Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Helluva day. 13:34 - Jul 6 with 2754 viewsTheBlob

Blair gets a mild slap,Hillary walks free of a treason rap and Oscar gets 6 years for brutal murder.
And on Thursday......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Helluva day. on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 2743 viewsPinnerPaul

You forgot Messi!
Helluva day. on 13:37 - Jul 6 with 2740 viewsTheBlob

Helluva day. on 13:35 - Jul 6 by PinnerPaul

You forgot Messi!

Helluva day. on 13:51 - Jul 6 with 2698 viewsFredManRave

Not forgetting the pound hitting a new 31 year low.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Helluva day. on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 2666 viewsLongsufferingR

.....and the moral of the story as we all know: If you're going to commit a serious crime, get rich first and there will be no consequences.
Helluva day. on 14:19 - Jul 6 with 2615 viewsbob566

isn't it amazing that this couple have committed what is perceived as a more serious crime

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/this-couple-face-jail-for-throwing-pizza-rolls-
Helluva day. on 14:46 - Jul 6 with 2543 viewsBoston

Helluva day. on 14:19 - Jul 6 by bob566

isn't it amazing that this couple have committed what is perceived as a more serious crime

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/this-couple-face-jail-for-throwing-pizza-rolls-

Why would you be reading American domestic assault guff, squire?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Helluva day. on 14:49 - Jul 6 with 2537 viewsCFW

History will show some truly despicable Prime Ministers but Mr Blair is, in my opinion, right up at the top of the pile. A real slime-ball, smug face, arrogant piece of shite that should be in jail.

When I think of all those brave men and women who gave their lives and those poor parents who have lost their loved ones while that thing lives in a life of luxury with a fortune of close on £100million.
Helluva day. on 14:54 - Jul 6 with 2520 viewsexiled_dictator

Helluva day. on 14:49 - Jul 6 by CFW

History will show some truly despicable Prime Ministers but Mr Blair is, in my opinion, right up at the top of the pile. A real slime-ball, smug face, arrogant piece of shite that should be in jail.

When I think of all those brave men and women who gave their lives and those poor parents who have lost their loved ones while that thing lives in a life of luxury with a fortune of close on £100million.

you forgot the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who also also paid the ultimate price.
some estimates reach as high as 200,000 dead.
sickening.
he and bush should really go to jail.
but jail is (generally) only for poor people with no influence or friends.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Login to get fewer ads

Helluva day. on 14:58 - Jul 6 with 2504 viewskensalriser

Probably more since instability in Iraq has at the very least exacerbated the Syrian civil war.

Worth remembering that it wasn't just Blair. The question was put to Parliament and 412 MPS voted for the invasion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Helluva day. on 15:06 - Jul 6 with 2475 viewsSnipper

Helluva day. on 14:58 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

Probably more since instability in Iraq has at the very least exacerbated the Syrian civil war.

Worth remembering that it wasn't just Blair. The question was put to Parliament and 412 MPS voted for the invasion.

Based on lies.
Helluva day. on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 2437 viewsdaveB

Blair's speech has lasted almost as long as the Iraq War, he's still going
Helluva day. on 15:24 - Jul 6 with 2433 viewskensalriser

Helluva day. on 15:06 - Jul 6 by Snipper

Based on lies.

149 voted against.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Helluva day. on 15:48 - Jul 6 with 2377 viewsBoston

There'll be lots more loss of life in the 100 years war.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Helluva day. on 16:12 - Jul 6 with 2323 viewsexiled_dictator

The fact is that parliament and the public were continually told lies and false information that Blair knew was not true.
Some MP believed him, with a moral compass.
Many simply knew better but the overwhelming wave to go to war won.
He has not apologised for lying and deception.
He should be tried and sent to jail regardless of the outcome.
He is guilty as charged.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Helluva day. on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 2310 viewsCFW

Helluva day. on 14:54 - Jul 6 by exiled_dictator

you forgot the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who also also paid the ultimate price.
some estimates reach as high as 200,000 dead.
sickening.
he and bush should really go to jail.
but jail is (generally) only for poor people with no influence or friends.

You are quite right to mention those people as well - I had not forgotten them just had to get it off my chest. Totally agree he should be in jail but unfortunately that is not going to happen - he was so full of his own self importance. A liar who has been found out.
Helluva day. on 17:14 - Jul 6 with 2230 views1BobbyHazell

Let's not forget that he spent nearly 10 years in the role of Middle East Peace Envoy. Which can only be likened to putting Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith in charge of Child Protection.
Helluva day. on 17:26 - Jul 6 with 2179 viewsjohncharles

Back to Pistorius. How can anyone anywhere only get six years for murder ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Helluva day. on 17:59 - Jul 6 with 2124 viewsnadera78

Helluva day. on 16:12 - Jul 6 by exiled_dictator

The fact is that parliament and the public were continually told lies and false information that Blair knew was not true.
Some MP believed him, with a moral compass.
Many simply knew better but the overwhelming wave to go to war won.
He has not apologised for lying and deception.
He should be tried and sent to jail regardless of the outcome.
He is guilty as charged.

That's not a fact at all. Both the Butler Inquiry and now the Chilcot Inquiry have said that Blair didn't lie. And I just watched Butler repeat that statement live on TV.

There was an interesting piece in the Guardian yesterday where Geoffrey Robetson QC - big leftie and human rights lawyer - ruled out Blair being taken to court. He was damning of Blair but his opinion was that no laws were broken because there was no appropriate law to break. There are laws in place now but they're obviously not retroactive.

There are, however, lots of other things you can blame Blair for.
Helluva day. on 18:26 - Jul 6 with 2083 viewsjohncharles

Helluva day. on 15:24 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

149 voted against.

Most of whom were ridiculed and vilified.

Strong and stable my arse.

Helluva day. on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 2067 viewsstevec

Can't stand Blair but surely the emphasis should be on precisely who gave the misinformation on wmd's and how they reached that conclusion. Ultimately that information led to his decision.
Helluva day. on 18:51 - Jul 6 with 2037 viewsjohnhoop

Helluva day. on 18:32 - Jul 6 by stevec

Can't stand Blair but surely the emphasis should be on precisely who gave the misinformation on wmd's and how they reached that conclusion. Ultimately that information led to his decision.

Surely the point was that Blair was so desperate to ingratiate himself with Bush and support him in his revenge bid against Saddam Hussein, that he was only interested in interpreting the information in ways that suited his own pre-determined agenda.
Helluva day. on 18:57 - Jul 6 with 2021 viewsdistortR

Helluva day. on 17:59 - Jul 6 by nadera78

That's not a fact at all. Both the Butler Inquiry and now the Chilcot Inquiry have said that Blair didn't lie. And I just watched Butler repeat that statement live on TV.

There was an interesting piece in the Guardian yesterday where Geoffrey Robetson QC - big leftie and human rights lawyer - ruled out Blair being taken to court. He was damning of Blair but his opinion was that no laws were broken because there was no appropriate law to break. There are laws in place now but they're obviously not retroactive.

There are, however, lots of other things you can blame Blair for.

chilcot was part of the butler enquiry, so was hardly likely to find against himself. Bush and bliar arranged this war, the euphanism being regime change, in the preceding years. Justice is bought and the lawyers get fat.
Helluva day. on 19:28 - Jul 6 with 1969 viewsTheBlob

All sorts of rumours abounded.That Bush had supplied Saddam with WMD's and was desperate the canisters with USA markings on them weren't found.
What was certain was Blair's pronouncement that the Al Samoud missile that was mooted could hit bases in Cyprus.That got quickly dropped - you kind of knew then the fix was in.
Bliar deserves a little annexe in Hell all to himself.

Helluva day. on 01:55 - Jul 7 with 1797 viewsCanadaRanger

I had old friends in the Kurdish part of Iraq and in Mosul. The first would have been very pleased when Saddam was overthrown (he'd taken a bullet from one of Saddam's thugs and survived). The second, now that the worse thugs are in control in Mosul, probably has a different opinion. Things certainly changed for the worse!

Blair must take a lot of blame for the deaths in Iraq, and he must feel some responsibility for what is now happening - the insane brutality of ISIS. I don't think anyone could have seen the extent of that coming. Obama and Clinton removing US troops before the country was stable again wear that one.

Some writers of history may report Blair as a pawn, or useful idiot, in what others (e.g. in Jordan) have already identified (from a middle east perspective) as a multi-generational civil war inside Islam, which has no end in sight, but in which the traditional rival and enemy of Iraq is now gaining the upper hand..
[Post edited 7 Jul 2016 1:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024