Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaffa Cake Joe 18:00 - Mar 18 with 5156 viewsSuddenLad

Joe Bunney was utterly knackered in the last 10 miutes and gave his everything. He was being fed Jaffa Cakes at regular intervals, just to keep the energy alive. Tremendous performace from him today.

As an aside, 'Mogadon' McNulty needs to shake off his lethargic attitude and get the bloody ball away instead of farting about on the edge of our box....he looks half asleep sometimes.

Luckily, we (just) got away with it today, but we might not next time.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:27 - Mar 18 with 2211 viewskentishdale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:41 - Mar 18 by Ninco

I don't understand how anyone can come on here and have a go at any of the players when they have just won 4-1. No player goes out on the pitch and intentionally plays badly. They all try their best and whilst some are not as good as others, that is down to Hill's low budget rather than Hill making bad signings. He puts together as best a team as he can with limited budgets. If people want to see top class players each week, go and watch premier league football and pay three times as much to watch it. If you come to watch Rochdale, you have to expect inconsistency as if any of those players were perfect every week, they would not be playing at our level. I often think of the players I used to see when I first started watching Dale in the early 1980s and if some of these moaners were around in those days, you would realise how the club has developed since those days. If anyone had offered me this squad at Dale in the 1980s, I would definitely have taken it. Some of the players read this board and they don't want to see all the negativity when they have just given their heart and won 4-1.

great post
Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:41 - Mar 18 with 2144 viewsBingoballs

Best post today.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:48 - Mar 18 with 2101 viewsChaffRAFC

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:21 - Mar 18 by rochedale

Does that mean that Paulhaymanguy and Bazingdale are the same person? 😀

Einhorn is Finkel,
Finkel is Einhorn,
EINHORN IS A MAAAAAAN

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jaffa Cake Joe on 22:51 - Mar 18 with 1944 viewsDaleiLama

Jaffa Cake Joe on 21:48 - Mar 18 by ChaffRAFC

Einhorn is Finkel,
Finkel is Einhorn,
EINHORN IS A MAAAAAAN

I'm Spartacus

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 00:36 - Mar 19 with 1757 viewsmikehunt

The way hour luck has panned out this season, Joe will be getting a lengthy ban because of some proscribed substances found in Jaffa Cakes.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Jaffa Cake Joe on 05:58 - Mar 19 with 1611 viewsD_Alien

Jaffa Cake Joe on 00:36 - Mar 19 by mikehunt

The way hour luck has panned out this season, Joe will be getting a lengthy ban because of some proscribed substances found in Jaffa Cakes.

Best not leave any needles lying around on the touchline

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jaffa Cake Joe on 07:36 - Mar 19 with 1524 viewsColDale

With Joe at left back, our form can't be far off title winning form
Jaffa Cake Joe on 08:25 - Mar 19 with 1428 viewsdingdangblue

Jaffa Cake Joe on 07:36 - Mar 19 by ColDale

Consecutive league wins for Joe! Quite staggering that we haven't won in the 10 league games in between but that's history now. You could see instantly yesterday what we've been missing down that left side. He's frighteningly good in the role - knows the perfect times to attack and defend and almost faultless delivery into the box. Keith thinks he's the best around at this level and it's hard to disagree.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Jaffa Cake Joe on 09:12 - Mar 19 with 1337 views442Dale

Jaffa Cake Joe on 07:36 - Mar 19 by ColDale

Over a 46 game season we would be heading for anywhere between 113 and 114 points.

So we'd definitely be at home in the second leg of the play-off semis.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:25 - Mar 19 with 1119 viewsLaveritty

Jaffa Cake Joe on 19:41 - Mar 18 by Ninco

I don't understand how anyone can come on here and have a go at any of the players when they have just won 4-1. No player goes out on the pitch and intentionally plays badly. They all try their best and whilst some are not as good as others, that is down to Hill's low budget rather than Hill making bad signings. He puts together as best a team as he can with limited budgets. If people want to see top class players each week, go and watch premier league football and pay three times as much to watch it. If you come to watch Rochdale, you have to expect inconsistency as if any of those players were perfect every week, they would not be playing at our level. I often think of the players I used to see when I first started watching Dale in the early 1980s and if some of these moaners were around in those days, you would realise how the club has developed since those days. If anyone had offered me this squad at Dale in the 1980s, I would definitely have taken it. Some of the players read this board and they don't want to see all the negativity when they have just given their heart and won 4-1.

Never mind 'best post of the day' - I think this should be lauded as the most sensible post seen on here for ages! Yes the team may have its limitations and yes, as individuals, they may not be the best players ever to grace the third tier of English football but nobody in their right mind can accuse any one of those players yesterday of not giving absolutely everything they had in an effort to get back to winning ways! Lund and Bunney in particular looked thoroughly exhausted and how Bunney managed to last the full 95 minutes on his first match in over 2 months is staggering!

So lets banish all criticism of the team and simply enjoy the aftermath of an emphatic victory that has been long overdue!

Instead let us remember the outstanding pace and skill of NML (who was only a few inches away from scoring a hat trick), the tireless running of Hendo (along with yet another sublime goal), the industry and work rate of Lund, Camps and Allen in the middle of the park and the welcome return of Joe Bunney. Also, is it just me or does anybody else think that Harrison McGahey is looking more and more comfortable at right back and is steadily improving to offer a genuine threat going forward? I also thought Niall Canavan was solid at the back and hardly put a foot (or head) wrong (apart from perhaps their goal?).

Have a look at Camps' goal again and, bearing in mind we were defending a corner, taking into consideration what looks like a very heavy pitch, look at the number of Dale players (4 or 5 of them) that had sprinted 80-90 yards to get into the opposing penalty area and on the end of NML's cross. Such determination is admirable and, for me, sums up the spirit and togetherness of this team.

Of course we have been on a bad run and anything that could have gone wrong did go wrong but fingers crossed that we can now start to get the results that some of our recent performances merited! On to Tuesday against Millwall and here's hoping that the players still have something left in the tank after yesterday's energy sapping endeavours!

Up The Dale.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:44 - Mar 19 with 1082 viewsJimmyRustler

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:25 - Mar 19 by Laveritty

Never mind 'best post of the day' - I think this should be lauded as the most sensible post seen on here for ages! Yes the team may have its limitations and yes, as individuals, they may not be the best players ever to grace the third tier of English football but nobody in their right mind can accuse any one of those players yesterday of not giving absolutely everything they had in an effort to get back to winning ways! Lund and Bunney in particular looked thoroughly exhausted and how Bunney managed to last the full 95 minutes on his first match in over 2 months is staggering!

So lets banish all criticism of the team and simply enjoy the aftermath of an emphatic victory that has been long overdue!

Instead let us remember the outstanding pace and skill of NML (who was only a few inches away from scoring a hat trick), the tireless running of Hendo (along with yet another sublime goal), the industry and work rate of Lund, Camps and Allen in the middle of the park and the welcome return of Joe Bunney. Also, is it just me or does anybody else think that Harrison McGahey is looking more and more comfortable at right back and is steadily improving to offer a genuine threat going forward? I also thought Niall Canavan was solid at the back and hardly put a foot (or head) wrong (apart from perhaps their goal?).

Have a look at Camps' goal again and, bearing in mind we were defending a corner, taking into consideration what looks like a very heavy pitch, look at the number of Dale players (4 or 5 of them) that had sprinted 80-90 yards to get into the opposing penalty area and on the end of NML's cross. Such determination is admirable and, for me, sums up the spirit and togetherness of this team.

Of course we have been on a bad run and anything that could have gone wrong did go wrong but fingers crossed that we can now start to get the results that some of our recent performances merited! On to Tuesday against Millwall and here's hoping that the players still have something left in the tank after yesterday's energy sapping endeavours!

Up The Dale.

Let's banish all criticism of the team? Maybe you'd be better off suited in North Korea? Oh no wait, you're not really allowed to go on the internet over there.

Saying that you're not allowed to criticise any aspect of the team's performance when we win is moronic, especially when it's justified and constructive. We played well yesterday but Gilingham were rank bad and we would have conceded more against a more clinical team. We need to tighten up defensively. On the plus side, we looked like scoring every time we went forward.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:55 - Mar 19 with 1061 viewsLaveritty

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:44 - Mar 19 by JimmyRustler

Let's banish all criticism of the team? Maybe you'd be better off suited in North Korea? Oh no wait, you're not really allowed to go on the internet over there.

Saying that you're not allowed to criticise any aspect of the team's performance when we win is moronic, especially when it's justified and constructive. We played well yesterday but Gilingham were rank bad and we would have conceded more against a more clinical team. We need to tighten up defensively. On the plus side, we looked like scoring every time we went forward.

Although they were not your words I can't wait to hear you explain how calling somebody 'Mogadon McNulty' can possibly be viewed as 'constructive criticism'. Maybe I should look in my North Korean dictionary to see if gives a different definition to my English one?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Jaffa Cake Joe on 14:24 - Mar 19 with 989 views1mark1

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:44 - Mar 19 by JimmyRustler

Not going to comment on the performance of individual or the team, when I have not seen the game, however the rest of your post is totally correct and fair in my view. Not only is it Dale fans right, it is their duty to point out the good, bad and indifferent if they so wish, especially on a fans forum that is about the team , club and football in general.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Jaffa Cake Joe on 14:31 - Mar 19 with 959 viewsJimmyRustler

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:55 - Mar 19 by Laveritty

Although they were not your words I can't wait to hear you explain how calling somebody 'Mogadon McNulty' can possibly be viewed as 'constructive criticism'. Maybe I should look in my North Korean dictionary to see if gives a different definition to my English one?

I didn't say that it's all been constructive but I've seen a fair few balanced and justified posts. Your post indicated a blanket ban on criticism which is indicative of a dictatorship. Look that word up whilst you're at it Kim.
Jaffa Cake Joe on 14:32 - Mar 19 with 957 views1mark1

Jaffa Cake Joe on 13:25 - Mar 19 by Laveritty

Up The Dale.

Sorry not meant to mark you down. However I still think fair constructive criticism of individuals or tactics etc is fair enough. Can't argue about anything else in your post.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024