Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road 13:32 - Oct 2 with 4224 viewssuperstan

Is the poor atmosphere working against us as much as the vibrant one used to help us as we seem to do better away now and we've always been shite away, maybe the players are picking up on this and it's affecting their performance, so maybe less pressure playing away.
Loftus Road on 13:55 - Oct 2 with 4176 viewsDejR_vu

I just think the way JFH sets us up is better suited to playing away. At home the onus is on the home team to take the game to the opposition. He sets us up not to lose. So you basically have two teams trying not to lose at Loftus Road.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Loftus Road on 16:40 - Oct 2 with 3983 viewsDorse

We should light some scented candles and play Enya CDs in the changing rooms. If they don't emerge wanting to kill someone there's something wrong with them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Loftus Road on 18:12 - Oct 2 with 3890 viewsbosh67

JFH has to set up to attack at Loftus Road. That mostly means 2 up front and a high line. We will get caught, we will lose games but we are much better on the front foot at home, so we will win more than we lose, and we will be entertaining. JFH has to realise that the atmosphere at Rangers is better when we are on the front foot, taking a game to the opposition.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Loftus Road on 23:30 - Oct 2 with 3686 viewsNortholt_Rs

Loftus Road on 16:40 - Oct 2 by Dorse

We should light some scented candles and play Enya CDs in the changing rooms. If they don't emerge wanting to kill someone there's something wrong with them.

Or make the players watch this before stepping out on our hallowed turf:

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Loftus Road on 12:14 - Oct 3 with 3473 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes....trying to play when being castigated for every little error and even when passing backwards to a colleague... leads to nervous or frightened players making more errors or players trying too hard and making rushed mistakes. See Fulham on Saturday where the crowd are not as vociferous as ours but still lots of mistakes from their players. Nervous snatched chances and missed penalties. If they had just a few less errors they would have won the game easily. Whereas our players were lifted by a supportive away following willing them to a result and I think our mistakes were mostly positional, organisational and off the ball.

I just hope the kudos from this result hasn't worn off, when we get our next chance to get behind them in two weeks time!
Loftus Road on 20:52 - Oct 3 with 3299 viewsrrrspricey

Loftus Road on 13:55 - Oct 2 by DejR_vu

I just think the way JFH sets us up is better suited to playing away. At home the onus is on the home team to take the game to the opposition. He sets us up not to lose. So you basically have two teams trying not to lose at Loftus Road.

Errrm, Newcastle set up to not lose?
Loftus Road on 21:04 - Oct 3 with 3283 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loftus Road on 23:30 - Oct 2 by Northolt_Rs

Or make the players watch this before stepping out on our hallowed turf:

They did the other year when we went down. I think the cocaine scene in Scarface would have been more relevant...
Loftus Road on 00:25 - Oct 4 with 3168 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Loftus Road on 20:52 - Oct 3 by rrrspricey

Errrm, Newcastle set up to not lose?

He probably did actually.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road on 06:42 - Oct 4 with 3144 viewsLadbrokeR

Loftus Road on 12:14 - Oct 3 by francisbowles

Yes....trying to play when being castigated for every little error and even when passing backwards to a colleague... leads to nervous or frightened players making more errors or players trying too hard and making rushed mistakes. See Fulham on Saturday where the crowd are not as vociferous as ours but still lots of mistakes from their players. Nervous snatched chances and missed penalties. If they had just a few less errors they would have won the game easily. Whereas our players were lifted by a supportive away following willing them to a result and I think our mistakes were mostly positional, organisational and off the ball.

I just hope the kudos from this result hasn't worn off, when we get our next chance to get behind them in two weeks time!

You don't say if they had made few less errors they would have won the game easily. Within those errors are included 2,missed penalties and a free kick that hit the bar and a shot cleared off the line by Caulker and the easiest of tap ins to name but a few. Am I right in saying that you think if Fulham were under less pressure from their fans and were more supportive they would have gone in. Please don't kid yourself if their first penalty had gone in it would have been different. If you take this argument to its logical conclusion teams with vocal support that get behind their team lose less games which maybe the case. That said games like Saturday don't take place on account of players reactions to the crowd.
Loftus Road on 09:46 - Oct 4 with 3077 viewsDieByYourSide

Only taking into account points from home games we're 21st/24 - away 2nd!

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england2

Poll: And it's hi ho

Loftus Road on 09:52 - Oct 4 with 3073 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road on 06:42 - Oct 4 by LadbrokeR

You don't say if they had made few less errors they would have won the game easily. Within those errors are included 2,missed penalties and a free kick that hit the bar and a shot cleared off the line by Caulker and the easiest of tap ins to name but a few. Am I right in saying that you think if Fulham were under less pressure from their fans and were more supportive they would have gone in. Please don't kid yourself if their first penalty had gone in it would have been different. If you take this argument to its logical conclusion teams with vocal support that get behind their team lose less games which maybe the case. That said games like Saturday don't take place on account of players reactions to the crowd.

I am not sure what you mean by your opening sentence, whether it is sarcasm or you missed the part where I did say that?

However, my paragraph is not saying definitely but suggesting maybe!

Fulham players under pressure, seems to be ongoing problems at the club, are more likely to be nervous, hence, over thinking situations leading to bad decision making and poor execution. Crowd getting on top of them doesn't help just increases the nerves and fear factor.

They only needed two of those misses, you highlighted, to have gone in and they would have won! I don't think the first penalty was a poor miss rather an excellent, almost unbelievable save. However, if they had taken some chances then it would have been different as we would have been chasing the game not defending, I use the term loosely, a lead or a point as we were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024