood?

Don't take this the wrong way, because I know your heart is in Dale.

YTD the new version of Firefox is more user friendly than its been the past couple of years, it points out the simplest of spelling errors

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Jim McNulty on 13:28 - Jun 2 with 8682 viewsAtThePeake

Jim McNulty on 12:53 - Jun 2 by Dale23years

bury release him as he didn't wanna stay there after someone was shagging his wife, hence why wasn't first choice since Shrewsbury.

if keith happy am happy.

If that was the issue it was made out, you have to wonder why it took 9 months for him to leave the club. Even on loan?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Cameron and El-Abd (now Clarke?) were (are) better than him.

Tangled up in blue.

Jim McNulty on 13:46 - Jun 2 with 8592 viewsChaffRAFC

Bury released him.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Matty Done was released by Hereford United.

If Hill is happy, I'm happy. Plus, I reckon he's a good player. Could we have done better? Possibly, maybe even probably but Hill has built a League One squad with his choices and player judgement so that will do me.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jim McNulty on 13:54 - Jun 2 with 8551 viewsBrighouseDale

Surely all this L2 / L1 stuff is irrelevant, as Bury are now in League One. Think of it as a sideways step.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Jim McNulty on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 8390 viewsShun

Jim McNulty on 13:22 - Jun 2 by tazzydjr

YTD the new version of Firefox is more user friendly than its been the past couple of years, it points out the simplest of spelling errors

It's a shame it can't fix simple grammar as well.
Jim McNulty on 14:45 - Jun 2 with 8317 viewsdingdangblue

Jim McNulty on 13:46 - Jun 2 by ChaffRAFC

Matty Done was released by Hereford United.

If Hill is happy, I'm happy. Plus, I reckon he's a good player. Could we have done better? Possibly, maybe even probably but Hill has built a League One squad with his choices and player judgement so that will do me.

Like every player Hill brings here, I'll reserve my judgement on them till I've seen them play a few games for us with my own eyes. Hill has signed players from all levels - some of his best signings have been unexpected successes from teams lower down than us (Vincenti,Done,Hogan) and some of his signings that haven't worked out have come from teams higher than us (Dicker,Cywka,Dickinson).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jim McNulty on 15:39 - Jun 2 with 8128 viewsWhiteyBFC

I loved McNulty. But I appreciate that I was practically the only Barnsley supporter who did. He's prone to the odd error, over-complicates things at times, but for me he always gave 100% and seemed really proud and humble to be playing football full stop, he's had a tough career in terms of setbacks. He's comfortable on the ball, I thought he was fantastic in the rare starts he had at left back, even impressed in a holding midfield role, in my eyes. It's at centre half though where he usually operates and his playing style means he will make mistakes, he likes to play out from the back, step into midfield etc.

I'm not blind, I do understand why most of my fellow supporters didn't rate him, because in the second tier if you make a mistake you're likely to pay for it. But I like a centre half pairing with different assets. One to do the dirty work, get stuck in, hurt folk perhaps, get rid of the ball (and man). And then one who can play a bit.

I nicknamed him McBeckenbauer.

Most reds fans named him McNumpty.

Good luck with it, I hope he does well for Keith/Dale.
Jim McNulty on 15:45 - Jun 2 with 8108 viewsWhiteyBFC

Jim McNulty on 15:39 - Jun 2 by WhiteyBFC

I loved McNulty. But I appreciate that I was practically the only Barnsley supporter who did. He's prone to the odd error, over-complicates things at times, but for me he always gave 100% and seemed really proud and humble to be playing football full stop, he's had a tough career in terms of setbacks. He's comfortable on the ball, I thought he was fantastic in the rare starts he had at left back, even impressed in a holding midfield role, in my eyes. It's at centre half though where he usually operates and his playing style means he will make mistakes, he likes to play out from the back, step into midfield etc.

I'm not blind, I do understand why most of my fellow supporters didn't rate him, because in the second tier if you make a mistake you're likely to pay for it. But I like a centre half pairing with different assets. One to do the dirty work, get stuck in, hurt folk perhaps, get rid of the ball (and man). And then one who can play a bit.

I nicknamed him McBeckenbauer.

Most reds fans named him McNumpty.

Good luck with it, I hope he does well for Keith/Dale.

Here's a video of the last time Keith picked Jimmy McNulty.

Nice goal from Dawson. Awful, spineless defending from Wiseman.

And Jimmy doing what he did, every now and again, which is why most of my fellow supporters don't rate him.

Keith was sacked that day. One of the worst displays I've ever seen, and not at all reflective of McNulty as a footballer, in my opinion. But remember, most on here think I know nowt about footballers so maybe that, and the fact I was practically alone in liking McNulty, should worry you.........?

Jim McNulty on 15:59 - Jun 2 with 8053 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 13:28 - Jun 2 by AtThePeake

If that was the issue it was made out, you have to wonder why it took 9 months for him to leave the club. Even on loan?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Cameron and El-Abd (now Clarke?) were (are) better than him.

Waiting till his wife delivered?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim McNulty on 16:00 - Jun 2 with 8045 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 14:29 - Jun 2 by Shun

It's a shame it can't fix simple grammar as well.

That's no way to talk about the elderly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim McNulty on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 7931 viewsrochdaleriddler

far right wing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024