Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3rd kit 14:22 - Oct 21 with 12125 viewssandy_dale

The club has made the green and black shirt available to pre-order
3rd kit on 14:59 - Oct 21 with 10316 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/you-want-it-you-got-it-2756815.aspx

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

3rd kit on 17:13 - Oct 21 with 10193 viewspioneer

Most clubs would model their shirts using either attractive young ladies or current players.

We use Jack, bless him. He has many uses but modelling the clubs strip.....come on!
3rd kit on 17:15 - Oct 21 with 10188 views_dezzy

3rd kit on 17:13 - Oct 21 by pioneer

Most clubs would model their shirts using either attractive young ladies or current players.

We use Jack, bless him. He has many uses but modelling the clubs strip.....come on!

Jack is a legend though,

KHBA

3rd kit on 17:19 - Oct 21 with 10167 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 14:59 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/you-want-it-you-got-it-2756815.aspx

No chance to try the shirt on before purchasing then. I wonder if the Club could stock a sample of each size in the shop so supporters could order a size that they are sure will fit, I assume you have to stipulate the size of your shirt when pre- ordering?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 17:21]
3rd kit on 17:27 - Oct 21 with 10138 viewsD_Alien

3rd kit on 17:19 - Oct 21 by TalkingSutty

No chance to try the shirt on before purchasing then. I wonder if the Club could stock a sample of each size in the shop so supporters could order a size that they are sure will fit, I assume you have to stipulate the size of your shirt when pre- ordering?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 17:21]

Order one size above what you'd normally wear. It'll either fit perfectly or the club will profit from the extra pies sold to fans filling themselves out.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

3rd kit on 18:36 - Oct 21 with 10012 viewsrichfoad32

3rd kit on 17:13 - Oct 21 by pioneer

Aye, summat like this would do....

3rd kit on 19:15 - Oct 22 with 9701 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 17:27 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Order one size above what you'd normally wear. It'll either fit perfectly or the club will profit from the extra pies sold to fans filling themselves out.

So, registered on line to purchase the new shirt. Time to make the purchase and then notice the five quid extra for postal and package. Every which way you turn they want your bleeding money!!

Easy decision, no football shirt for me. Mugging off the fans again.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 19:16]
3rd kit on 19:27 - Oct 22 with 9665 views442Dale

3rd kit on 19:15 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

So, registered on line to purchase the new shirt. Time to make the purchase and then notice the five quid extra for postal and package. Every which way you turn they want your bleeding money!!

Easy decision, no football shirt for me. Mugging off the fans again.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 19:16]

There is an option to pick it up at the shop, TS.

Though quite why the delivery fee is so high is a valid question. What's the norm?

Login to get fewer ads

3rd kit on 19:37 - Oct 22 with 9645 views_dezzy

3rd kit on 18:36 - Oct 21 by richfoad32

Aye, summat like this would do....

Tvos, Have you still got the pics of Jock (burnley fan ) when he helped with the pics of this

KHBA

3rd kit on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 9640 viewszxcvbnm

3rd kit on 19:27 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Though quite why the delivery fee is so high is a valid question. What's the norm?

It’ll be being sent recorded delivery or courier which will mean expense, my guess is £5 isn’t too far off the proper price.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

3rd kit on 19:40 - Oct 22 with 9636 viewsisitme

It depends on the type of service used. For next day delivery I've paid anything from £3 to £6 when ordering products online when delivered by a firm such as DPD.

I'm not sure how much it is to post a parcel using Royal Mail?

Edit

According to their website a medium parcel costs from £2.80, which I assume is not first class.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 19:44]
3rd kit on 19:43 - Oct 22 with 9631 viewsKenBoon

We struggle with little things like not ripping people off when it comes to delivery/paying for season tickets by card/etc. I used the online ticketing and discovered there's a £1.50 booking fee (assume per ticket).
3rd kit on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 9613 viewsisitme

3rd kit on 19:43 - Oct 22 by KenBoon

We struggle with little things like not ripping people off when it comes to delivery/paying for season tickets by card/etc. I used the online ticketing and discovered there's a £1.50 booking fee (assume per ticket).

For Sale Sharks you have to pay £0.40 a ticket for the privilege of printing a ticket off at home.

I do not understand why any entertainment related business should charge a booking fee at all.
3rd kit on 19:49 - Oct 22 with 9606 viewszxcvbnm

3rd kit on 19:40 - Oct 22 by isitme

It depends on the type of service used. For next day delivery I've paid anything from £3 to £6 when ordering products online when delivered by a firm such as DPD.

I'm not sure how much it is to post a parcel using Royal Mail?

Edit

According to their website a medium parcel costs from £2.80, which I assume is not first class.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 19:44]

Due to the value it’d be sent recorded I’d imagine and extra insurance as it’s over £20 in value means it'd cost £5.99 so I’d imagine Royal Mail isn’t the courier

Poll: Best loanee keeper

3rd kit on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 9597 views442Dale

3rd kit on 19:47 - Oct 22 by isitme

For Sale Sharks you have to pay £0.40 a ticket for the privilege of printing a ticket off at home.

I do not understand why any entertainment related business should charge a booking fee at all.

Agree completely. What costs are incurred if a fan chooses to pick the ticket up at the club?

If it puts one person off using this method, it needs looking at.

3rd kit on 21:41 - Oct 22 with 9488 viewsTalkingSutty

Thanks, didn't see that option (I logged out before getting to the payment process). A fivers a lot of money, pick up from the shop will be just fine.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 22:00]
3rd kit on 00:12 - Oct 23 with 9346 viewsDaleaholic

People do realise that the club is a business don't they? It costs money to post stuff.

The club has listened to the fans, given them what they wanted and people are choosing to moan about the price of post and packing.

I sometimes wonder whether it's us or bury who have the real mongs.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

3rd kit on 04:36 - Oct 23 with 9290 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 00:12 - Oct 23 by Daleaholic

People do realise that the club is a business don't they? It costs money to post stuff.

The club has listened to the fans, given them what they wanted and people are choosing to moan about the price of post and packing.

I sometimes wonder whether it's us or bury who have the real mongs.

Some people don't just accept what's served up to them. I have a choice what i do with my money and 40 quid is a lot of money for a football shirt, i wouldn't then pay a extra 5 pounds to have it delivered i would just click out. In your world,you would be happy to see the Club Shop close down and all transactions done on line and obviously would pay the post and package, you might get your wish.

All I wanted to do was to walk into the shop,feel the material and try the shirt on to see if it fitted. I can't do any of these things and I am expected to pay over 12% of the cost of the shirt in post and package. How is that good for the customer? If it doesn't fit correctly who pays to have it returned and delivered again, or do you just have to put up with it?

Anyway, not being an expert at buying clothes on line, there's an option to pick up from the Club and save money so that's what I've done and yes I would have done without the shirt rather than be dictated to on how I make a purchase. The Club can do what they wish regarding selling merchandise and charging processing fees etc but that doesn't mean we all have to fall in line.

If saving myself five pounds makes me a 'mong' as you so kindly insinuate from behind the safety of your keyboard then so be it, a fool and their money are easily parted.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 5:45]
3rd kit on 05:07 - Oct 23 with 9285 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I was having a look in a sports shop near to my work this week at the Thai Premier League shirts. Mainstream brands you would expect...Nike et al. Some shirts had print on club badge, others had embroidered badge.

20 quid a pop.

Alongside them....Chelsea, Man United, Real Madrid and Liverpool shirts.

50 quid a pop.

I would assume the shirts are made in the same group of Asian countries as they always seem to have been. The mark up truly is extortionate.

If 'twenty is plenty' to pay in to watch a team...I would say the same is true for the merchandise.
3rd kit on 07:26 - Oct 23 with 9235 viewsjajadale

3rd kit on 04:36 - Oct 23 by TalkingSutty

Some people don't just accept what's served up to them. I have a choice what i do with my money and 40 quid is a lot of money for a football shirt, i wouldn't then pay a extra 5 pounds to have it delivered i would just click out. In your world,you would be happy to see the Club Shop close down and all transactions done on line and obviously would pay the post and package, you might get your wish.

All I wanted to do was to walk into the shop,feel the material and try the shirt on to see if it fitted. I can't do any of these things and I am expected to pay over 12% of the cost of the shirt in post and package. How is that good for the customer? If it doesn't fit correctly who pays to have it returned and delivered again, or do you just have to put up with it?

Anyway, not being an expert at buying clothes on line, there's an option to pick up from the Club and save money so that's what I've done and yes I would have done without the shirt rather than be dictated to on how I make a purchase. The Club can do what they wish regarding selling merchandise and charging processing fees etc but that doesn't mean we all have to fall in line.

If saving myself five pounds makes me a 'mong' as you so kindly insinuate from behind the safety of your keyboard then so be it, a fool and their money are easily parted.

The club have announced they are selling just 150 shirts and let's imagine the club make a profit of £20 per £40 shirt sold (no idea of how much they really make so this is just a nice round figure).

If they sold each one in the shop this would equate to a profit of £3000.

If they sold each one online for £40 and did not pass on the £5 delivery fee and covered this themselves it would equate to £2250 profit for the club.

You do not find many services that offer free delivery on goods, and those that do often stipulate a minimum spend, because believe it or not it costs money to send goods to your door.
3rd kit on 07:42 - Oct 23 with 9221 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 07:26 - Oct 23 by jajadale

The club have announced they are selling just 150 shirts and let's imagine the club make a profit of £20 per £40 shirt sold (no idea of how much they really make so this is just a nice round figure).

If they sold each one in the shop this would equate to a profit of £3000.

If they sold each one online for £40 and did not pass on the £5 delivery fee and covered this themselves it would equate to £2250 profit for the club.

You do not find many services that offer free delivery on goods, and those that do often stipulate a minimum spend, because believe it or not it costs money to send goods to your door.

I don't want it sent to my door. Ideally I would have liked to try the shirt on but maybe the fact they are limiting the shirts to 150 means it isn't feasible to stock them in the shop, i don't know. Is there extra cost involved if the item doesn't fit correctly because Football shirts are notorious for being funny sizes? Who pays for the returns etc?

Just stating its not the way I like to buy my clothes and I don't want to pay a extra 5 quid for the privilege of going down that route. Obviously, I don't have a problem with those of you who are happy with the arrangement.
3rd kit on 08:08 - Oct 23 with 9191 viewsDaleaholic

3rd kit on 04:36 - Oct 23 by TalkingSutty

Please explain when I said I wanted the club shop to be online only...

£40 is a lot of money for a shirt but nobody is forcing you to buy it. What has really got my back up is that people wanted this green and black shirt, the club has listened, placed an order and given it to the fans, yet the price of postage and packing appears to be making up people's mind on whether they'll buy. What more can the club do?

A club of our size / fan base needs to make money in any way they can. If that means p&p costs £5, I'd happily pay it. Luckily I can pick it up from the shop but I'd have no problem with the charge if needed.

It's not about 'falling in line'. If you want a product & service, you have to pay for it. It's quite simple really.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

3rd kit on 08:18 - Oct 23 with 9176 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 08:08 - Oct 23 by Daleaholic

Please explain when I said I wanted the club shop to be online only...

£40 is a lot of money for a shirt but nobody is forcing you to buy it. What has really got my back up is that people wanted this green and black shirt, the club has listened, placed an order and given it to the fans, yet the price of postage and packing appears to be making up people's mind on whether they'll buy. What more can the club do?

A club of our size / fan base needs to make money in any way they can. If that means p&p costs £5, I'd happily pay it. Luckily I can pick it up from the shop but I'd have no problem with the charge if needed.

It's not about 'falling in line'. If you want a product & service, you have to pay for it. It's quite simple really.

You'd be happy to pay a extra five pounds, i wouldn't. If I had to absorb the extra five pounds then i wouldn't buy the shirt, that's my prerogative.What the Football Club prefer is irrelevant to me,they get plenty of cash off me as it is.

Don't let it get your back up its not worth it.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 8:22]
3rd kit on 08:34 - Oct 23 with 9151 viewsRalphs12

Let's all have a moan.

I'm quite happy to pay for it to be delivered, but then again I buy a lot of stuff online and that delivery charge is something I'm not overly fussed about. Also I recently paid £6 to pick something up in a store.
3rd kit on 08:56 - Oct 23 with 9133 viewsTalkingSutty

3rd kit on 08:34 - Oct 23 by Ralphs12

Let's all have a moan.

I'm quite happy to pay for it to be delivered, but then again I buy a lot of stuff online and that delivery charge is something I'm not overly fussed about. Also I recently paid £6 to pick something up in a store.

To be fair, its probably me being a dinosaur or a 'mong', but if i can save myself five quid i will. Those holidays won't pay for themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024