Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Bignot 20:00 - Nov 3 with 4317 viewsNorthernr

Utterly depressed by the Brexit and Sherwood threads so how about this... Marcus Bignot about to be manager at Grimsby, worked his way up by managing Birmingham Ladies and then Solihull Moors, part time team he's promoted into the Conference.

Thought he was a really good signing for us twice. Proper full back who could actually play the position. Rarely gets a mention when we're looking back fondly on those times.
Marcus Bignot on 22:11 - Nov 4 with 814 viewsNorthernr

Marcus Bignot on 10:56 - Nov 4 by WestbourneR

Or maybe not! Aziz Askar was quality, composed, centre back. Amazing what we dredged up on free.

Same with Padula - I remember it took a while to persuade Ollie to put him in the team but once we did we never looked back.

Padula getting in the team, and Cook's arrival on loan, was a key moment that season. He hadn't played at all first half of the season, and had played left wing with Williams left back on the rare occasions he was selected. Another class act.
Marcus Bignot on 23:33 - Nov 4 with 775 viewskensalriser

Marcus Bignot on 21:39 - Nov 4 by Brightonhoop

Bignot got better and better as a player I thought. We could do with his sought today.

My best memory of him was against Crewe, one of theirs taking a throw in from R Block and some fella jumps up and says 'Look at me Mum, I'm playing for Crewe!' Bloke drops his shoulders, with a terrible throw in, Bignot takes possession and clears the danger.

haha! There's a guy who sits in R block row D or E seat thirty something that I'd lay money on to come out with something like that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marcus Bignot on 23:51 - Nov 4 with 769 viewsBrightonhoop

Marcus Bignot on 23:33 - Nov 4 by kensalriser

haha! There's a guy who sits in R block row D or E seat thirty something that I'd lay money on to come out with something like that.

Everyone to a man whinced open mouthed. haha The kind of comedic timing money cant buy. Only at the Rangers.
Marcus Bignot on 00:23 - Nov 5 with 750 viewsDannytheR

I've got really fond memories of Bignot - he was a steady, seasoned presence on the field at a time when the whole club was an absolute basket case. Always heard really good things about him off the pitch as well, so pleased things have worked out for him.

I remember him signing on the same day as that lad Alex Higgins, who came on near the end of the last game of the relegation season and played one of the maddest, most jaw-droppingly violent 10 minutes I've ever seen from a professional footballer. Knocked Samba Diakite into a cocked hat. I remember being absolutely gutted we had to let him go as we were under administration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024