Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Support acts better than the main acts. 13:37 - Jun 7 with 11278 viewsMonahoop

Another music post, so what it's summer and many LFW posters seem to love their music

Was there ever a concert or gig you went to where you thought the support act seemed to upstage the main act you paid good money to see? Mine was about 3 years ago at the O2 in Dublin when Clapton came to town. Andy Fairweather Low was his support act. He put life and soul into his sadly short 45 minute slot and I forgot what a good musician he was. His backing band were excellent. Then on plodded Eric, stood stutue like for an hour and a half plugging his old standards from Cream to recent stuff without any real feeling on his beloved strat, Blackie. Don't get me wrong, but I like Clapton at least most of his earlier offerings pre Lay Down Sally, but on the night I felt all he wanted to do was turn up then bugger off. There was no connection with his fans, just a cold performance. It was dull. Not good from one of the so called best guitarists alive.

Anyone else have an upstaging story?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Support acts better than the main acts. on 06:00 - Jun 10 with 1412 viewsozexile

Support acts better than the main acts. on 19:58 - Jun 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wolfmother are my favourite band.

I went to see Wolfmother about 10 years ago at the hordern pavillion. I was convinced they were gonna be the biggest band in the world. What a show.
Support acts better than the main acts. on 13:20 - Jun 10 with 1358 viewsDannyPaddox

Upstaging? Any time the Tiger Cubs have played half time at Loftus Road. Wiped the floor with the main act. In fact my best memory of 2014/15.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 13:21]
Support acts better than the main acts. on 13:33 - Jun 10 with 1355 viewsOllie23

2012 Hyde Park for the Hard Rock Calling festival. Although he didn't upstage Springsteen (if that's even possible), John Fogerty was brilliant before the main act. Played some CCR classics and got everyone going before the E Street Band hit the stage. Saw them for the 3rd time at the Etihad late last month and they were spectacular...
Support acts better than the main acts. on 14:01 - Jun 10 with 1344 viewsRamseyR

Support acts better than the main acts. on 19:58 - Jun 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wolfmother are my favourite band.

Wolfmother were awesome.
I also saw the Automatic supporting the Kooks at Cambridge uni/pol, very early in both their careers as it cost me £5 to get in. The Automatic were very good. They had a keyboard player who must have been a wannabe front man, as he upstaged the lead singer.
Support acts better than the main acts. on 18:01 - Jun 10 with 1303 viewsLlanranger

Gay Bikers on Acid saved the day when The Cult were awful at Birmingham Odean, Blaggers TTA and Credit to the Nation were both far better than the Manic Street Preachers at Wolverhampton, but it was when Richie was having his terminal meltdown, Thatcher on Acid played Blythe Power off the 'stage' at The Mermaid in Birmingham, and Culture Shock did the same at Bowes Lyon House in Stevenage. Always worth trying to be on time for the support act.
Support acts better than the main acts. on 23:47 - Jul 6 with 1186 viewsizlingtonhoop

Elvis Costello and the Imposters.
Tonight.
Roundhouse.
No Support,
Straight in.
Marvelous .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024