Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon 19:33 - Jul 8 with 6075 viewsMark1

Murray or the Fed Express ?

Difficult one to call.

Me thinks Fed if Murray can't keep his cool.
Wimbledon on 00:31 - Jul 9 with 3994 viewsHollowayRanger

would love to see fed win one last Wimbledon but think murray would give the dork a better match in final as fed would be knackered if the semi was a 5 setter which is what I think it will be

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wimbledon on 08:21 - Jul 9 with 3916 viewsElHoop

I'm not a Federer fan - I find him a nauseous specimen of humanity.

So go Andy go. Federer has been keen to get his matches over with quickly due to his age, so Murray needs to start well and keep the rallies long and hard and gradually grind him into dust. I could see it being a straight sets win for Murray if he starts well.
Wimbledon on 18:14 - Jul 9 with 3847 viewspomanjou

Wimbledon on 08:21 - Jul 9 by ElHoop

I'm not a Federer fan - I find him a nauseous specimen of humanity.

So go Andy go. Federer has been keen to get his matches over with quickly due to his age, so Murray needs to start well and keep the rallies long and hard and gradually grind him into dust. I could see it being a straight sets win for Murray if he starts well.

Wouldn't be surprised for it to go to 5 with Murray shading it.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Wimbledon on 21:27 - Jul 9 with 3799 viewslondonscottish

Also expecting a five setter with very little in it.

Fine margins and all that.

Murray's in great form but dropped some real clangers in his first two games.

So on that basis I'd out my money on (to quote Holloway) the dork.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Wimbledon on 21:32 - Jul 9 with 3783 viewsdolcelatte

Straight sets Murray

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Wimbledon on 06:54 - Jul 10 with 3697 viewsDWQPR

See the miserable Jock is asking for the whole of the UK to back him today, yet 10 months ago he was wanting an independent Scotland. Come on Federer.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wimbledon on 15:51 - Jul 10 with 3609 viewsMark1

I wanna 5 setter with both bashing the shit out of each over for 5 hours,still can't call it though coz neithers been really tested yet.

Think if Murray can keep his cool he might ground the old boy down.
Wimbledon on 15:56 - Jul 10 with 3593 viewsqpr1976

At this point in both their careers, (Muuay peaking & Ferderer just past his best), Murray should be beating Federer more often than not.

But either way, neither will beat Djokovic IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon on 15:57 - Jul 10 with 3589 viewsvblockranger

Smash the Scot! Cmon Fed
Wimbledon on 16:12 - Jul 10 with 3572 viewseghamranger

If he wins he is Britsh and if he loses he is Scottish!!!

Mums minging and missus would get it.

Quote from Nigel Pearsons son 😄
Wimbledon on 18:10 - Jul 10 with 3538 viewslondonscottish

Federer is a machine. He's playing ridiculously good shots from impossible positions.

Wimbledon on 18:19 - Jul 10 with 3524 viewslondonscottish

.....and the thing is Murray's getting 77% of his first serves in at at average of 119mph.,..

Wimbledon on 18:24 - Jul 10 with 3520 viewsRickyDicky

Wimbledon on 15:57 - Jul 10 by vblockranger

Smash the Scot! Cmon Fed

+1

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Wimbledon on 19:08 - Jul 10 with 3480 viewsCamberleyR

In grand slam tournaments his head-to-head against Federer is woeful.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wimbledon on 19:26 - Jul 10 with 3457 views1BobbyHazell

Wimbledon on 06:54 - Jul 10 by DWQPR

See the miserable Jock is asking for the whole of the UK to back him today, yet 10 months ago he was wanting an independent Scotland. Come on Federer.

Well you got your wish but you might want to consider growing up.
Wimbledon on 19:56 - Jul 10 with 3434 viewsDWQPR

Wimbledon on 19:26 - Jul 10 by 1BobbyHazell

Well you got your wish but you might want to consider growing up.

Nothing about growing up 1BH. Just highlighting some double standards from Murray. Two years ago I was thrilled that he won and the whole of the UK backed him and supported him, same with the Olympics and this despite some comments he made about the English football team in the past. And then last year he made reference to wanting Scotland to vote for independence, fine that was his choice and that is democracy, and then when he knows that the going is likely to be tough again the old 'UK support' bit comes out. As I say double standards, and like him I have my right to voice my opinions and I wanted Federer to win. It's a bit like when David Seaman left Rangers, he couldn't wait to go, made it clear he wanted to leave and got his wish with the move to Arsenal. The bloke then got regularly slated by Rangers supporters during games, so Murray clearly expressed that he didn't want to remain British so in my view that is fine with me and I don't support him.

Wimbledon on 20:22 - Jul 10 with 3403 viewsgobbles

Wimbledon on 06:54 - Jul 10 by DWQPR

Murray has every right to have whatever political opinion he wants. What's more, he is one of the few top tennis players who does not live in Monaco or Switzerland to dodge tax in his homeland. If only our motor racing "national heroes" made similar contributions to the country.
Wimbledon on 21:26 - Jul 10 with 3338 views1BobbyHazell

Wimbledon on 19:56 - Jul 10 by DWQPR

Nothing about growing up 1BH. Just highlighting some double standards from Murray. Two years ago I was thrilled that he won and the whole of the UK backed him and supported him, same with the Olympics and this despite some comments he made about the English football team in the past. And then last year he made reference to wanting Scotland to vote for independence, fine that was his choice and that is democracy, and then when he knows that the going is likely to be tough again the old 'UK support' bit comes out. As I say double standards, and like him I have my right to voice my opinions and I wanted Federer to win. It's a bit like when David Seaman left Rangers, he couldn't wait to go, made it clear he wanted to leave and got his wish with the move to Arsenal. The bloke then got regularly slated by Rangers supporters during games, so Murray clearly expressed that he didn't want to remain British so in my view that is fine with me and I don't support him.

Has Federer declared a desire to be British then? I'm afraid I find your reasoning all a bit churlish DW. It's a reminder of the Scotland Referendum Vote threads on here when we had these weird, aggressive, frankly ignorant posts about how they better stay with us that would then go on to say all the things we should do to them if they didn't like some sad old alcoholic husband pleading with his battered wife not to leave him because he 'loves her so much' but then turning to threats about what he'll do to her if she does.

Don't let the bitterness win brother.
Wimbledon on 22:18 - Jul 10 with 3306 viewsDWQPR

Wimbledon on 21:26 - Jul 10 by 1BobbyHazell

Has Federer declared a desire to be British then? I'm afraid I find your reasoning all a bit churlish DW. It's a reminder of the Scotland Referendum Vote threads on here when we had these weird, aggressive, frankly ignorant posts about how they better stay with us that would then go on to say all the things we should do to them if they didn't like some sad old alcoholic husband pleading with his battered wife not to leave him because he 'loves her so much' but then turning to threats about what he'll do to her if she does.

Don't let the bitterness win brother.

Bob, nothing to do about churlishness, I don't appreciate double standards. Nothing to do about Federer not being British either. Personally I have never warmed to Murray, found him miserable, churlish himself, looking to blame defeats on injuries but his pro-British when it suits and anti-British when it suits bothers me. As I said, I am not against him because he wanted an independent Scotland, his democratic right, and I do respect that, but don't start asking the rest of us to support him when he clearly didn't want to remain in the club. Most importantly I am glad Federer won because I would love to see him one more time win Wimbledon because it is unlikely that we would ever see such a brilliant tennis player again. And it should be noticed that he is the oldest male finalist since Ken Rosewall played Jimbo Connors in '74. Let's just hope the result is different on Sunday

Wimbledon on 22:22 - Jul 10 with 3299 viewskarl

Wimbledon on 19:56 - Jul 10 by DWQPR

I think the flaw in your argument would have been his probable desire to continue living in England after Scotland became independent and paying his taxes, as mentioned above, unlike Hamilton, Coltard and the like. Were/are they more British than Murray?
No reason why you should support Murray but to use those reasons to call for the 'miserable Jock' to get beaten is pretty childish.
Scotland and Britains current No. 1 sportsman (using the term in its full context) at this moment in time. My opinion of course and others will have their choice and good luck to them (of course he's a Hibee which helps!!)
Wimbledon on 22:30 - Jul 10 with 3289 viewsElHoop

oh well that's all left me with a final between two blokes I'd be more than happy to see lose. Not much point bothering with it.
Wimbledon on 22:34 - Jul 10 with 3283 viewsdubaistu

Federer was absolute class today, never gave Murray a sniff.
Wimbledon on 23:03 - Jul 10 with 3250 viewsshedhateruk

my old man was a jock,born in aberdeen and he always supported scotland when they played england at anything, sport ,chess,ballroom dancing,darts bowls, you name it he was a jock.he also supported anyone else that played england at any game you care to mention,same thing with his brothers,mum,dad,sisters and any other relatives in his family or even his jock mates. they hated england ,the same as 100% of jokestan do, and we have people on here supporting the biggest jock haggis of them all. ANDY CRY BABY MURRAY you lot want your heads testing. THEY HATE US MORE THAN ISIS DO WAKE UP
Wimbledon on 23:07 - Jul 10 with 3244 viewskarl

Wimbledon on 23:03 - Jul 10 by shedhateruk

my old man was a jock,born in aberdeen and he always supported scotland when they played england at anything, sport ,chess,ballroom dancing,darts bowls, you name it he was a jock.he also supported anyone else that played england at any game you care to mention,same thing with his brothers,mum,dad,sisters and any other relatives in his family or even his jock mates. they hated england ,the same as 100% of jokestan do, and we have people on here supporting the biggest jock haggis of them all. ANDY CRY BABY MURRAY you lot want your heads testing. THEY HATE US MORE THAN ISIS DO WAKE UP

Mum!! He's younger than me and allowed to stay up late!
Wimbledon on 23:25 - Jul 10 with 3234 viewsshedhateruk

Wimbledon on 23:07 - Jul 10 by karl

Mum!! He's younger than me and allowed to stay up late!

BLIMEY O`REILEY JOCK KARL HAS JUST REPLIED TO A POST WITHOUT MENTIONING,HIBS,CELTIC OR JOCK RANGERS WELL DONE MATE ps im 63
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024