Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back (on the train at Euston) 22:30 - Dec 14 with 3328 viewsDWQPR

Certainly tonight wasn't the worst performance of the season and infinitely better than the dross I witnessed at Rotherham on Saturday. For large parts of the game we were and looked the better side and certainly the only team that looked anywhere near scoring, exemplified by their keeper taking plenty of time with goal kicks with twenty minute to go. We gave them one sniff at goal and unfortunately that is all they needed. We just missed that bit of fortune, and when you are on a run like we are we just don't get the run of the ball. Felt that we gave Derby the initiative by taking Chery off and replacing him with Gladwin. Chery wasn't having the greatest of games but he does command the attention of the defence and links the midfield with the forwards. Gladwin just isn't capable of anything. On the bright side Ngkaboto at last showed something of the player that we thought we bought during the summer and when Shodipo came on he showed that he will cause defences problems. He has to start on Sunday. Cousins had by far his best game for us and I only hope that his injury isn't bad enough. One great interception in the first half led him running from one penalty box to the other and unfortunately he chose to pass to Washington rather than shoot. More optimistic after tonight than I was on Saturday but sadly a defeat is still a defeat and Holloway has really got his work cut out to turn things round.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 12:01 - Dec 15 with 681 viewsJuzzie

I was more upset about last night's result than the home game v Brentford simply because we didn't deserve to lose last night. Thta's a sign of improvement I guess and I just hope the improvements can continue.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 14:39 - Dec 15 with 599 viewsMatch82

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:33 - Dec 14 by Hunterhoop

Nonsense, Baz. Utter nonsense. Shodipo was not at fault for the goal. They crossed it from the byline. Perch was up against him. Not the winger's job. Neither was defending the cross in the middle once it was delivered.

Complete misrepresentation of what happened to insinuate Shodipo had anything to do with being responsible for the goal.

Have just seen highlights. That's down to the defenders in the box if you ask me - 3 of them around ince, no way he should get a clean look at that.
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 15:32 - Dec 15 with 564 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 14:39 - Dec 15 by Match82

Have just seen highlights. That's down to the defenders in the box if you ask me - 3 of them around ince, no way he should get a clean look at that.

Yes agree. Live, I thought he got in front of just one defender, but it was a better (for them) and worse (for us) goal than that.

Its perception though isn't it, if we had scored one like that we would praising the scorer, not saying he was given the goal!
Just back (on the train at Euston) on 17:13 - Dec 15 with 483 viewsDWQPR

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 23:27 - Dec 14 by baz_qpr

Look at Shodipos impact for their goal...

There in lies the problem with the kid and why Holloway has been reluctant to use him, or he has to adjust the midfield, to manage it better but poor old Perch ended up 3 against 1 for that cross

Call me old fashioned but Shodipo is on the pitch to create and score goals and not prevent them. In the time he was on, just like at Fulham he really lit up the proceedings and it was a shame that Holloway saw fit to remove Chery for Gladwin as when Shodipo gets on this gives Chery more room and he becomes more effective. And given you are trying to highlight Shodipo's defensive frailties maybe just maybe greater responsibility to help Perch could have fallen to either Hall, Gladwin or Luongo, each playing deeper roles and each could have easily shifted across. Shodipo for me has been the one shining light in this gloomy season. Shame Hasselbaink and now Holloway haven't seen his talents in the same way.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back (on the train at Euston) on 06:06 - Dec 16 with 367 viewsstowmarketrange

I listened to the last 25 mins on BBC radio Derby,and according to their commentary they deserved to win it and it was only a matter of time before they got the winner.
Didn't look like it to after watching highlights.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024