Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today: a bit of perspective 18:41 - Nov 7 with 11011 viewsNW5Hoop

I'm prepared to be told how wrong I am, because I've been saying this on Twitter and people have been doing so. Though I see Clive has been saying many of exactly the same things.

The first 20 minutes was good. First time I can remember applause for moves in ages. But that was it - after that, in the second half especially, we were no better than we have been for weeks, and we didn't create a single chance all game.

It's not that I expect any manager to effect a miracle in three days, but today really highlighted, for me, double standards among some of our fans. The team didn't have to play badly for Ramsey to get slated; if we won, it was despite him, if we failed to win it was because of him. His team selections, regardless of how players performed, were ripped to shreds. So, if Ramsey had announced a team with Henry at right back, with Luongo, Chery and JET all on the bench, and with Hoilett starting, he'd have had to be prepared for the crowd to turn Loftus Road into Baghdad if we didn't go four up in the first 20 minutes.

And if he'd then overseen a game in which we created no chances against a very poor team, he'd have been slaughtered. If he'd then switched to 4-4-2 for the last 20, but with a player in JET who seemed to have no idea what job he was actually meant to be doing in a 4-4-2, he'd have been slaughtered - remember Brentford?

My point is not that Warnock should be slaughtered, because he shouldn't, but that the problems in the club run a whole lot deeper than Ramsey having been running the team for 10 months.

I've had people telling me it was a distinct improvement, that we had a shape (same shape as the rest of the season, pretty much). That the defence looked sound (as it has for the last four games, by and large - you can't blame Ramsey for Onouha switching off against Brentford). That we passed well (for 20 mins, after which we started hitting the channels. In fact, I could hear Warnock shouting "Hit the long diagonals!" at one point, which doesn't sound like a man craving intricate passing).

Henry and Hoilett did both play well. But that's not the point: the point is that a lot of Rangers fans decided they were an absolute crock of it and should never be near the team. Ramsey was an idiot for even playing Henry. Yet Warnock plays Henry, out of position, and not a whisper …

You can't have it both ways.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2015 18:58]
Today: a bit of perspective on 19:31 - Nov 8 with 1691 viewsdaveB

Today: a bit of perspective on 16:54 - Nov 8 by richpr

1st 30 minutes we played much better than we have all season. We actually used the midfield to pass it around + we played in on the ground. I admit that we couldn't keep it up in the 2nd half - mainly for 2 reasons a) Faurlin cant do 90 minutes any more b) they pushed right up on our midfield to stop them. Sorry Dave but most do actually prefer watching them try and playing a bit of football to that absolute long ball cr*p we played under Ramsey

Fair enough if you thought we played well, I didn't think we were all that, i thought we created nothing all game and looked clueless
Today: a bit of perspective on 20:24 - Nov 8 with 1632 viewsrichpr

Today: a bit of perspective on 19:31 - Nov 8 by daveB

Fair enough if you thought we played well, I didn't think we were all that, i thought we created nothing all game and looked clueless

I was just happy to see an attacking formation at home instead of the usual 2 holding midfielders and I thought for 30 minutes we were quite good. I agree with you though that the last 60 minutes we reverted back to the tried and tested method of passing the buck and hoofing it up. That obviously played into PNE's hands who I thought were physically stronger and definitely fitter. Why Fer and Sandro can't get fit so they can play 90 minutes is beyond me.

I thought there were some signs of improvement though which I couldn't see for the last 6 weeks
Today: a bit of perspective on 20:42 - Nov 8 with 1615 viewsNeil_SI

Today: a bit of perspective on 20:24 - Nov 8 by richpr

I was just happy to see an attacking formation at home instead of the usual 2 holding midfielders and I thought for 30 minutes we were quite good. I agree with you though that the last 60 minutes we reverted back to the tried and tested method of passing the buck and hoofing it up. That obviously played into PNE's hands who I thought were physically stronger and definitely fitter. Why Fer and Sandro can't get fit so they can play 90 minutes is beyond me.

I thought there were some signs of improvement though which I couldn't see for the last 6 weeks

That reminds me of a discussion me and Clive had some time ago, when we realised a lot of supporters views were only based on the "home" matches, because not as many go to the away ones obviously and that probably skewed perception.

Last season our best performances, and markedly so, were the ones away from home in the Premier League under Ramsey. The said probably could be said in some parts this season, where we played very well for an hour against Charlton on the opening day and despite some flaws at Wolves, were excellent and very exciting there.

We also had a professional performance at Yeovil, a workmanlike win at Huddersfield that Warnock would have been proud of and a decent result against Hull that were a bit unfortunate not to win.

And a lot of those matches gave you the hope that we'd eventually turn into a fully fledged and fast counter attacking team that could entertain. But at Loftus Road, that was never going to be the case as sides will always come and sit tight behind the ball, so there was a very different expectation and style needed to break those teams down and in a bid to do so, turned the opposition into the dangerous counter attacking team we wanted to be instead.
Today: a bit of perspective on 21:12 - Nov 8 with 1585 viewsPunteR

Today: a bit of perspective on 20:42 - Nov 8 by Neil_SI

That reminds me of a discussion me and Clive had some time ago, when we realised a lot of supporters views were only based on the "home" matches, because not as many go to the away ones obviously and that probably skewed perception.

Last season our best performances, and markedly so, were the ones away from home in the Premier League under Ramsey. The said probably could be said in some parts this season, where we played very well for an hour against Charlton on the opening day and despite some flaws at Wolves, were excellent and very exciting there.

We also had a professional performance at Yeovil, a workmanlike win at Huddersfield that Warnock would have been proud of and a decent result against Hull that were a bit unfortunate not to win.

And a lot of those matches gave you the hope that we'd eventually turn into a fully fledged and fast counter attacking team that could entertain. But at Loftus Road, that was never going to be the case as sides will always come and sit tight behind the ball, so there was a very different expectation and style needed to break those teams down and in a bid to do so, turned the opposition into the dangerous counter attacking team we wanted to be instead.

Who do you want as manager next Neil?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:20 - Nov 8 with 1580 viewsstevec

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:12 - Nov 8 by PunteR

Who do you want as manager next Neil?

Ramsey
Today: a bit of perspective on 21:26 - Nov 8 with 1571 viewsPunteR

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:20 - Nov 8 by stevec

Ramsey

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:56 - Nov 8 with 1539 viewsdaveB

Today: a bit of perspective on 20:24 - Nov 8 by richpr

Show how people can see a game differently, I thought Sandro and Faurlin were both holding midfield players, i genuinely didn't think it was any different to the last few games under Ramsey which were roundly slaughtered. Only real difference was we had a bit more width but never really used it to good effect.
Today: a bit of perspective on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 1532 viewsbaz_qpr

Its very unusual for the best managers not to have done their "apprenticeship " lower down the leagues, of course you take your opportunities where they come and you could argue that you have to take your opportunities where they come but it takes a few years surely before you've built up enough experience to be worthy of a prem job
Login to get fewer ads

Today: a bit of perspective on 10:23 - Nov 9 with 1436 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ironic that the people who think 10 months was not long enough to judge Ramsey, are judging Warnock's lack of impact after 3 days...

NW picking Henry (successfully) at right back is probably a direct result of watching Onouha's performances at fullback under Ramsey.

I thought CR was terrible but i'm equally concerned we might make another poor appointment (like Sherwood). Hopefully we've learned some lessons.
Today: a bit of perspective on 10:48 - Nov 9 with 1421 viewsJonDoeman

Today: a bit of perspective on 10:23 - Nov 9 by adhoc_qpr

Ironic that the people who think 10 months was not long enough to judge Ramsey, are judging Warnock's lack of impact after 3 days...

NW picking Henry (successfully) at right back is probably a direct result of watching Onouha's performances at fullback under Ramsey.

I thought CR was terrible but i'm equally concerned we might make another poor appointment (like Sherwood). Hopefully we've learned some lessons.

There might be double standards at work!

It Is What It Is !!

Today: a bit of perspective on 11:31 - Nov 9 with 1402 viewsNW5Hoop

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:56 - Nov 8 by daveB

Show how people can see a game differently, I thought Sandro and Faurlin were both holding midfield players, i genuinely didn't think it was any different to the last few games under Ramsey which were roundly slaughtered. Only real difference was we had a bit more width but never really used it to good effect.

Me too. It didn't look like a true 4-4-2 to me.

Looked like a 4-2-3-1, but with the centre man of the three pushed forward.
Today: a bit of perspective on 11:35 - Nov 9 with 1381 viewsNW5Hoop

No one's judging Warnock and saying he's crap. Some of us are saying that was the kind of team and performance that would have had people rioting under Ramsey, but is getting nods of approval under Warnock. We are suggesting that the problems at the club lie not so much in the coaching as the way the club is run, and the way this has affected the playing staff.

Also, after Sheff Weds and MK, plenty of people here were saying how plainly Warnock coming in had changed things round and sorted the defence. Then Brentford and Derby became Ramsey's fault again.
Today: a bit of perspective on 12:12 - Nov 9 with 1348 viewsadhoc_qpr

Today: a bit of perspective on 11:35 - Nov 9 by NW5Hoop

No one's judging Warnock and saying he's crap. Some of us are saying that was the kind of team and performance that would have had people rioting under Ramsey, but is getting nods of approval under Warnock. We are suggesting that the problems at the club lie not so much in the coaching as the way the club is run, and the way this has affected the playing staff.

Also, after Sheff Weds and MK, plenty of people here were saying how plainly Warnock coming in had changed things round and sorted the defence. Then Brentford and Derby became Ramsey's fault again.

Of course the team and performance was the same - it was 3 days turnaround...

If you listen to the podcast interview of Rob Green, you'll hear that Warnock had only been in for a couple of hours in the first week back at the club and had done very little other than talk to some of the players.

The club does has long term deficiencies, but can we stop using them for an excuse in the short term please?

We have a squad that is talented but unbalanced. Many people (including the board clearly) believe a more capable manager than CR can get more consistent performances and better results from it in the next few months.

The long term issues are apparently being looked at by LF and Hoos, but they aren't quick fixes and all championship clubs have their fair share of flaws and weaknesses.
Today: a bit of perspective on 13:23 - Nov 9 with 1302 viewsbaz_qpr

The meanest team in England?

Preston set new club clean sheets record: <a href=" " target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://t.co/HJL8wlC8z1"> https://t.co/HJL8wlC8z1</a> <a href=" pic.twitter.com/yKdODCrUUG</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://t.co/yKdODCrUUG">pic.twitter.com/yKdODCrUUG</a>

– BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="
9, 2015</a>
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 13:24]
Today: a bit of perspective on 15:08 - Nov 9 with 1265 viewsdaveB

Who is judging Warnock on 3 days? I don't think anyone has given him any stick at all.
Today: a bit of perspective on 09:22 - Nov 10 with 1178 viewsrichpr

Today: a bit of perspective on 21:56 - Nov 8 by daveB

Sandro and Faurlin might be holding midfielders but they are capable (esp. Faurlin) of passing the ball forward and occasionally to a hooped shirt. We played some nice stuff on the left wing until Hoilett's customary poor final delivery. I personally think Warnock will get things back on track by finding a system to get Austin scoring again and by getting the team fitter. We have so many players that can't do it for 90 mins - Fer, Sandro, Faurlin, Chery, Luongo. Phillips and Austin have to do more than they've been showing in the last few weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024