Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie for f----s sake 18:41 - Nov 10 with 10387 viewskitkev

I cant believe you are even considering this clown, he admitted to losing the plot at palace, then got us relegated, and some of you believe he is the future.

Not My club and all that but really look at this logically, will he bring stability to your club, will you push for the play offs,will you avoid relegation, forget the connection to the club and give thought to what he brings to you.

If you get him as manager, i will be surprised if you are not in a relegation scrap within 5 games, he has nothing to offer but backward steps.
But hey Ho if you want him so be it.
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:44 - Nov 10 with 6263 viewsHunterhoop

Sounds like someone hasn't come to terms with his innermost feelings for this chirpy Bristolian, and still has a soft spot for him.

Jealousy is unbecoming of you, KitKev.
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:50 - Nov 10 with 6219 viewsWatfordR

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:44 - Nov 10 by Hunterhoop

Sounds like someone hasn't come to terms with his innermost feelings for this chirpy Bristolian, and still has a soft spot for him.

Yeah but there isn't very much in his post to disagree with though is there?
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:50 - Nov 10 with 6214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Listen, when Redknapp came on here loads of fans from his former clubs warned us about him and look how that turned out....wait, what was my point....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:51 - Nov 10 with 6200 viewsshedhateruk

im afraid i totally agree with kitkev,we will end up in div 1 with ollie back in charge
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:55 - Nov 10 with 6152 viewsPinnerPaul

But Ollie at Millwall isn't Ollie at QPR.

Hughes has done fine everywhere except.......

Redknapp even, did OK at Spurs

Moyes at Everton but now......

Martinez at Wigan and Swansea

All managers fit some clubs better than others & op doesn't realise know that most of us accept we are a mid table side, i'm on record as saying that letting JFH go was bonkers and wouldn't achieve a marked improvement - still feel that, but at least it will be a bit more fun (for a while.......)
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:55 - Nov 10 with 6147 viewsrsonist

I don't think even his staunchest supporter here thinks Holloway is the future.

You're right to think that the bet is entirely based on the connection to the club. Without that he wouldn't have been within a million miles of the job.

At the end of the day there were question marks over every candidate and for better or worse the club went for the only one that would unite the club. It's a sop to nostalgia and sentiment and yes perhaps ignorant reactionary senile dementia, but that's what buys the season tickets. I imagine the idea is that Les and the board are confident enough in the infrastructure and squad they've now put in place that they can slot in a motivator to blast through the division. Optimistic stuff. But either way it buys them time to assess for a better transition in the summer.
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:57 - Nov 10 with 6137 viewskitkev

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:44 - Nov 10 by Hunterhoop

sorry not logged on otherwise would awnser you.
Ollie for f----s sake on 18:57 - Nov 10 with 6129 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:51 - Nov 10 by shedhateruk

im afraid i totally agree with kitkev,we will end up in div 1 with ollie back in charge

But we wanted someone to take us out of this division!

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:00 - Nov 10 with 6097 viewskitkev

Ollie for f----s sake on 18:57 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

But we wanted someone to take us out of this division!

yes but which way out
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:02 - Nov 10 with 6081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:00 - Nov 10 by kitkev

yes but which way out

That was the joke my man.

Anyone got a pen and paper?

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:10 - Nov 10 with 6008 viewsVancouverHoop

"But Ollie at Millwall isn't Ollie at QPR."

But QPR in 2016, isn't QPR in 2004.

Nothing and no one stays the same.
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:15 - Nov 10 with 5968 viewskitkev

Whoosh
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:17 - Nov 10 with 5949 viewsToast_R

It'll be fun for a good 6 weeks at least.

Has he got the hunger and passion to do it all over again though? He's older, he's been around. Has football changed since 2001?

Theres not so many characters out there anymore. There's language and culture barriers in the dressing room.

I hope he can find that passion again because if he's not
Firing on all cylinders, he'll get found out pretty quick.
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:18 - Nov 10 with 5949 viewsvegasranger

We have become the vaudeville act that keeps on giving. Holloway was great for us at a certain period in our history. Not now. I just don't see what we as a club are trying to do. Why do we have so little imagination?
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:19 - Nov 10 with 5929 viewsswitchingcode

Surprised at this,I like Ollie and have had many a chat with him over the years but thought his management days where behind him.He is going well in his new media work.I would have thought Ainsworth would be a better choice if your looking at ex players.Karl Robinson would be worth a go.
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:19 - Nov 10 with 5922 viewseghamranger

Is that you Tim? How's Swindon?
Ollie for f----s sake on 19:39 - Nov 10 with 5743 viewsStanisgod

Whats it got to do with you ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ollie for f----s sake on 20:03 - Nov 10 with 5581 viewskitkev

Ollie for f----s sake on 19:39 - Nov 10 by Stanisgod

Whats it got to do with you ?

and your point is what?
Ollie for f----s sake on 20:20 - Nov 10 with 5469 viewscorse

No no no and no. He was on the downward spiral as a manager and did step out from the business. Better he stays as a sky pundit. Hasnt been in the game for over a year and didnt do anything that makes sense at millwall. The atmosphere would be great for the first five games yes but after we ve slipped into the relegation zone it ll get nasty. Wont last here till march. The good memories of his time here will tarnish.
Ollie for f----s sake on 20:29 - Nov 10 with 5390 viewsMonahoop

Second comings rarely work for a club.While I like Holloway, a rare character in today's diluted, sanitised game, I'm not sure about this. Rather him back than have the horrible Sherwood though.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ollie for f----s sake on 20:36 - Nov 10 with 5343 viewsStanisgod

Ollie for f----s sake on 20:03 - Nov 10 by kitkev

and your point is what?

I'll say it slowly, what's it got to do with you ? Better ?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ollie for f----s sake on 20:42 - Nov 10 with 5290 viewsRoller

I love Ollie, I even re-told one of my favourite Ollie stories in the last issue of AKUTR's, but I really don't want this. Many seem to only remember Ray Wilkins as the manager who got us relegated and not the brilliant footballer that he was for us; I'd hate for Ollie's legacy to be buried in the same way.
Ollie for f----s sake on 20:54 - Nov 10 with 5216 viewskitkev

Ollie for f----s sake on 20:36 - Nov 10 by Stanisgod

I'll say it slowly, what's it got to do with you ? Better ?

even slower y o u r p o i n t i s w h a t
Ollie for f----s sake on 21:04 - Nov 10 with 5157 viewsqpr85

I don't understand why you felt the need to slag him off about managing you down Millwall was a poisoned challis at the time no one could have saved you God knows enough managers tried.

I feel good about this appointment lest not forget he was bloody close to becoming our manager before JFH.
He speaks very well when on TV like he knows what he's talking about. He also talks sense about our club even when Warnock was last here on his last game when he said he could get us in the playoffs ollie said it was boll ocks and we as fans should wake up.

I can't wait for his first interview he's going to upset a fair few people on here. Given that JFH has gone, and I feel he shouldn't have gone, this is the best we can hope for.

But what do I know I'm just a happy clapper suppor
Ollie for f----s sake on 21:29 - Nov 10 with 5050 viewsdaveB

I'm going to happily ignore all the miserable joyless people who can't even raise a smile at the thought of seeing some genuine QPR heroes back at the club. Yes it could go wrong blah blah but it could go wrong if we brought in Klopp. I'm sure some will be delighted to come on in a few months and say i told you so but bollox to you.

we're going to get a manager who cares about the club and is desperate to win for QPR not to further his own career. I for one am absolutely buzzing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024