Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. 20:15 - Dec 18 with 3042 viewsBrightonhoop

Well it's that time of year again when we should be sharing tips for the finest cheese boards on earth.

And the peace thread, to reduce rows on here at least for now lol I'm guilty if you're not, and have apologised privately, have the right hump lately, down to a woman as usual, I say woman, more axe wielding lunatic than woman but all wars come to an end. How do I choose them? I don't know, but the knackers certainly rule the mind. I think I should have been a monk. surprised norf hasn't banned me in recent times, cap suitably doffed Clive.

Anyway, to more important matters. Your choice of cheeses please gentlemen.

I have an array of fine Spanish options, and have found a brilliant Danish Blue that has weened me off Stilton over the years. The prices in the English shops here are obscene, and mostly aimed at Northerners. I am non-plussed when it comes to tinned peas, mushy peas and worst of all kebab meat, in the freezer no less. I'd ask the northern shop owners about Sussex Black Bomber but it would only get me arrested. Sophisticated it's not, until you get into the Spanish culture proper. Which takes time, language and a change in mindset. All good stuff. The women ain't bad and the cheese is to die for so mustn't grumble really.

My top tips here are a Gouda, Roquefort, Danish Blue, a very cheeky local one whose name escapes me, a bit of peccorino if you can get a good'UN and a bit of Serano Ham if you can find it, very local to here and compliments perfectly.

It's been a funny old year 2016 for many reasons, but it's Christmas again so peace, cheese and fine wines and ales to you all. Over to you for all matters cheese.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:39 - Dec 18 with 2394 viewsMrSheen

You're in the land of manchego viejo, get stuck in!
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:46 - Dec 18 with 2380 viewsrichles

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:39 - Dec 18 by MrSheen

Canadian Hock a great cheese that burns the tongue but wow what a taste but hard to find

perth lsa

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:56 - Dec 18 with 2371 viewsBrightonhoop

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:39 - Dec 18 by MrSheen

Is it goat? Goat disagrees with me violently. And the labelling here is near impossible. Not to mention the mixing of species let alone animals. Pork/Beef, sir? No thank you I'll stick withe chicken, and no rabbit/donkey!
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 21:05 - Dec 18 with 2359 viewsaston_hoop

Cheese, now we are talking. Cheese is the most important subject as Christmas approaches. As a fellow Spanish expat, I will be mostly eating my way through my favourite local cheeses witch are a lovely bit of cave aged Mahón as well as some lovely cured Idiazabal and some of the local Mallorca cheese. Bring it on.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 21:09 - Dec 18 with 2357 viewsBrightonhoop

Manchego seems to be Sheep, from Don Quixote country, I will have to investigate.

Cheers Aston,I will seek some of those out.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:29 - Dec 18 with 2322 viewsRickyDicky

Been having some figs with Gorgonzola recently, very decent wih a glass of port.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:35 - Dec 18 with 2317 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Can't beat a baked round of Camembert with toasted soldiers. Must have butter!
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:42 - Dec 18 with 2311 viewsRs_Holy

18 month old Comte...
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:53 - Dec 18 with 2299 viewsBrightonhoop

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:29 - Dec 18 by RickyDicky

Been having some figs with Gorgonzola recently, very decent wih a glass of port.

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:58 - Dec 18 with 2292 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:42 - Dec 18 by Rs_Holy

18 month old Comte...

I've come across Comtes of all ages in my time....
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 23:13 - Dec 18 with 2285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm allergic to dairy, sadly, but I always indulge in some cheese on Christmas Day and the divil hang the consequences.

Have just discovered a Spanish wine region Ribera del Duero and was thinking maybe Manchego on the side.

As for the peace idea - good thinking. It's all a bit fraught here at the moment, we could all do with lightening the load on ourselves.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 23:17]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 23:17 - Dec 18 with 2272 viewsNeil_SI

I will be in Wales over Christmas with the missus and her family. They usually provide a Snowdonia Welsh Black Bomber cheese every year, which is pretty tasty.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 11:48 - Dec 19 with 2205 viewsCamberleyR

Got a round of a locally made blue cheese as part of my cheese board this year, Barkham Blue. Had a little sample at the weekend and it was very agreeable.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 13:31 - Dec 19 with 2182 viewshopphoops

My flop in Savoy is within 6 (six) cheese appellations: Abondance, Beaufort, Comté, Chevrotin, Tome des Bauges, and Reblochon. Plenty of other local ones too, all about 98% fat. The whole place is owned and run by Big Cheese.

By the way, what's the best cheese for getting bears out of caves?

Camembert.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 13:38 - Dec 19 with 2172 views1MoreBrightonR

A friend is dropping off a big bag of cheeses she icked up for me from Belgium tomorrow...very excited. bit of foie gras too.

otherwise Sussex Bomber and some cashel blue will do me nicely.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 13:51 - Dec 19 with 2161 viewsjohncharles

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 22:35 - Dec 18 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Can't beat a baked round of Camembert with toasted soldiers. Must have butter!

Got one at the ready. Also a piece of St Agur and a piece of Old Amsterdam mature Gouda.
A couple of good chedders are next on the list.

Strong and stable my arse.

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 14:13 - Dec 19 with 2148 viewsMick_S

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 13:31 - Dec 19 by hopphoops

My flop in Savoy is within 6 (six) cheese appellations: Abondance, Beaufort, Comté, Chevrotin, Tome des Bauges, and Reblochon. Plenty of other local ones too, all about 98% fat. The whole place is owned and run by Big Cheese.

By the way, what's the best cheese for getting bears out of caves?

Camembert.

He's brie-hind you.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 15:10 - Dec 19 with 2122 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I bought some Tesco Finest Butlers Farmhouse Creamy Lancashire off their counters last year amongst some other bits and pieces of cheese for a bit of variety and was really surprised how lovely it was. Cheap too.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 15:26 - Dec 19 with 2115 viewseasthertsr

Sorry guys but a proper piece of Stilton, still beats anything else, I prefer brandy with mine not Port but each to their own!
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 17:35 - Dec 19 with 2077 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 15:26 - Dec 19 by easthertsr

Sorry guys but a proper piece of Stilton, still beats anything else, I prefer brandy with mine not Port but each to their own!

Solidarity brother.

These fackin foreign cheeses coming over here and stealing British cheese's jobs.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 18:20 - Dec 19 with 2063 viewsjohncharles

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 17:35 - Dec 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Solidarity brother.

These fackin foreign cheeses coming over here and stealing British cheese's jobs.

Don't forget your Canada Cheese seeds. 😉

Strong and stable my arse.

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 2053 viewsted_hendrix

Cheese is a disgusting lump of something, I hate the bastard stuff and there will never be peace, harmony and communal singing in the world until cheese is banned by the WHO.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 18:26 - Dec 19 with 2048 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 18:25 - Dec 19 by ted_hendrix

Cheese is a disgusting lump of something, I hate the bastard stuff and there will never be peace, harmony and communal singing in the world until cheese is banned by the WHO.

What authority has Pete Townshend got?
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 20:48 - Dec 19 with 2000 viewsjohann28

White Stilton. It doesn't get any better than this.
The Christmas Cheese and Peace Thread. on 21:10 - Dec 19 with 1985 viewsDorse

Babybel. Maybe a Dairylea triangle.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024