Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? 20:14 - Sep 6 with 12869 viewsGowerjack

Yes for me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:16 - Sep 6 with 7664 viewsPhil_S

Good grief no
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:19 - Sep 6 with 7633 viewsNewhousemustscore

Jack Wilshere has gotta be up there. Spurs fans nicknamed the injury prone midfielder "tampon" - in for one week....out for three.
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:23 - Sep 6 with 7598 viewsmonmouth

Hmm.......Wazzy, Townsend, Barklay, Milner, Kane

No.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:30 - Sep 6 with 7565 viewsAJ101

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:23 - Sep 6 by monmouth

No.

Who actually rates Townsend though?

Ramsey and Kane were both excellent last year so their rating is probably higher than their actual level I suppose that happens a lot, players are rated more on their current or recent form than over the longer period of their careers.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 20:32]
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:32 - Sep 6 with 7544 viewssherpajacob

Ramsey is quality, very glad he's welsh.

I'd pick him over wilshere every time.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:32 - Sep 6 with 7541 viewsmonmouth

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:30 - Sep 6 by AJ101

Who actually rates Townsend though?

Ramsey and Kane were both excellent last year so their rating is probably higher than their actual level I suppose that happens a lot, players are rated more on their current or recent form than over the longer period of their careers.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 20:32]

Fair point (on Townsend)
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 20:34]

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:37 - Sep 6 with 7509 viewsAJ101

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:32 - Sep 6 by monmouth

Fair point (on Townsend)
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 20:34]

I did think afterwards that Hodgson is probably the one of only three people in the world (other than Townsend and his mum).
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:38 - Sep 6 with 7482 viewsDr_Winston

Ramsey seems to be very much a form player. Capable of being brilliant for a couple of months then dropping back into mediocrity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:47 - Sep 6 with 7406 viewsunion_jack

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:23 - Sep 6 by monmouth

No.

I'd take Kane and possibly Barkley out of that list though Mon.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:48 - Sep 6 with 7397 viewsjack247

No. He just had two bad games in a couple of days.
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:49 - Sep 6 with 7387 viewstylagarwjack

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:38 - Sep 6 by Dr_Winston

Ramsey seems to be very much a form player. Capable of being brilliant for a couple of months then dropping back into mediocrity.

Well he's definitely in the latter category at the moment, based on his performances in the last two games.

His biggest problem is he slows everything down, trying to run the game all by himself, so many times he's ended up having to play the ball side ways when a forward pass would have been on if he'd played quicker. It reminds me of the best footballer at school who just hogs the ball all the time.

Added to that in the last two games we've had King and Edwards alongside him, whose technical limitations are obvious, and it's little wonder we've struggled to play with decent tempo. Joe Allen has been missed, and even ratboy dare I say!
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:52 - Sep 6 with 7353 viewsnantywatcher

Of course he is, Barcelona are known for buying any old rubbish (watch this space)
The most idiotic comment I've seen on this forum.
Gowerjack you'd better start watching ladies netball because you know feck all about football. (thanks for the ticket by the way - much appreciated.)
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:52 - Sep 6 with 7347 viewsmonmouth

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:49 - Sep 6 by tylagarwjack

Well he's definitely in the latter category at the moment, based on his performances in the last two games.

His biggest problem is he slows everything down, trying to run the game all by himself, so many times he's ended up having to play the ball side ways when a forward pass would have been on if he'd played quicker. It reminds me of the best footballer at school who just hogs the ball all the time.

Added to that in the last two games we've had King and Edwards alongside him, whose technical limitations are obvious, and it's little wonder we've struggled to play with decent tempo. Joe Allen has been missed, and even ratboy dare I say!

Good points there I think. Players don't operate in a vacuum. I'm sure Ramsey doesn't feel so much pressure with Cazorla, Sanchez and the others within arms reach.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 20:56]

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:55 - Sep 6 with 7324 viewsmonmouth

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:47 - Sep 6 by union_jack

I'd take Kane and possibly Barkley out of that list though Mon.

I'm not saying that they aren't decent/very promising players, just that the current hype/achievement balance is way out of kilter. Ramsey I think has done enough to deserve much of the hype. He needs to pull his socks up for Wales though. It's not happening, and it's not enough.

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:01 - Sep 6 with 7293 viewsjack247

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 20:49 - Sep 6 by tylagarwjack

Ramsey, Allen and Ledley give the midfield a good blend. It is easier for Ramsey to play with Allen keeping moves going and Ledley doing the Robbie Savage role. It's going to be hard for him with both of them out. That said, he was way below par on Thursday and not great today.

We are only half an hour from qualifying if Belgium stay 0-0 though!
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:03 - Sep 6 with 7281 viewsEdmundo

Everything that should have gone through him didn't. That's what was wrong with today, no creativity, like a damp squib.

Poor for Wales for last few games.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:06 - Sep 6 with 7254 viewsNeath_Jack

Not even close to being it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:06 - Sep 6 with 7255 viewsmonmouth

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:01 - Sep 6 by jack247

Ramsey, Allen and Ledley give the midfield a good blend. It is easier for Ramsey to play with Allen keeping moves going and Ledley doing the Robbie Savage role. It's going to be hard for him with both of them out. That said, he was way below par on Thursday and not great today.

We are only half an hour from qualifying if Belgium stay 0-0 though!

Belgo have played like a pile of sh1te, but I still think they'll nick one. It's been that kind of day.

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:12 - Sep 6 with 7214 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:23 - Sep 6 with 7161 viewsNeathJack

I thought ramsey was awful today but the Beeb have given him mom

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34168984
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:24 - Sep 6 with 7157 viewsScoobyWho

No.

Wilsher and Rooney are streets ahead in the overrated charts.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:32 - Sep 6 with 7100 viewsChrisSCFC

IMO he was neck and neck with Suarez up until he got injured the season before last for best player in the PL, he was outstanding. He's never really hit the same heights in a Welsh shirt.
Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:42 - Sep 6 with 7035 viewsHighjack

Ramsey is almost the perfect midfielder. But as someone alluded to already, he tries to do too much sometimes. Especially for Wales. Too many Hollywood passes attempted today but he still had a good game, and to be fair he ran himself into the ground today.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:46 - Sep 6 with 7012 viewsDarran

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:24 - Sep 6 by ScoobyWho

Wilsher and Rooney are streets ahead in the overrated charts.

Wazza will soon be number 2 in the Premier League goal scoring charts and before long he'll be the only player to have scored 200 PL goals for one club.
If that's overrated I wish Swansea had one just as overrated.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Aaron Ramsey the most overrated footballer in the UK? on 21:48 - Sep 6 with 7000 viewsDewi1jack

Walcott, Zaha, Rooney, Mitrovic, Shaw and an awful lot of others could be added to the list.

Of course there's always the one and only Tom Ince.
Total legend in whatever mirror he's looking at!!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024