Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32370 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 09:29 - Feb 7 with 3842 viewspomanjou

Current form is 1 point from a possible 9 points.

We have lost twice to Blackburn within the last month.

However I am confident we will not go down and expect us to get a point or more against a 'top team' like Huddersfield.

I am illogically logical, never bet, but own lots of shares in an online betting company as I like to win all the time. That's logically illogical, but profitable all the time.

No bother.....
[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 9:29]

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Spot of bother now........ on 13:08 - Feb 7 with 3735 viewsTGRRRSSS

Has nobody bothered to acknowledge the good start in August that dramatically fell away from September onwards but even in August we had 2 poor results against Barnsley and PNE.
Spot of bother now........ on 13:47 - Feb 7 with 3705 viewsCamberleyR

Spot of bother now........ on 13:08 - Feb 7 by TGRRRSSS

Has nobody bothered to acknowledge the good start in August that dramatically fell away from September onwards but even in August we had 2 poor results against Barnsley and PNE.

Yep. Hasselbaink's last 10 games yielded 10 points (coincidentally or not which started with the Newcastle gob bumming).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spot of bother now........ on 21:43 - Feb 7 with 3633 viewsFredManRave

Wigan drawing tonight having been 2-1 up with 15 mins to go is one of the reasons why I don't think we'll be relegated. IMO Wigan, Burton and Balckburn have not shown any signs of putting a run together to get them out of trouble (except when they've played us, obviously) whereas despite our recent blip in results we have shwn that we can, firstly, put a run together and that secondly we are an improving team and that's ignoring the JFH vs IH stats and without having seen a game all season. I just know.

I vote Remain.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Spot of bother now........ on 22:16 - Feb 7 with 3580 viewsSimonJames

Spot of bother now........ on 14:24 - Feb 6 by daveB

I still fully understand how league tables work, I'm still not stupid. When JFH left we were 6 points off the drop, we're still 6 points off the drop so we're just as close to relegation as we were before Holloway came in.

All I'm saying is I think we look a better side now than we did under Hasselbaink. If your stats say I'm wrong then fine but I'm going on what I am watching every week and all the stats in the world won't convince we me were a better side under Hasselbaink than we look at the moment.

Sorry, don't you mean "When JFH left we were 6 points off the play offs, now we're 15 points off the play offs (and Shef Wed have a game in hand) so we're so much further away from the top spots than we were before Holloway came in..."?

Pesky old stats alert:
Since Ollie took over only 4 teams have averaged less points per game than us

[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 22:37]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Spot of bother now........ on 22:33 - Feb 7 with 3549 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 22:16 - Feb 7 by SimonJames

Sorry, don't you mean "When JFH left we were 6 points off the play offs, now we're 15 points off the play offs (and Shef Wed have a game in hand) so we're so much further away from the top spots than we were before Holloway came in..."?

Pesky old stats alert:
Since Ollie took over only 4 teams have averaged less points per game than us

[Post edited 7 Feb 2017 22:37]

yeah sorry, when he left and we were on a run of 2 wins in 12 games we looked well placed for the playoffs, all fallen apart since those glory days
Spot of bother now........ on 22:49 - Feb 7 with 3513 viewsFredManRave

Spot of bother now........ on 22:33 - Feb 7 by daveB

yeah sorry, when he left and we were on a run of 2 wins in 12 games we looked well placed for the playoffs, all fallen apart since those glory days

I've got the Power.

Spot of bother now........ on 10:29 - Feb 8 with 3368 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 13:47 - Feb 7 by CamberleyR

Yep. Hasselbaink's last 10 games yielded 10 points (coincidentally or not which started with the Newcastle gob bumming).

"And you are boring everybody silly with your stats. Change the record."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 17:06 - Feb 11 with 3192 viewsFredManRave

Spot of bother now........ on 14:07 - Feb 5 by Stanisgod

Just to clarify , if we win the next two do they then not have the same record , maths was never my strong point. Suerely you cant compare until they've played the same number ?

So just one more game to go before we can really get our teeth into this discussion....

I've got the Power.

Spot of bother now........ on 17:31 - Feb 11 with 3121 viewsBakes

So who we got next? A team who are in terrible form? Can't get a win anywhere. Have a manager who is truly terrible?

Enter QPR.

Birmingham win next Saturday it is.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Spot of bother now........ on 17:43 - Feb 11 with 3068 viewsGloucs_R

I genuinely think we could go down. Time is ticking.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Spot of bother now........ on 17:47 - Feb 11 with 3045 viewsJAPRANGERS

Spot of bother now........ on 17:43 - Feb 11 by Gloucs_R

I genuinely think we could go down. Time is ticking.

unfortunately I have to agree. Sounded on the coms that we played quite well, but how many points do you get for playing well??
Spot of bother now........ on 18:03 - Feb 11 with 3007 viewskropotkin41

Spot of bother now........ on 17:47 - Feb 11 by JAPRANGERS

unfortunately I have to agree. Sounded on the coms that we played quite well, but how many points do you get for playing well??

If we are playing well then there will be a return to the mean and we'll start picking up points.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 18:22 - Feb 11 with 2950 viewscorse

I very much doubt it will happen under mr hollows reign...
Spot of bother now........ on 18:33 - Feb 11 with 2916 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really can't see us going down, especially after today.

I know Isaw is right and points mean prizes but I wouldn't swap our squad with anyone below us.

Today we were the better side in my opinion, and against some beasts which call into question the ethics of the English loan system.

We were a referee and some shitty Huddersfield behaviour from at least a draw today.

We'll be fine, and I predict a nice little run without loss on the horizon.
Spot of bother now........ on 18:44 - Feb 11 with 2871 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 18:33 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

I really can't see us going down, especially after today.

I know Isaw is right and points mean prizes but I wouldn't swap our squad with anyone below us.

Today we were the better side in my opinion, and against some beasts which call into question the ethics of the English loan system.

We were a referee and some shitty Huddersfield behaviour from at least a draw today.

We'll be fine, and I predict a nice little run without loss on the horizon.

Agree

I think we should had had 1 pen at the least, looked a clear hand ball even the Hud's players were looking at the ref expecting him to give it.

Their keeper made some very good saves but our defending was very poor for both their goals. missed lynch IMO

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 18:48 - Feb 11 with 2851 viewsTGRRRSSS

Not getting the rub of the decision (especially at home) is the kind of thing that happens to many a relegated side - not saying that's the case as I still feel we'll have enough, but in some ways that screams warning signs to me, especially after the Ghost goal at Blackburn.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 19:01]
Spot of bother now........ on 18:54 - Feb 11 with 2810 views2Thomas2Bowles

David Wagner
I think we were lucky because QPR were brave and aggressive.

"Danny Ward was the best player on the pitch and this says everything about the match."

Spot of bother now........ on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 2787 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spot of bother now........ on 17:31 - Feb 11 by Bakes

So who we got next? A team who are in terrible form? Can't get a win anywhere. Have a manager who is truly terrible?

Enter QPR.

Birmingham win next Saturday it is.

I thought they got a win the other week?
Spot of bother now........ on 19:11 - Feb 11 with 2739 viewsTGRRRSSS

One key thing in our favour is Rotherham look doomed we have 18 points more than them, so it's 2 positions to with about 5 sides who could still go (including several only a point or so above us even Villa in 16th only have 2 points more than us.
Wigan above Rotherham only have 26 points and would look to do a lot to overhaul us, and Blackburn above them still only on 29.

I'd say 42 points will almost certainly be enough to stay up this season, that's 8 points. Wigan and Rotherham home games will be crucial no question.
April looks tough but sometimes playing a higher up side at that time of the season, when they have huge pressure on them with play off positions and getting in and slipping out all off a sudden a visit to Loftus Road may not seem such an easy task.
Wolves one point above us and currently losing to Newcastle.

Everything to play for.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2017 19:20]
Spot of bother now........ on 19:40 - Feb 11 with 2687 viewsessextaxiboy

Spot of bother now........ on 17:47 - Feb 11 by JAPRANGERS

We were outplayed in the first half ..we were chasing shadows . 2nd half better , but they had a 2 goal start by then ...
Spot of bother now........ on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 2619 viewsbaz_qpr

I think its fair to say the squad is certainly a lot better now than it was under JFH. A pretty disastrous summer transfer window we were on the slide. We've bought well on the evidence so far but we have some crucial weaknesses at left back and centre back at the moment. I think Ollie has made poor selection and tactical decisions in the initial run of losses and Burton and possible today that have cost us 6 - 9 points by trying to be overly clever or taking an unnecessary gamble or changing things that were working unnecessarily
Spot of bother now........ on 20:16 - Feb 11 with 2588 viewscalHoop

Spot of bother now........ on 20:06 - Feb 11 by baz_qpr

I think its fair to say the squad is certainly a lot better now than it was under JFH. A pretty disastrous summer transfer window we were on the slide. We've bought well on the evidence so far but we have some crucial weaknesses at left back and centre back at the moment. I think Ollie has made poor selection and tactical decisions in the initial run of losses and Burton and possible today that have cost us 6 - 9 points by trying to be overly clever or taking an unnecessary gamble or changing things that were working unnecessarily

Is it? I'm not so sure. As bad as everyone thought jimmy was, his record in his last 16 games was better than ollie's first 16. It was pretty turgid stuff admittedly but we are now statistically worse off. We are finding ways to lose games regularly. Poor teams do that.

Ollie has turned over a lot of players and now we are trying to find the right team, whilst quickly being dragged to the relegation zone. It's an utter shambles.
Spot of bother now........ on 20:35 - Feb 11 with 2527 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 20:16 - Feb 11 by calHoop

Is it? I'm not so sure. As bad as everyone thought jimmy was, his record in his last 16 games was better than ollie's first 16. It was pretty turgid stuff admittedly but we are now statistically worse off. We are finding ways to lose games regularly. Poor teams do that.

Ollie has turned over a lot of players and now we are trying to find the right team, whilst quickly being dragged to the relegation zone. It's an utter shambles.

Are you going to keep going on about this for the next 50 years

Spot of bother now........ on 20:37 - Feb 11 with 2518 viewsDejR_vu

Spot of bother now........ on 20:35 - Feb 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Are you going to keep going on about this for the next 50 years

He's right though

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024