Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich roll call 10:14 - Nov 21 with 10732 viewsSuffolkHoop

2x from here
Ipswich roll call on 13:46 - Nov 24 with 1414 viewsBoston

Ipswich roll call on 11:53 - Nov 24 by stowmarketrange

Did you ask for tickets nearer the front of the stand?I would gladly move back to stand up towards the rear of the stand if it meant that I wouldn't inconvenience anyone who can't see properly.
I stood up for the whole game at Forest in the back row,but that was because they told us that we could sit anywhere we wanted to.I fear that Saturday might be arranged to sit in your designated seat,and that may lead to problems.
I have 3 seats in row J if you'd like to exchange some of yours.Assuming you're further back than that.

...steady, that's franciswifeswappingbowles you're talking to there.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ipswich roll call on 19:29 - Nov 24 with 1321 viewsslranger40

Anyone got any ideas for a decent pub : (Food, beer and Tellies with the football on) other than the one over the road from the station?

I'm going after being persuaded by the Mrs. She must be up to something.

Cheers
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 20:00]
Ipswich roll call on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 1303 viewsterryb

Ipswich roll call on 19:29 - Nov 24 by slranger40

Anyone got any ideas for a decent pub : (Food, beer and Tellies with the football on) other than the one over the road from the station?

I'm going after being persuaded by the Mrs. She must be up to something.

Cheers
[Post edited 24 Nov 2016 20:00]

Now this depends what you mean by a good pub!

Like pubs in Shephards Bush, all the town centre pubs are forced to prohibit away fans. There are ways round this of course, but not one of them would be on my list of recommendations.

Walk along the river front (turning right from the station) & you will come across Issacs. There own brew is on sale here if you like Trads (Briarbank) as well as some Adnams (Ghostship is good). Food is very much pub grub, but there is also a cafe attached to the pub. It is expensive by Ipswich standards but a lot cheaper than London prices!

The far side of the town centre are a couple of real ale favourites. The Fat Cat (Spring Road & too far away for me to walk!) & The Dove (St Helens St). I don't know food wise at the Cat but the Dove is very basic & probably not what a wife would want . Allow for up to 30 minutes walk to the ground.

A bit nearer is the Spread Eagle (corner of Eagle St & Fore St). Since last year this has been refurbished & is run by a local brewery from Norwich (Grain) who rent the pub. Food is just sausage rolls or cheese platter (both very good) & beeer wise Redwood is my normal selection.

Lager wise I have no idea what is good anywhere in the UK!

I'm sure Stowmarket & others could add further advise, but I hope this helps.
Ipswich roll call on 20:27 - Nov 24 with 1291 viewsslranger40

Ipswich roll call on 20:00 - Nov 24 by terryb

Like pubs in Shephards Bush, all the town centre pubs are forced to prohibit away fans. There are ways round this of course, but not one of them would be on my list of recommendations.

Walk along the river front (turning right from the station) & you will come across Issacs. There own brew is on sale here if you like Trads (Briarbank) as well as some Adnams (Ghostship is good). Food is very much pub grub, but there is also a cafe attached to the pub. It is expensive by Ipswich standards but a lot cheaper than London prices!

The far side of the town centre are a couple of real ale favourites. The Fat Cat (Spring Road & too far away for me to walk!) & The Dove (St Helens St). I don't know food wise at the Cat but the Dove is very basic & probably not what a wife would want . Allow for up to 30 minutes walk to the ground.

A bit nearer is the Spread Eagle (corner of Eagle St & Fore St). Since last year this has been refurbished & is run by a local brewery from Norwich (Grain) who rent the pub. Food is just sausage rolls or cheese platter (both very good) & beeer wise Redwood is my normal selection.

Indeed it does. Thanks Terry.
Ipswich roll call on 20:41 - Nov 24 with 1286 viewsBoston

You ah, been out of "Shephards" a long time, Terence?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ipswich roll call on 21:11 - Nov 24 with 1274 viewsterryb

Ipswich roll call on 20:41 - Nov 24 by Boston

You ah, been out of "Shephards" a long time, Terence?

A before E every time! And what is wrong with a hard shep?

It is now an interesting 6 days since I was last in the Bush! A mere 42* years since I arrived in the Ipswich area.

You must expect me to pick up a little bit of Suffolk in that time!

* I couldn't even get that right!
[Post edited 25 Nov 2016 9:33]
Ipswich roll call on 21:51 - Nov 24 with 1253 viewsstowmarketrange

I will probably be in the Dove or the grinning Rat next door.It is only a 15 minute walk through town to get to the ground and there is a car park close to the Suffolk College.The Dove is a great real ale pub,but that isn't really my bag,so it may be the Rat for me.Avoid the Water Lily at all costs.Its a sh*thole.
There is a chippy behind the Regent theatre as well as another car park.
Ipswich roll call on 23:31 - Nov 25 with 1131 viewsfrancisbowles

Ipswich roll call on 11:53 - Nov 24 by stowmarketrange

Did you ask for tickets nearer the front of the stand?I would gladly move back to stand up towards the rear of the stand if it meant that I wouldn't inconvenience anyone who can't see properly.
I stood up for the whole game at Forest in the back row,but that was because they told us that we could sit anywhere we wanted to.I fear that Saturday might be arranged to sit in your designated seat,and that may lead to problems.
I have 3 seats in row J if you'd like to exchange some of yours.Assuming you're further back than that.

Thanks for your concern Stowmarketranger, just checked our two tickets we are in row H so feel free to stand
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich roll call on 03:04 - Nov 26 with 1107 viewsstowmarketrange

Ipswich roll call on 23:31 - Nov 25 by francisbowles

Thanks for your concern Stowmarketranger, just checked our two tickets we are in row H so feel free to stand

I guess you haven't heard that they have changed the order of the rows this year.Z is at the front and A is at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024