Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread : Millwall 19:09 - Mar 21 with 12108 views442Dale

Vincenti in for Lund. Rafferty back, on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread : Millwall on 22:44 - Mar 21 with 3115 viewsClivert

Match thread : Millwall on 22:23 - Mar 21 by fitzochris

Could the pitch be blamed for the noticeable fatigue? Was it the same for both sets of players?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:23]

I wouldn't say so.

The game summed up our season, we were woeful in patches and absolutely brilliant in other patches, the two missed chances at 3-2 cost us the points as Millwall then dominated for the final half an hour.

Great entertainment! Perhaps the club should mention the last four scorelines from the last four home games when the club are advertising the new season tickets? 5 or 6 goals a game for less than a fiver would be fantastic value!
Match thread : Millwall on 22:45 - Mar 21 with 3093 viewsJimmyRustler

We are shocking defensively but even moreso when the ball is pumped into our box. I know Millwall are a big side but tonight wasn't the only example of us giving players too much space and freedom in our own area.

McNulty isn't good enough. I'm basing that on his performances since he's been here. This is NOT a knee jerk reaction. He's only passable as a League 1 defender when the balls there to be won in the air. Woeful otherwise.

I wouldn't disagree if you put Canavan in this bracket too. The lad must have been playing for a contract last season but perhaps he's OK next to someone competent?

Tbf to McGahey he's done well on the right but when Raff and Keane are back, he should be playing in a CB pairing with the latter, with Raff reverting to RB.

Ref was a disgrace for the large majority of the game.

Some fantastic performances. Calvin should have put us 4-2 up though at the very least. Bodes well for next season in an attacking sense at the very least. We need AT LEAST another CB to compete though.

A word for Conrad...some fantastic saves tonight. Well done that man.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:51]
Match thread : Millwall on 22:46 - Mar 21 with 3082 viewsDaley_Lama

Spot on Jimmy.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread : Millwall on 22:53 - Mar 21 with 2992 views442Dale

Match thread : Millwall on 22:45 - Mar 21 by JimmyRustler

We are shocking defensively but even moreso when the ball is pumped into our box. I know Millwall are a big side but tonight wasn't the only example of us giving players too much space and freedom in our own area.

McNulty isn't good enough. I'm basing that on his performances since he's been here. This is NOT a knee jerk reaction. He's only passable as a League 1 defender when the balls there to be won in the air. Woeful otherwise.

I wouldn't disagree if you put Canavan in this bracket too. The lad must have been playing for a contract last season but perhaps he's OK next to someone competent?

Tbf to McGahey he's done well on the right but when Raff and Keane are back, he should be playing in a CB pairing with the latter, with Raff reverting to RB.

Ref was a disgrace for the large majority of the game.

Some fantastic performances. Calvin should have put us 4-2 up though at the very least. Bodes well for next season in an attacking sense at the very least. We need AT LEAST another CB to compete though.

A word for Conrad...some fantastic saves tonight. Well done that man.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:51]

Good point at the end - Logan has done really well since coming back into the side. Adds assurance. Shame it wasn't three games earlier.

The second and third goals were really, really bad. So basic.

Match thread : Millwall on 22:57 - Mar 21 with 2946 viewsrich_dale

If what's required to get promoted is to be ultra-physical, big, professional, game-managing and to be most threatening from set pieces, then I'll take our enterprising, footballing way every time. We just need to be stronger at the back (obvs)
Match thread : Millwall on 23:12 - Mar 21 with 2820 viewsShun

There's a hell of a lot of entertainment at Spotland these days. As Clivert says, just look at the amount of goals in the last 4 games.

3-3
3-3
4-1
3-3

There's something about a mouthwatering attack combined with a calamitous defence that really enthralls me. I just can't wait for the next match!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 23:46]
Match thread : Millwall on 23:14 - Mar 21 with 2798 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread : Millwall on 22:29 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

A woeful display from McNulty. He has cost us victory tonight with his inexplicable dithering and farting about for their second goal. I don't know what he did to concede the penalty, but he is costing us points. Time for a rest.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:43]

He didn't give away pen it was Vincenti.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread : Millwall on 23:16 - Mar 21 with 2783 viewsroccydaleian

Match thread : Millwall on 22:41 - Mar 21 by NogintheNog

We sit at the Sandy end of the Main Stand, McNulty pulled their forward down just as Conrad looked set to clear the danger.

It was Vincenti who was penalised for the penalty.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread : Millwall on 23:19 - Mar 21 with 2769 viewsboromat

We were fighting against terrible officiating and a pitch that had our central midfielders mud skating at times. It all suited Millwall's style of play (i.e ugly). Despite this the only reason they scored 2 of there goals was down to our own errors the penalty and the suicide pass. Our three goals were all well worked. We should be winning these games individual errors are costing us. But we are getting some great entertainment. Hope the pitch can have a rest the players definitely looked like they needed to as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread : Millwall on 23:27 - Mar 21 with 2724 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread : Millwall on 23:14 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

He didn't give away pen it was Vincenti.

So it seems, contrary to the opinion of everyone sat near me, but it was still a woeful display from our number 4. I couldn't really see the penalty incident clearly, but I did see the pathetic attempt at a pass which led to their second goal. It happens too often. Tonight we were punished for it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread : Millwall on 23:34 - Mar 21 with 2672 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match thread : Millwall on 23:27 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

So it seems, contrary to the opinion of everyone sat near me, but it was still a woeful display from our number 4. I couldn't really see the penalty incident clearly, but I did see the pathetic attempt at a pass which led to their second goal. It happens too often. Tonight we were punished for it.

We should have had a penalty ourselves on one attack I think it was from a corner two of our lads were dragged down Andrew was one not sure who the other was .
Match thread : Millwall on 07:29 - Mar 22 with 2335 viewsaleanddale

Bizarre that Hill was a centre half and we look calamitous at the back yet scintillating going forwards!!

At 3-2 we had 2 glorious chances to extend the lead. Millwall could not have complained had we been 5 or 6 -2 up. The miss from 2 yards out ( Calvin after NML run into box ) arrggghhhhh....

We had millwall on a rack.. Just could not finish them off.

Cracking night of football.... Yes I was entertained... The last 4 home games producing 23 goals!!

Anybody see the blatant pick up by Archer ( tit ) from the back pass? How did the ref miss that!!!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 7:47]
Match thread : Millwall on 07:46 - Mar 22 with 2304 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread : Millwall on 07:29 - Mar 22 by aleanddale

Bizarre that Hill was a centre half and we look calamitous at the back yet scintillating going forwards!!

At 3-2 we had 2 glorious chances to extend the lead. Millwall could not have complained had we been 5 or 6 -2 up. The miss from 2 yards out ( Calvin after NML run into box ) arrggghhhhh....

Cracking night of football.... Yes I was entertained... The last 4 home games producing 23 goals!!

Anybody see the blatant pick up by Archer ( tit ) from the back pass? How did the ref miss that!!!

Think the ref missed most of the game tbf. Too busy trying to get his average yellows/game up and missed the biggest yellow of the night.
Wish I had a quid for every time one of ours ended on their arse. Cracking performance really under the circs. That spell after half time was ........... spell-binding.
Yes, there were bucket loads of chances squandered but even PL players can do that (City v Liverpool). It also isn't our biggest problem.
Our defensive frailties are our undoing this year (again). Fix that and the glass ceiling may just crack and give way. Fail and we'll continue to play the bridesmaid role in L1.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread : Millwall on 07:51 - Mar 22 with 2280 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread : Millwall on 07:29 - Mar 22 by aleanddale

Did their player knee it back? (Regarding the backpass)

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread : Millwall on 07:54 - Mar 22 with 2270 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread : Millwall on 07:51 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Did their player knee it back? (Regarding the backpass)

Yes he did, therefore not a backpass.
Match thread : Millwall on 08:14 - Mar 22 with 2222 viewsKenBoon

Canavan and McNulty have to be released in the Summer. They've both gone full-mcardle now. Our defence is absolutely awful and Millwall had at least three great chances after their third to win it. I lost count of the amount of crosses (low and high) which just passed everyone in the box. If our defence was just average for this level then we'd be in the play-offs and more likely fighting for automatic. It's not just ability they lack, it's mostly intelligence. As a team we cannot organise ourselves. It seems only Calvin Andrew can really defend for us.
Match thread : Millwall on 08:45 - Mar 22 with 2144 views442Dale

Match thread : Millwall on 08:14 - Mar 22 by KenBoon

Canavan and McNulty have to be released in the Summer. They've both gone full-mcardle now. Our defence is absolutely awful and Millwall had at least three great chances after their third to win it. I lost count of the amount of crosses (low and high) which just passed everyone in the box. If our defence was just average for this level then we'd be in the play-offs and more likely fighting for automatic. It's not just ability they lack, it's mostly intelligence. As a team we cannot organise ourselves. It seems only Calvin Andrew can really defend for us.

The organisation aspect is possibly the biggest problem. Limited players do better when they're organised properly.

Match thread : Millwall on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 2048 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread : Millwall on 08:14 - Mar 22 by KenBoon

That fella at the back post totally unmarked for the free header in injury time is a prime example. Luckily he headed it 1st time when he could have brought it down and had an easy shot at goal.

Match thread : Millwall on 10:03 - Mar 22 with 1971 viewsdawlishdale

Back home again after my brief trip to the land of almost constant rain.

I thought it was a hugely entertaining game again, with both teams having chances to claim a win.

Our front 3 players all played superbly well, with the best performance from Hendo in a long time. Calvin worked hard against a very physical defence and (glaring misses aside) played well. Mendez Laing was almost unplayable for an hour...superb.

Jamie Allen did well in a very boggy, bobbly midfield, whilst Callum Camps scored a good goal but was guilty once again of trying to be too clever when a simple ball would suffice.
Peter Vincenti had a better game than he has recently, although he is so easy for opposition players to wind up and needs to remain calmer. Gave away a stupid penalty.

I actually thought McGahey and Canavan did ok for most of the game, whilst it was clear that Joe Bunney had not fully recovered from Saturday, and looked somewhat tired. Big Jim had another awful game . He alone, I'm afraid, could have cost us 3 goals last night, and puts the fear of god into his team mates and supporters because you just never know when his next clanger is coming. Must rest him please Hilly.

And now a word about Millwall.

They have a very good powerful team with pace and strength.

Thats enough praise.

They were the most horrible moaning "professional" set of cheats that we've seen since Darren Fergusons Posh a couple of years back. It made me cringe to see some of the tricks they got upto. No fookin' wonder no one likes them .

And then there was the referee. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless, and completely intimidated early on by Millwalls players surrounding him begging for Jamie Allen to be sent off. (Millwall reminded me of Man United swarming around the officials.....horrible)

The ref made so many mistakes throughout that I lost count, although he managed to spot their penalty, which was a stupid stupid one to give away by Vincenti (I think)

Finally... the pitch. It's rubbish. Whoever sanctioned a soil based turf in Rochdale (wettest town in England) needs to have a good look at themselves.

Having said all the above; it was another fantastic entertaining game, and well worth using the last of last years holidays to see.
Match thread : Millwall on 10:29 - Mar 22 with 1898 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread : Millwall on 10:03 - Mar 22 by dawlishdale

I thought it was a hugely entertaining game again, with both teams having chances to claim a win.

Our front 3 players all played superbly well, with the best performance from Hendo in a long time. Calvin worked hard against a very physical defence and (glaring misses aside) played well. Mendez Laing was almost unplayable for an hour...superb.

Jamie Allen did well in a very boggy, bobbly midfield, whilst Callum Camps scored a good goal but was guilty once again of trying to be too clever when a simple ball would suffice.
Peter Vincenti had a better game than he has recently, although he is so easy for opposition players to wind up and needs to remain calmer. Gave away a stupid penalty.

I actually thought McGahey and Canavan did ok for most of the game, whilst it was clear that Joe Bunney had not fully recovered from Saturday, and looked somewhat tired. Big Jim had another awful game . He alone, I'm afraid, could have cost us 3 goals last night, and puts the fear of god into his team mates and supporters because you just never know when his next clanger is coming. Must rest him please Hilly.

Thats enough praise.

They were the most horrible moaning "professional" set of cheats that we've seen since Darren Fergusons Posh a couple of years back. It made me cringe to see some of the tricks they got upto. No fookin' wonder no one likes them .

And then there was the referee. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless, and completely intimidated early on by Millwalls players surrounding him begging for Jamie Allen to be sent off. (Millwall reminded me of Man United swarming around the officials.....horrible)

The ref made so many mistakes throughout that I lost count, although he managed to spot their penalty, which was a stupid stupid one to give away by Vincenti (I think)

Finally... the pitch. It's rubbish. Whoever sanctioned a soil based turf in Rochdale (wettest town in England) needs to have a good look at themselves.

Having said all the above; it was another fantastic entertaining game, and well worth using the last of last years holidays to see.

Isn't it layed on a sand base? Looking at this? Whatever the problem is it's been a waste of money and will need ripping up in the summer.

Match thread : Millwall on 11:42 - Mar 22 with 1775 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread : Millwall on 10:03 - Mar 22 by dawlishdale

Thats enough praise.

One word to sum up that club from top to bottom. Odious.

Match thread : Millwall on 12:19 - Mar 22 with 1686 viewsKnowlesy

McNulty and Canavan both awful last night. I don't think Canavan won a single header (unless completely unchallenged) which put us under a lot of pressure as they pumped the ball forward. McNulty is just a calamity and needs to be offloaded ASAP. What worries me is that although he acknowledges the defensive mistakes, Keith seems to keep faith with the same players every week, if Raff is available surely he has to start and push McGahey into the centre.

Bunney looked shattered at the end and his deliveries weren't quite up to scratch because of it. At one point it looked like he couldn't even kick the ball properly with his lead legs. Hopefully will be on recovery this week to be fresh for the weekend.
Match thread : Millwall on 21:49 - Mar 22 with 1359 viewsDaleiLama

Someone's been studying the Millwall way?

Match thread : Millwall on 21:54 - Mar 22 with 1343 viewsDaleiLama

And pity Conrad didn't do a bit of this!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024