Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32369 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 15:18 - Feb 22 with 2700 viewsFDC

Spot of bother now........ on 15:04 - Feb 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok I'll spell it out for you as you are being obtuse....

Your opinion on Ollie
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 15:08]

Heads up mate--you're getting really tedious
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 15:19]
Spot of bother now........ on 15:20 - Feb 22 with 2695 viewsFDC

Spot of bother now........ on 22:08 - Feb 21 by FredManRave

Will you be stopping at Mediocrity?!

MedioCity ?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 15:20]
Spot of bother now........ on 17:25 - Feb 22 with 2578 viewsTGRRRSSS

Spot of bother now........ on 22:24 - Feb 11 by isawqpratwcity

I can't see where you get your 'almost certain' safety from at 42 points.

Burton have 31 points from 31 games, 21st place. Blackburn have 29 points from 30 games and are in the relegation zone.

Those figures suggest that 46 points will be a narrow escape.

Nearly 2 weeks later and just 2 points behind my 42 would nearly see us there, as things are going now I was perhaps nearer the mark than perhaps I thought (in hindsight I felt overoptimistic.

However just under a fortnight later and one more win would put us on 43, and the sheer number of sides below us means sheer weight of numbers all but puts us safe if we get to 43.

I believe we'll comfortably get over 50 now though and will be safe by quite a distance come May
Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Mar 21 with 2375 viewsTGRRRSSS

anyone know the JFH v Ollie points per game now?

Going somewhat better than further up this thread
Spot of bother now........ on 23:38 - Mar 21 with 2288 viewsPommyhoop

Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Mar 21 by TGRRRSSS

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Spot of bother now........ on 11:10 - Mar 22 with 2001 viewsCHUBBS

Spot of bother now........ on 22:26 - Mar 21 by TGRRRSSS

The usual source of this info will be devastated at our upturn in fortune so here are some of the stats which have interfered with his ridiculous narrative.

Played 21
Won 9
Lost 10
Drawn 2
Gf 29
Ha 29
Points 29
That's about 1.38 per game,over a season it would amount to 64 points,after we'd lost 6 out of our first 7 that is an amazing return playing the best football I've seen since NW first time around.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 11:13]
Spot of bother now........ on 14:26 - Mar 22 with 1839 viewshopphoops

Off topic perhaps, I just did a predictor on Grimsby's thefishy.co.uk: with 24 out of 24 points in the remaining games, we're predicted to finish seventh. With 0 out of 24 we'd come fourth last.

Mid-table mediocrity, Yip-ay-aye
From the dear old streets of Kings Cross
To the doors of the ICA
Mid-table mediocrity, Yip-ay-aye
We'll drink the rat's piss, kick the shite
And I'm not going home tonight, Yip-ay-aye

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Spot of bother now........ on 14:28 - Mar 22 with 1825 viewsAgedR

Spot of bother now........ on 11:10 - Mar 22 by CHUBBS

The usual source of this info will be devastated at our upturn in fortune so here are some of the stats which have interfered with his ridiculous narrative.

Played 21
Won 9
Lost 10
Drawn 2
Gf 29
Ha 29
Points 29
That's about 1.38 per game,over a season it would amount to 64 points,after we'd lost 6 out of our first 7 that is an amazing return playing the best football I've seen since NW first time around.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 11:13]

But can we still go up

It's not just the football, it's the whole feel around the place. This is transferred to the fans from the players.

To be fair to JFH, I think there was some evidence that this had started when he was manager, with Sir Les, Hoos and Sinton on board. I also think that keeping on Ramsey was just a fundamentally decent thing to do. All these things have contributed to a change in culture at the club, however, there is no doubt in my mind that it took Ollie and his team to make the next step.

With the toxic mess we've been in, this is a remarkable achievement from Ollie and his team, but, I think you can plot the start of improvements from the appointment of Hoos.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 10:20 - Mar 23 with 1586 viewsCHUBBS

Spot of bother now........ on 14:28 - Mar 22 by AgedR

But can we still go up

It's not just the football, it's the whole feel around the place. This is transferred to the fans from the players.

To be fair to JFH, I think there was some evidence that this had started when he was manager, with Sir Les, Hoos and Sinton on board. I also think that keeping on Ramsey was just a fundamentally decent thing to do. All these things have contributed to a change in culture at the club, however, there is no doubt in my mind that it took Ollie and his team to make the next step.

With the toxic mess we've been in, this is a remarkable achievement from Ollie and his team, but, I think you can plot the start of improvements from the appointment of Hoos.

I think it all actually started with Hoos/Les and Ramsey's reign,who was hamstrung with players on huge wages sitting on long contracts refusing to move.
JFH done a reasonable job moving us forward a little more and now Olly has taken us to a level he wasn't capable of,that's not a dig at JFH who I liked(but for the style of play)it's just that Olly has the charisma and experience to lift this club up and manually move it forward.
One of the best transfer windows in my lifetime has really helped so the ship is finally turning.

People will always have different options on the manager but no one can deny that Olly is building a squad to be proud of.
Spot of bother now........ on 14:48 - Mar 23 with 1452 viewsBoston

Spot of bother now........ on 14:54 - Feb 22 by QPR_John

Why should I change my mind about supporting the team at Loftus Road. I really do not understand your point.

Hello John...we got a new motor.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Spot of bother now........ on 13:53 - Mar 24 with 1209 viewsTGRRRSSS

Spot of bother now........ on 14:28 - Mar 22 by AgedR

But can we still go up

Not sure JFH did that much too boost morale, some of his have already gone, others seem glad and have flourished as he has.

He is far from the most guilty but he didn't help, never came across as overly inspirational.

Now people have decided he was helping..... he wasn't.
Spot of bother now........ on 20:34 - Apr 17 with 1007 viewskropotkin41

Erm........... anyone know any good pubs in Peterborough?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024