Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Window Cleaners out there? 19:19 - Sep 12 with 43591 viewsmilly

Just bought two very large rounds in Royton and Oldham.Need 4 persons on each round.Everything supplied.Non stop work Mon-Fri.£10 Per hour.Lots of shops and workplaces as well as houses.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:38 - Sep 12 with 2776 viewslabourer

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:36 - Sep 12 by milly

Just my secondary business.No official name as do not need one for rounds.Cards in though.

I'd get going now for that meal mate, it's getting late.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:41 - Sep 12 with 2769 viewsmilly

Table booked for 9.15. only a few mins walk away.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:51 - Sep 12 with 2736 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:31 - Sep 12 by milly

Dee Thai,near me in Hale.

Sounds like a ladyboy, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:22 - Sep 12 with 2612 viewsdingdangblue

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 19:57 - Sep 12 by milly

No need to pm.Sraight forward window cleaning.Working in pairs on houses,one back one front and in quartets on factories.Need to be able to do at least 8 houses per hour in pairs (doable according to relatives).Not timed and motioned factories as yet.

8 houses per hour (not including travel) is just over 7 mins spent per house. Can they really be cleaned properly in such a short time? We fired off our window cleaner a long time ago and do them ourselves now - properly.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:29 - Sep 12 with 2599 views442Dale

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:22 - Sep 12 by dingdangblue

8 houses per hour (not including travel) is just over 7 mins spent per house. Can they really be cleaned properly in such a short time? We fired off our window cleaner a long time ago and do them ourselves now - properly.

Wonder how many hours work there is each day Mon-Fri? 7/8hour day would mean 56/ 64 houses, around 300 a week.

Used to enjoy watching the old school window cleaners who'd do them quickly - it was an art. Still a couple of minutes per window for them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:57 - Sep 12 with 2560 viewsRAFCBLUE

I've thought about this and I'd like to apply.

I think I've got the skills for the job, great team player and work well with the general public.

A few questions:

1) What type of workplace pension do you offer is it defined contribution or final salary?
2) What is the paid holiday allowance? Are bank holidays included?
3) Is full training given?

Thanks very much in advance.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:12 - Sep 12 with 2543 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:22 - Sep 12 by dingdangblue

Can you come and do mine?

There's a Dale fan currently doing them, but he keeps sticking his prices up. Must need a new bucket or something!

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:21 - Sep 12 with 2531 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 22:57 - Sep 12 by RAFCBLUE

I've thought about this and I'd like to apply.

I think I've got the skills for the job, great team player and work well with the general public.

A few questions:

1) What type of workplace pension do you offer is it defined contribution or final salary?
2) What is the paid holiday allowance? Are bank holidays included?
3) Is full training given?

Thanks very much in advance.

Just message me your name,contact number and then i will get back to you.
Can answer the questions here though,
If you are business astute,you would know that window cleaning rounds are exempt from paid holidays and company pension schemes.It is a case of whatever you earn,thats that.Im sure that im paying enough to ensure you can put a bit by each week towards an holiday recess etc.

I did notice another message stating about the 8 houses per hour.My relatives have done it and say it is doable but,if anyone struggles,i would be willing to lower the hourly target but that would mean lowering the hourly payment.I would still need my profit on my outlay.
My £10 per hour rate is based upon that target.it is doable.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 23:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:26 - Sep 12 with 2514 views442Dale

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:21 - Sep 12 by milly

If you are business astute,you would know that window cleaning rounds are exempt from paid holidays and company pension schemes.It is a case of whatever you earn,thats that.Im sure that im paying enough to ensure you can put a bit by each week towards an holiday recess etc.

I did notice another message stating about the 8 houses per hour.My relatives have done it and say it is doable but,if anyone struggles,i would be willing to lower the hourly target but that would mean lowering the hourly payment.I would still need my profit on my outlay.

How many hours a week is it? Clarifying that could help increase the amount of applicants.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:30 - Sep 12 with 2509 viewsmilly

The target is currently being reached in a 6 hour day for residential houses (1 hour dinner break).Not timed and motioned the factories as yet.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:34 - Sep 12 with 2500 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:30 - Sep 12 by milly

The target is currently being reached in a 6 hour day for residential houses (1 hour dinner break).Not timed and motioned the factories as yet.

How was the meal?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:40 - Sep 12 with 2488 viewsmilly

Lush.Tom yum soup with prawns followed byThai fried rice with prawns & peas.
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:42 - Sep 12 with 2481 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:40 - Sep 12 by milly

Lush.Tom yum soup with prawns followed byThai fried rice with prawns & peas.

Hope you could see out of the windows,

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:43 - Sep 12 with 2479 viewsmilly

my lads could do a better job
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:45 - Sep 12 with 2473 viewsmilly

Nobody is interested so i will need to look elsewhere it seems.probably only need another 5 lads because my 2 nephews and son in law are enjoying this line of work.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 23:48]
Any Window Cleaners out there? (n/t) on 23:58 - Sep 12 with 2041 viewsmilly

[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 0:00]
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 00:01 - Sep 13 with 2035 viewsmilly

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 20:34 - Sep 12 by labourer

A fair point. I'll send him a PM now and let you all know if I get the job. Sounds pretty nailed on though from what he said at the start of the thread so should be a doddle.

still no message
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 02:38 - Sep 13 with 1951 viewsboffley

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 19:57 - Sep 12 by milly

No need to pm.Sraight forward window cleaning.Working in pairs on houses,one back one front and in quartets on factories.Need to be able to do at least 8 houses per hour in pairs (doable according to relatives).Not timed and motioned factories as yet.

So---8 houses per hour in pairs. That's £20 in wages and at an average of say £7 per house an income of £56. For 2 teams (you want 4 people) that's doubled to £112 for a £40 outlay by you in wages. Now for a 6 hour day (your figures) that means you are making (gross) 112 minus 40 multiplied by 6 per day = £432 or £ 2160 per week just for owning two window cleaning rounds and doing nothing yourself. . Hmmmm.

Granted you will have some overheads from that (like buckets etc)but if you want to try "wind ups" in the future may I suggest doing a little research and getting the figures right to start with .

By the way some of your replies concerning the law and employment are laughable.

I do hope your out of work relatives enjoy working for you.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 7:00]
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 06:47 - Sep 13 with 1896 viewsRAFCBLUE

Milly - you're massively contradictory. All I want is some basic information to see if this is the next role for me.

I'm ambitious and want to scale new heights into a role that will give me a window into a whole new world. I'm confident I'd smash your targets but obviously not the Windows!

I see this as the first step on my ladder of success and with you as my mentor I think I could wring and squeeze out every drop of opportunity and sparkle - much like the windows I'll be cleaning.

I'm confused though - will I be employed or self employed? You suggest an hourly rate which to me means I'm your employee. I assume you'll be responsible for my taxes and national insurance?

What about insurance? I'd hate to have an accident which is someone else's fault and either drop you in it or kick the bucket!

I'd need some time off too - and I think legally you've got to offer me a holiday unless my contract of employment says not. Can you let me know?

I'm obviously not as business astute as you are so what's to stop an angry customer or neighbour or competitor window cleaner just throwing me (or your nephew or son-in-law) for that matter off the ladder? That would be a nasty fall!

There's a few Salford lads I know who are budding entrepreneurs like you pal and they like to protect their business patches. Do you have the same strategy?

I guess it's tough at the top (of the ladder!)

Anyway, you've got my details - really hope to hear from you.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 07:11 - Sep 13 with 1875 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 23:45 - Sep 12 by milly

Nobody is interested so i will need to look elsewhere it seems.probably only need another 5 lads because my 2 nephews and son in law are enjoying this line of work.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 23:48]

Maybe nobody needs a job.

Try www.gigglane.com.

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 07:13 - Sep 13 with 1871 viewsTVOS1907

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 02:38 - Sep 13 by boffley

So---8 houses per hour in pairs. That's £20 in wages and at an average of say £7 per house an income of £56. For 2 teams (you want 4 people) that's doubled to £112 for a £40 outlay by you in wages. Now for a 6 hour day (your figures) that means you are making (gross) 112 minus 40 multiplied by 6 per day = £432 or £ 2160 per week just for owning two window cleaning rounds and doing nothing yourself. . Hmmmm.

Granted you will have some overheads from that (like buckets etc)but if you want to try "wind ups" in the future may I suggest doing a little research and getting the figures right to start with .

By the way some of your replies concerning the law and employment are laughable.

I do hope your out of work relatives enjoy working for you.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 7:00]

He'll be able to get plenty of buckets for free, I imagine.

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 07:24 - Sep 13 with 1860 viewsdingdangblue

Of course its do-able - but that wasn't the point I was making.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 09:07 - Sep 13 with 1768 viewsD_Alien

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 07:13 - Sep 13 by TVOS1907

He'll be able to get plenty of buckets for free, I imagine.

They'll need fewer holes than his employment offer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 09:29 - Sep 13 with 1745 viewslabourer

Any Window Cleaners out there? on 00:01 - Sep 13 by milly

still no message

I did admit to being a little confused if you remember rightly. You said there was no need to message you originally so I stayed up till four trying all kinds of mind reading techniques, alas to no avail.

When do I start?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2016 9:34]
Any Window Cleaners out there? on 10:00 - Sep 13 with 1694 viewsFrog

I don't get how people can take the p*ss and try to belittle someone who is offering work. If it's below you, or just not for you then butt out, but I've had breaks in employment and been glad for anything I could get. Hope you get sorted Milly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024