Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting closer at Bolton 16:44 - Jun 8 with 13278 viewsrobtheb

According to BBC Radio Manchester today, Steve Cotterill and Neil Adkins are the 2 final names for the Managers job.
Saying announcement will be made later this week or early next.

Although they did say on Monday morning decision would be announced within 48 hours.....been and gone!

Watch this space.

Getting closer at Bolton on 18:35 - Jun 9 with 3221 viewsSuddenLad

Getting closer at Bolton on 18:25 - Jun 9 by BrighouseDale

A lot of BCFC supporters believe the club is some kind of sleeping giant, and they're too big for the lower leagues. I'd hazard a guess that they'll be far more demanding of the manager than Barnsley supporters were. Could Hilly cope with their constant nagging?

The clowns at Giggle Lane have similar delusions of grandeur......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Getting closer at Bolton on 19:37 - Jun 9 with 3115 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Anyone got an update on what vacancies there are ?
Getting closer at Bolton on 21:25 - Jun 9 with 2996 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Getting closer at Bolton on 19:37 - Jun 9 by DannyG_RAFC

You'll need your Badges Danny.
Getting closer at Bolton on 23:20 - Jun 9 with 2874 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Getting closer at Bolton on 21:25 - Jun 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

You'll need your Badges Danny.

I think you know what I meant haha
Getting closer at Bolton on 09:03 - Jun 10 with 2735 viewsfitzochris

Getting closer at Bolton on 18:06 - Jun 9 by dalestats

Or just common sense

Not really.

Unless any one of us has spoken directly to Parkinson, we cannot categorically say why he thinks Bolton is a better option to him than Bradford right now.

There could be myriad reasons.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:09 - Jun 10 with 2728 viewsfitzochris

Parkin has joined Parkinson at Bolton.

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:15 - Jun 10 with 2710 viewsdingdangblue

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:09 - Jun 10 by fitzochris

Parkin has joined Parkinson at Bolton.

And his son?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:17 - Jun 10 with 2705 viewsfitzochris

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:15 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

And his son?

There is something of an Icelandic ring to it all.

Login to get fewer ads

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:22 - Jun 10 with 2697 viewsTVOS1907

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:03 - Jun 10 by fitzochris

Not really.

Unless any one of us has spoken directly to Parkinson, we cannot categorically say why he thinks Bolton is a better option to him than Bradford right now.

There could be myriad reasons.

Inside info, probably.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:27 - Jun 10 with 2687 viewsJimmyRustler

Would Bradford really be that small of a fish if they've got new investors and near enough fill their 25,000 capacity stadium every week?

I think KH would be the kind of manager who could get them up and flirt with the playoffs again personally.
Getting closer at Bolton on 09:44 - Jun 10 with 2654 viewsSuddenLad

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:27 - Jun 10 by JimmyRustler

Would Bradford really be that small of a fish if they've got new investors and near enough fill their 25,000 capacity stadium every week?

I think KH would be the kind of manager who could get them up and flirt with the playoffs again personally.

I don't think that's the issue. Keith Hill operates in a specific way. He insists on certain conditions which most/many owners and Chairmen would not accede to.

If Parkinson sees his future away from Valley Parade, especially after a recent takeover, then I can't see what the appeal would be for KH, particularly if Parkinson sees Bolton as a better option and is willing to walk away from all the good work, success and rapport he has developed over the last few seasons. He can't take that with him. It's a massive leap into the unknown and nothing is guaranteed, regardless of Bolton's previous history.

Maybe the new BCFC owers are already lining up their preferred choice and Parkinson jumped before he was pushed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:45 - Jun 10 with 2654 viewsTVOS1907

I'm not sure they will fill their ground, unless they keep the season tickets at those low prices, which I would be dubious about new investors wanting to maintain long term.

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:49 - Jun 10 with 2644 viewsdingdangblue

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:45 - Jun 10 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure they will fill their ground, unless they keep the season tickets at those low prices, which I would be dubious about new investors wanting to maintain long term.

They have kept them at £149.

http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/grab-your-201617-season-ticket-3
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 9:51]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:15 - Jun 10 with 2603 viewsTVOS1907

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:49 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

They have kept them at £149.

http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/grab-your-201617-season-ticket-3
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 9:51]

But long term they probably won't do. Investors will want some return for their money.

In addition, Bradford have only ever got regular crowds above 20,000 when they were in the Premier League.

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:21 - Jun 10 with 2589 viewsTVOS1907

dalestats is your man.

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:28 - Jun 10 with 2372 viewsdingdangblue

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:15 - Jun 10 by TVOS1907

But long term they probably won't do. Investors will want some return for their money.

In addition, Bradford have only ever got regular crowds above 20,000 when they were in the Premier League.

Unless they get promoted to the Championship there's no need to increase? They sold 18,000 last season so why change that? Thats phenomenal at this level and other match day income increases because of the crowds - its win/win! Why risk putting it up with those figures? Obviously promotion might alter that.

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:29 - Jun 10 with 2371 viewslurker

Getting closer at Bolton on 18:25 - Jun 9 by BrighouseDale

A lot of BCFC supporters believe the club is some kind of sleeping giant, and they're too big for the lower leagues. I'd hazard a guess that they'll be far more demanding of the manager than Barnsley supporters were. Could Hilly cope with their constant nagging?

Hilly would manage expectations fantastically, I would imagine.
Watching him piss off the Bratfurt fans would be some consolation if he did jump ship to them. It would be decent entertainment!
Getting closer at Bolton on 10:43 - Jun 10 with 2333 viewsTVOS1907

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:28 - Jun 10 by dingdangblue

Unless they get promoted to the Championship there's no need to increase? They sold 18,000 last season so why change that? Thats phenomenal at this level and other match day income increases because of the crowds - its win/win! Why risk putting it up with those figures? Obviously promotion might alter that.

I don't trust foreign investors, especially in the lower leagues!

Getting closer at Bolton on 10:47 - Jun 10 with 2325 viewsTalkingSutty

I know what you're saying. Let's not kid ourself that Bradford are a smallish Club because they aren't, they are more than capable of holding their own in the Championship and their home support is a lot bigger than Boltons. German efficiency often brings favourable results so I am expecting Bradford to kick on over the next few years. I like Visiting Valley Parade you always feel as though it's a Community Club. We normally put on a excellent footballing display also, last season being no exception, we ran them ragged at times.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 10:54]
Getting closer at Bolton on 11:10 - Jun 10 with 2275 viewsdeeplishblue

Danny - the only vacancies you need concern yourself about is getting a job this summer.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Getting closer at Bolton on 11:24 - Jun 10 with 2241 viewsJimmyRustler

Getting closer at Bolton on 09:44 - Jun 10 by SuddenLad

I don't think that's the issue. Keith Hill operates in a specific way. He insists on certain conditions which most/many owners and Chairmen would not accede to.

If Parkinson sees his future away from Valley Parade, especially after a recent takeover, then I can't see what the appeal would be for KH, particularly if Parkinson sees Bolton as a better option and is willing to walk away from all the good work, success and rapport he has developed over the last few seasons. He can't take that with him. It's a massive leap into the unknown and nothing is guaranteed, regardless of Bolton's previous history.

Maybe the new BCFC owers are already lining up their preferred choice and Parkinson jumped before he was pushed.

The thing is, he isn't gonna get the kind of control that he has here anywhere else so it's a bit of a moot point to say he operates under certain conditions. He's earned said conditions but will need to learn to operate however he needs to in the circumstances he finds himself in.

Bradford would be a good job for him and tbh no one knows exactly why Parkinson has left anyway. I do think Bolton is quite an attractive prospect myself and perhaps he just thinks he's taken Bradford as far as he can go/is being offered a lot more money/wants a change of scenery. It's all pure speculation at this point.
Getting closer at Bolton on 11:32 - Jun 10 with 2204 viewsD_Alien

Getting closer at Bolton on 11:24 - Jun 10 by JimmyRustler

The thing is, he isn't gonna get the kind of control that he has here anywhere else so it's a bit of a moot point to say he operates under certain conditions. He's earned said conditions but will need to learn to operate however he needs to in the circumstances he finds himself in.

Bradford would be a good job for him and tbh no one knows exactly why Parkinson has left anyway. I do think Bolton is quite an attractive prospect myself and perhaps he just thinks he's taken Bradford as far as he can go/is being offered a lot more money/wants a change of scenery. It's all pure speculation at this point.

Not when it's so obviously common sense

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Getting closer at Bolton on 11:40 - Jun 10 with 2187 viewsTalkingSutty

Getting closer at Bolton on 11:24 - Jun 10 by JimmyRustler

I don't know the reasons he left Bradford but once they came a cropper in the Play Offs I know there were a lot of people suggesting it was time to sack him and bring in a new man. It was as though they thought that he had taken the Club as far as he could.

A Bradford fan I know was saying many months ago that unless they gained Promotion he would be out of a job. I suspect Parkinson saw the writing on the wall and a poor start to next season would see him become one of the first casualties of the season. Jumped before he was pushed and picked up a new contract in the process. He did a good job at Bradford and surrounded himself with ex-Daleys such as Parkin, Darby, McCardle and our Captain. Obviously a wise man.
Getting closer at Bolton on 12:01 - Jun 10 with 2141 viewsJimmyRustler

Getting closer at Bolton on 11:32 - Jun 10 by D_Alien

Not when it's so obviously common sense

Common sense/reading between the lines etc it's still only speculation unless you have the cold hard facts to back it up. There are plenty of other logical explanations aside from him jumping before he's pushed.

Sooner or later KH is gonna have to take a calculated risk if he wants to further his career. I don't think Bradford would be a bad punt should he want to throw his hat in the ring.
Getting closer at Bolton on 12:05 - Jun 10 with 2130 viewsD_Alien

Getting closer at Bolton on 12:01 - Jun 10 by JimmyRustler

Common sense/reading between the lines etc it's still only speculation unless you have the cold hard facts to back it up. There are plenty of other logical explanations aside from him jumping before he's pushed.

Sooner or later KH is gonna have to take a calculated risk if he wants to further his career. I don't think Bradford would be a bad punt should he want to throw his hat in the ring.

Couldn't agree more JR

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024